Do you have any friendship turn-offs?

bones

• Elites

Mine would be friends that can’t compliment you or congratulate you when you truly deserve it. 

It turns me off heavily when a ‘friend’ does not keep what I said to them in confidence, but the complete opposite. I probably have some more, but I’ll start with these. 

What are your biggest friendship turn-offs?

• Elites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

When they invite their friends or significant other when it's just supposed to be us hanging out lol

Holy s***t. Me too. 

One of my best ‘girl’ friends can never hang out just us. Always brings another friend of hers. 

Makes me wanna leave as soon as I get there. 

Edited by bones
  • Star 1

• Mod
5 minutes ago, Emily Spracklen said:

I love checking the fridge randomly to see if the food fairies have left me anything new cats fridge GIF

Unrelated but I love that gif as your signature!

7 minutes ago, bones said:

Holy s***t. Me too. 

One of my best ‘girl’ friends can never hang out just us. Always brings another friend of hers. 

Makes me wanna leave as soon as I get there. 

That's so annoying. Couldn't be me lol

• Heart 1

• Elites
2 minutes ago, Emily Spracklen said:

Negative Nancy's are a relationship turn off

I agree. Sometimes ya just wanna be the only negative one, (I am joking)…. But yes. I do find it quite irritating when someone consistently has NOTHING EVER good to say. 

I also can’t stand one-uppers. 

I tend to complain a lot, but it can be frustrating befriending someone who is never satisfied. 

• Heart 1

A massive turn off for me is "manipulative behaviors". Close minded people.

People that are really rude and mean.

People that cannot handle any conversation without getting angry and yelling to others.

People that make animals feel uncomfortable.

People that cannot let go or move on.

Boring conversations, I want to see what makes you want to live not how horrible is doing laundry.

People with 0  goals in life.

Trash talk about others.

Lack of honesty

If your true love is wealth, then bye bye...

People that act like they are superior and look down at everybody else.

People that do not want to deal with their "issues"

Unfairness

People that out of nowhere keep judging without any right.

And something that used to **** me off a lot was that thing of "but Pokemon isn't for ch*ld's?"(but right now it just makes me laugh xD(I think I have not died because of the Pokemon pearl remake and the Pokemon legends)

Not respecting others is a massive turn off.

• Star 2

People who act really over protective over me.  It seems nice, and it is sometimes, but when your friend won't let you even talk to a person and insists on you only sticking with them, it makes you feel like your mother brought you out with no chance of making new friends. 

You Cant Do That No Way GIF by One Day At A Time

2 hours ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

People that cannot handle any conversation without getting angry and yelling to others.

Boring conversations, I want to see what makes you want to live not how horrible is doing laundry.

Trash talk about others.

Lack of honesty

Unfairness

And something that used to **** me off a lot was that thing of "but Pokemon isn't for ch*ld's?"(but right now it just makes me laugh xD(I think I have not died because of the Pokemon pearl remake and the Pokemon legends)

Wow! Yes to all ❤

2 hours ago, summerlusk said:

When I’m literally busy and I don’t respond to them in 5 seconds, then they get mad at me.

😂 I've had this happen way too many times...❤ Unless it's an absolute emergency I don't understand 🤔

2 hours ago, Sam Sarus said:

Been sober for almost 4 years it will be november n they bring that s***t near me so I gotta boot them away 

That's really awesome! 💕 Congratulations! ❤I'm sorry your friend(s) have been disrespectful like that! 😞

• Heart 2
  • Star 1

3 hours ago, bones said:

Mine would be friends that can’t compliment you or congratulate you when you truly deserve it. 

It turns me off heavily when a ‘friend’ does not keep what I said to them in confidence, but the complete opposite. I probably have some more, but I’ll start with these. 

What are your biggest friendship turn-offs?

They'll never admit it but you're probably expendable to them.

Why else treat you that way?

They're seeing how far they push you out the door and seeing if you just keep on taking it.

They could probably care less if you stayed or stuck around. You're just the person they call on when their number one is too busy for them.

They may have it justified that they're a good thing in your life. If so. F;uck em. There's better people out there.

I had sh;it people like that in my life and I chose loneliness over them. Anything was better than the company of a back stabber.

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Star 1

If you take my stuff without asking or don’t share with me but expect that same vibe- You get nothing from me. Reciprocation is key in my book.

If you lie to me and I find out, then confront you and you lie again…I will never speak to you- because I gave a chance for you to admit it. I probably wouldn’t have cared and let it go 💭

If you don’t take interest in things I like or share with you, but then adopt that to your personality or pretend to be into it, I can’t comprehend. You don’t have to like anything I do but please don’t purport what you aren’t. Had a friend do this with music, she’d constantly buy Beatles shirts and talk about how she loved certain artists but if I tried to share their actual albums with her to borrow, or tell her about a concert I knew of…no interest whatsoever 😂 it was comical when I’d try to enlighten her on a topic, she’d usually use what I said in an ig post teaching others 🤓 but not be able to even discuss it slightly. Not into that…

If you don’t take accountability or are too critical yet can’t take criticism.

If you share things that are private details…

If you always want my attention, concern but treat me as if I’m needy when I ask for something. I just never ask again 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I’m a good friend with good boundaries, or at least I try. I even pay attention to how different my communication or personality is to better understand a person. We’re all different 💞 I’m not perfect either lol 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites
3 hours ago, Sam Sarus said:

Been sober for almost 4 years it will be november n they bring that s***t near me so I gotta boot them away 

I relate to this way more than you could possibly know. 

3 hours ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

Trash talk about others.

Lack of honesty

Unfairness

I agree with all. But I also see thes (if they were to happen once) to be red flags and it only takes so many before the boot. Love it though. 

1 hour ago, brittniisundae said:

People who act really over protective over me.  It seems nice, and it is sometimes, but when your friend won't let you even talk to a person and insists on you only sticking with them, it makes you feel like your mother brought you out with no chance of making new friends. 

You Cant Do That No Way GIF by One Day At A Time

Yes. There was this girl dating my ex’s friend from college, so we have been at numerous parties together. 

She would take it upon herself to “tell me when I was done drinking” by filling my shots with water. I would get so angry… for I hadn’t even had that much to drink.

1 hour ago, Mr.Dawn said:

They'll never admit it but you're probably expendable to them.

Why else treat you that way?

They're seeing how far they push you out the door and seeing if you just keep on taking it.

They could probably care less if you stayed or stuck around. You're just the person they call on when their number one is too busy for them.

They may have it justified that they're a good thing in your life. If so. F;uck em. There's better people out there.

I had sh;it people like that in my life and I chose loneliness over them. Anything was better than the company of a back stabber.

Hey… you. I was naming examples.

Anyone close to me doesn’t get away with this. I am far too selective, will forgive, won’t forget. 

56 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

If you take my stuff without asking or don’t share with me but expect that same vibe- You get nothing from me. Reciprocation is key in my book.

If you lie to me and I find out, then confront you and you lie again…I will never speak to you- because I gave a chance for you to admit it. I probably wouldn’t have cared and let it go 💭

If you don’t take interest in things I like or share with you, but then adopt that to your personality or pretend to be into it, I can’t comprehend. You don’t have to like anything I do but please don’t purport what you aren’t. Had a friend do this with music, she’d constantly buy Beatles shirts and talk about how she loved certain artists but if I tried to share their actual albums with her to borrow, or tell her about a concert I knew of…no interest whatsoever 😂 it was comical when I’d try to enlighten her on a topic, she’d usually use what I said in an ig post teaching others 🤓 but not be able to even discuss it slightly. Not into that…

If you don’t take accountability or are too critical yet can’t take criticism.

If you share things that are private details…

If you always want my attention, concern but treat me as if I’m needy when I ask for something. I just never ask again 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I’m a good friend with good boundaries, or at least I try. I even pay attention to how different my communication or personality is to better understand a person. We’re all different 💞 I’m not perfect either lol 

Wow, I relate to this so hard. 

From g*rls taking my s***t without asking, to “me-tooing” everything I say. Check out my post in one of these threads about one of the worst lies. I had a friend do this to me. 

But yes, I’m not perfect either 🤣

• Heart 2
  • Star 1

11 minutes ago, bones said:

I relate to this way more than you could possibly know. 

I agree with all. But I also see thes (if they were to happen once) to be red flags and it only takes so many before the boot. Love it though. 

Yes. There was this girl dating my ex’s friend from college, so we have been at numerous parties together. 

She would take it upon herself to “tell me when I was done drinking” by filling my shots with water. I would get so angry… for I hadn’t even had that much to drink.

Hey… you. I was naming examples.

Anyone close to me doesn’t get away with this. I am far too selective, will forgive, won’t forget. 

Wow, I relate to this so hard. 

From g*rls taking my s***t without asking, to “me-tooing” everything I say. Check out my post in one of these threads about one of the worst lies. I had a friend do this to me. 

But yes, I’m not perfect either 🤣

Looking for it right now 😉 the me too part- that’s difficult because you don’t know how someone actually feels if they just agree or copy you. I relate to so much of what you all are saying, glad I’m not alone. I struggle with when to accept behavior as a personality trait, where they genuinely don’t understand or if it’s a conscious decision. I don’t want to judge someone, knowing I’m not perfect but I’m also not going to ignore behavior just because I’m gentle. 

• Elites
3 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

Looking for it right now 😉 the me too part- that’s difficult because you don’t know how someone actually feels if they just agree or copy you. I relate to so much of what you all are saying, glad I’m not alone. I struggle with when to accept behavior as a personality trait, where they genuinely don’t understand or if it’s a conscious decision. I don’t want to judge someone, knowing I’m not perfect but I’m also not going to ignore behavior just because I’m gentle. 

Yeah, that ‘friend’ of mine made me realize how horrible pathological liars really are. I didn’t even know who she even was. All of our similarities- besides surface/personality traits - were lies. 

It’s not like the things she said happened to her also were GOOD either, lol. I was usually discussing an ab**ive relationship I was in and it’s details. 

Liars are the quite possibly my biggest fear. Next to house fires. 

1 minute ago, bones said:

Yeah, that ‘friend’ of mine made me realize how horrible pathological liars really are. I didn’t even know who she even was. All of our similarities- besides surface/personality traits - were lies. 

It’s not like the things she said happened to her also were GOOD either, lol. I was usually discussing an ab**ive relationship I was in and it’s details. 

But to be frank, we are cool now. 

As per my last response on her. 

• Elites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nicole Casey said:

when they ignore me instead of telling me what’s wrong 

dead a’ss.

i simply just send a lot of messages.

17 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

https://www.onision.net/topic/1387-what’s-the-biggest-lie-you-caught-someone-in/?tab=comments#comment-18299

Edited by bones

8 minutes ago, bones said:

But to be frank, we are cool now. 

As per my last response on her. 

I’m sorry you had to deal with that 🥺 I understand and you deserve better. That is scary, your comparison to a fire is spot on. I dated someone who lied to me similarly and to this day I wonder what was true, what he gained from doing it. Why do you think people lie like that ? It can ruin your perception of others making you question basic facts or what to share. I’m glad you guys are ok now 💞 I have a friend who lies currently and about weird things, makes up stories about guys and herself. I find it hard to listen to lol I’ve distanced myself from her bc of it. 

• Elites
1 minute ago, Rick n morty babe said:

I’m sorry you had to deal with that 🥺 I understand and you deserve better. That is scary, your comparison to a fire is spot on. I dated someone who lied to me similarly and to this day I wonder what was true, what he gained from doing it. Why do you think people lie like that ? It can ruin your perception of others making you question basic facts or what to share. I’m glad you guys are ok now 💞 I have a friend who lies currently and about weird things, makes up stories about guys and herself. I find it hard to listen to lol I’ve distanced myself from her bc of it. 

If you want private message me, but have you met anybody from her life?

1 hour ago, bones said:

I get you. I'm very much the same. It's even more aggravating when your best friend, like family, does you dirty. It causes you to have really bad trust issues. 

6 minutes ago, bones said:

If you want private message me, but have you met anybody from her life?

No, I haven’t and she’s been to my house but not the other way around.

She claims to not have many friends or been in relationships, which made me feel bad for her. She made it seem like she’s just so introverted and no one gives her a chance, but really she tells stories for days that I don’t believe and don’t get me started on when she came over lol Needless to say, I haven’t invited her over again and I keep it casual. Thought I met someone lovely I could connect with but such is life 😂 

7 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

She claims to not have many friends or been in relationships, which made me feel bad for her. She made it seem like she’s just so introverted and no one gives her a chance, but really she tells stories for days that I don’t believe and don’t get me started on when she came over lol Needless to say, I haven’t invited her over again and I keep it casual. Thought I met someone lovely I could connect with but such is life 😂 

Pity friendships are a coin toss. Last guy I befriended out of pity made me regret it. I could see why his girlfriend walked out on him.

He had anger and control issues. He had several outbursts at me over stupid stuff. His sister warned me...twice.

No worries. I drop kicked his sorry a;ss out of my life real quick. He was a M;iserable f;uck.

Edited by Mr.Dawn

2 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Pity friendships are a coin toss. Last guy I befriended out of pity made me regret it. I could see why his girlfriend walked out on him.

He had anger and control issues. He had several outbursts at me over stupid stuff. His sister warned me...twice.

No worries. I drop kicked his sorry a;ss out of my life real quick. He was a M;iserable f;uck.

Lol 

• Elites

Crazy partners that don’t allow them to have friends. Like sorry you’re going through that but if they start to bring trouble to me I gotta go. Hmu when y’all break up so I can handle some stuff 😼

Also when my friends get into more than a smoke or drink every now and again. I’ve seen too many people lose themselves to d***s and I’ll try to help for a period of time. At some point I have to go bc it hurts to see someone I care about like that., some learn.. some are still dealing with it.. some weren’t so lucky..

• Heart 1