The Dumbest Thing I've Ever Read On Being Gay

Admin

Its been on my mind for a day or two to say something on this. It may seem like some of this hardly need said but I think these expressions "same se* attraction" and "unwanted same-se* attraction" are fostering some confusion.

Same se* attraction does not always constitute or indicate h*mose*uality, or only constitutes an aspect of it, and there can be same-se* attraction without h*mose*uality.

CS Lewis has written well on the the four loves, the greek expressions for different sorts of love - Storge, Philia, Eros, Agape, and his book of the same title The Four Loves is one of the best on the subject. But from his day things have become even more muddled. He had to do some debunking about same se* gatherings before he could write on some aspects of the subject.

In a historical context William Barclay has a chapter in his Plain Man's guide to Ethics which gives a good overview of h*mose*uality in Greek and Roman society.

Same-se* attractions up to a point are normal, and may involve eros, without ever crossing over into h*mose*uality. Every ch*ld has same-se* love needs, and this is nothing to do with h*mose*uality. English Psychiatrist Frank Lake said Jesus in his human nature experienced eros in his relationships with his disciples without it being tainted by sinful lust.

"Christ as a man knew not only agape, but eros, a very powerful eros, a longing for human companionship. Therefore He, above all knows that if it is not to do more harm than good, eros must be invaded by and controlled by agape. Its most striking character is patience, whereas eros is always impatient." (Clinical Theology Vol. 2; page 779)

I think Christians need to be clear that h*mose*uality involves a lot more than same se* attraction.

Having same-se* attractions does not make you a gay man, or a lesbian women. One's manner of relating to others of the same se* and opposite se* may lack maturity however and need ongoing sanctification and pastoral support. For the christian their identity is not supposed to be in a se*ual orientation, but in Christ Jesus through faith.

Some are making an argument that what St. Paul wrote about as being under God's judgement was hetrose*ual men and women who had left their opposite se* partners in lust for the same se*, and that modern h*mose*uality is of a different order. There may be a difference of sorts because 'Madison Avenue' has spawned the contemporary image of the modern emancipated h*mose*ual. How different that is from expressions in earlier societies and cultures, is from the christian viewpoint largely irrelevant because its the refusal to acknowledge God as God that Paul is speaking about primarily and then what follows from that. I don't think the aforementioned argument can be used to justify same-se* marriages. And the argument in any case misses the whole point of Paul's thesis in the first chapters of Romans that its the whole world (not just h*mose*uals) that stands in need of Redemption through Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:19 onwards)

This is from: https://www.christianforums.com

To translate EVERYTHING he just said:

Guy's I'm attracted to men, I'm gay, but I don't want to say I'm gay, so here's a bunch of blah blah to make me feel better.

You ever meet someone this confused about their own interests? Like in this much denial?

Bro, you're gay, it's ok.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 11.50.02 AM.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Funny 1

Well, the person who originally posted it is a Christian. That's a problem already & evidently because of his beliefs. He's in denial which is going to cause major problems for him with his fellow Theists. He's gonna get ostracized sooo bad tee hee. 🤭

I love it when Christians turn on their own. It shows how weak their fellowship and support is. They love to shame & judge each other. It's funny to see them do it to each other. They're so petty and weak. 

They have little understanding of things because they're limited to a book written by a bunch of fanatics in 325 AD that were misogynists, h*mophobes, and slavers. 

22 minutes ago, Onision said:

This is from: https://www.christianforums.com

To translate EVERYTHING he just said:

Guy's I'm attracted to men, I'm gay, but I don't want to say I'm gay, so here's a bunch of blah blah to make me feel better.

You ever meet someone this confused about their own interests? Like in this much denial?

Bro, you're gay, it's ok.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 11.50.02 AM.jpg

Yep, some of my bise*ual friends would rather being h*mose*ual than bise*ual because "they do not like being in the Middle, they feel like is wrong"

I literally had one friend telling me, "I am attracted to females too, there is some girl I'd love to date but she's too far away so now I am going all in for d**ks."

Labels stress me , at the end of the day they are just social constructions in order to make you sleep comfortable at night knowing you belong somewhere.

Nooo we all lonely kittens ,( well some of us feel more identify with cute  sleeply racoons ).

13 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I love it when Christians turn on their own. It shows how weak their fellowship and support is. They love to shame & judge each other. It's funny to see them do it to each other. They're so petty and weak. 

What happened to being forgiving and accepting of one another? Weird. I thought that was a Christian thing.

• Star 1

Just now, Onision said:

What happened to being forgiving and accepting of one another? Weird. I thought that was a Christian thing.

Not in my experiences with them. Out of all the denominations, I hate Baptists the most. They're intolerable to be around. If you're doing something wrong in the church. The youth pastor or pastors will call you out on it in front of everyone. They'll even do an intervention even if you quit doing what they call you out on because you have to "repent". Then the rest of the members treat you like you're a convicted criminal. Forgiveness my a;ss. 

• Star 1

19 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Then the rest of the members treat you like you're a convicted criminal. Forgiveness my a;ss. 

Just start rapping off Bible quotes to establish how they're not going to Heaven thanks to them abandoning Christianity's core values:

Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Matthew 6:14 “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”

Colossians 3:13 “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”

Matthew 7:18-20 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 7:1-5 “Do not judge, so that you won’t be judged. For with the judgment you use, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”

Ohhhh GIF by memecandy

Image 006.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I live in the southern bible belt.  Most Christians go out and do as they please. You have your crazy types that aggressively h***ss & domineer their beliefs on to other Christians, Atheists, and Pagans and obsess over scripture & no one wants to be around "those" types. The crazy types can't be reasoned with.

Then you have those that go to Church, like my brother, beg their deity for forgiveness, and then go out & break multiple rules that the Bible states for them not to do.  You know because their "god" is going to forgive them on Sunday.

Then you have the non practicing types like some of my family members that only turn to religion when it's convenient for them. 

7 minutes ago, Onision said:

Just start rapping off Bible quotes to establish how they're not going to Heaven thanks to them abandoning Christianity's core values:

They'd just call me a hypocrite since I'm not Christian. Calling the kettle black is something most of them do very well.

I think for a laugh I'm going to ask them to prove the promise Jesus makes in Mark 16:17-18, that is, ask them to do just one of the following: to speak in new tongues with an interpreter nearby, freely handle venomous snakes, drink deadly poison and heal sick people merely by touching them. Then ask if they might try raising a few of the dead, returning sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf and mobility to the lame, exorcise some demons and make water alcoholic, a very popular work party trick. Jesus was pretty adamant his true followers would be able to do whatever he was capable of and more. It was only a matter of the smallest amount of faith. When the silly Christian fails to deliver. I can point out how stupid the Bible is. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

It's just all shades of sad that people are trying to deny who they are. It's 2021. Something is wrong if people are still scared to accept who they are. This world is messed up. 

• Heart 1