A game of cat & mouse?

Hitchens

Also teasing.

You ever meet someone and they adamantly show a tremendous amount of interest in you and they flirt & they flirt. You're getting all of these signals from them like they're totally into you. So when you go to ask them out. They back away and completely lose interest. 

Ever have someone tease you like that?

• Star 1

Yikes! I've been there. 😂 & it's all a game. Even if nothing comes out of it, it's really just seeing if they could have you or not while they're most likely fumbling around with other options. I did get my feelings hurt from this, but there were no promises. I can't be mad and holding a grudge the rest of my life from that one person. Just a lesson taught years ago. 💕

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Yikes! I've been there. 😂 & it's all a game. Even if nothing comes out of it, it's really just seeing if they could have you or not while they're most likely fumbling around with other options. I did get my feelings hurt from this, but there were no promises. I can't be mad and holding a grudge the rest of my life from that one person. Just a lesson taught years ago. 💕

In my experiences and I'm not always correct. It's onay to be wrong.

I can sometimes tell when a woman is into me & I know when they're not. Some more straightforward than others.

There was this girl at my workplace. She'd come into my office. She'd talk. Vent about her life. She'd talk about her divorce. She'd giggle when I'd say certain things & she'd slowly get closer & closer. 

To my surprise. We matched on MATCH.COM and I was not surprised. She even gave me her number.

But...here's where things went downhill.  She didn't answer my texts or the one phone call I made. I even asked her out. She said she was busy.

So I backed away because I didn't want to look like a creep or be that guy.

But I was aggravated. I felt like she led me on. 

I quit talking to her and she did the same. And then. A few months later. She started talking to me a lot and griping about her new verbally a;busive boyfriend that lived 3 hours away.

This frustrated me too. I didn't understand her. I felt like she was rubbing my nose into all of this.

But I accepted that she was playing games & that I was just that guy she wasn't going to see. I made peace with it and I moved on rather quickly like a sane person would.

• Star 1

12 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

In my experiences and I'm not always correct. It's onay to be wrong.

I can sometimes tell when a woman is into me & I know when they're not. Some more straightforward than others.

There was this girl at my workplace. She'd come into my office. She'd talk. Vent about her life. She'd talk about her divorce. She'd giggle when I'd say certain things & she'd slowly get closer & closer. 

To my surprise. We matched on MATCH.COM and I was not surprised. She even gave me her number.

But...here's where things went downhill.  She didn't answer my texts or the one phone call I made. I even asked her out. She said she was busy.

So I backed away because I didn't want to look like a creep or be that guy.

But I was aggravated. I felt like she led me on. 

I quit talking to her and she did the same. And then. A few months later. She started talking to me a lot and griping about her new verbally a;busive boyfriend that lived 3 hours away.

This frustrated me too. I didn't understand her. I felt like she was rubbing my nose into all of this.

But I accepted that she was playing games & that I was just that guy she wasn't going to see. I made peace with it and I moved on rather quickly like a sane person would.

Oh my 😕 see? I just feel like a lot of these people want to juggle options around like it's no biggie. I can only wonder if she's still up to the same stuff 🤔

37 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

Oh my 😕 see? I just feel like a lot of these people want to juggle options around like it's no biggie. I can only wonder if she's still up to the same stuff 🤔

I haven't seen her around in a while. She moved.

She seems to really enjoy tox*c men. Her boyfriend was screaming and yelling at her over the phone at work and send her cryptic text messages.

She was the janitor. So he'd distract her.

She seemed to really enjoy paying him back for how he treated her. But when asked if she'd leave him, she said she had feelings for him.

I guess it true what I've heard about some women being into douche bag men. She evidently enjoyed it. 

I don't get why she'd want to be with somebody who was unstable.

But I suspect she was probably tge same way as him since she enjoyed fighting with him. 

Knowing that. I think she would have added to my stress had I succeeded in getting with her. 

If my suspicions were true. I'm glad.

• Star 1

37 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I haven't seen her around in a while. She moved.

She seems to really enjoy tox*c men. Her boyfriend was screaming and yelling at her over the phone at work and send her cryptic text messages.

She was the janitor. So he'd distract her.

She seemed to really enjoy paying him back for how he treated her. But when asked if she'd leave him, she said she had feelings for him.

I guess it true what I've heard about some women being into douche bag men. She evidently enjoyed it. 

I don't get why she'd want to be with somebody who was unstable.

But I suspect she was probably tge same way as him since she enjoyed fighting with him. 

Knowing that. I think she would have added to my stress had I succeeded in getting with her. 

If my suspicions were true. I'm glad.

I wouldn't dismiss your suspicions at all. I feel confident in your reasoning and observations. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm happy for you now, being where you are & who you're with. 😊❤ 

• Heart 1