$5,000 of active gift cards?

Mr.Dawn

I wouldn't even see if they were active. I knew a dude who would buy these constantly at the store I worked for, he would drop money on them like crazy.  I told him about scams, but he told me it wasn't like that, so he kept buying them. If it were near the store I would turn it in to customer service.

Otherwise I'd call the back of the number to see what advice they'd give me. Turning it into a police office is an option but to inform a community around my area there were a certain number of "cards" left there not identifying what kind,  could work too.

I couldn't take them or it. If I lost that amount of purchase, I wonder who would do the same for me. 🤔💕

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Otherwise I'd call the back of the number to see what advice they'd give me.

Yeah this is what I would do too. I'd guess they'd be able to link the card back to the purchaser and contact them.

I guess the better question is, what's the highest amount that we would bother to do that? $5,000, absolutely, my conscience couldn't spend that amount without trying to get it back to the owner. $10, even $50? I dunno. I'm not sure I would even try to find an amount like that if I lost it!

• Star 1

So it depends on if it was lost forever or the owner is going to look for it. If money is lost, never to be recovered, the logic says use it. But you can’t know that in most cases, so you find a way to return it or just leave it.