How often do you eat out?

Hitchens

I don't actually go to restaurants much. Maybe once every couple months. I'm more of a take-away girl. Love ordering in and enjoying my food in my own home comforts. Sad but true.

• Heart 1

• Elites
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

I don't actually go to restaurants much. Maybe once every couple months. I'm more of a take-away girl. Love ordering in and enjoying my food in my own home comforts. Sad but true.

This ^ is actually my truth. Thank you all.

Kind of thought it meant the same 😂

On 8/20/2021 at 10:08 PM, Ann said:

I'm very similar too, if I eat out at a restaurant it is if I'm seeing friends or if it's a really nice place where it's a special occasion. Otherwise I prefer to eat at home from a takeaway so I can eat with a real plate, fork and knife - I hate the plastic s***t you get in takeaway restaurants! 😂

Uff this question...if you ask me this a month ago , the answer would be "as much as I am not able to avoid it".

Now I just found out that there has to be a balance, and it's good joining your friends and having tasty, high calorics meals from time to time. And if your body is in balance nothing really bad should happen.

I literally made an experiment seeing my weight fluctuation when going out and eating "unplanned things" and I just found out that it didn't matter at all, not even the biggest amount of food could make it fluctuate a lot. So I started including "things that I would have out , but homemade" and guess what ? I gained weight but not something crazy like what I feared.

So in conclusion, moderation is key and it depends on your lifestyle plans. But I highly recommend cooking as much as you can. Doing meals that can last a few days so you can eat more days homemade.

And indulge yourself, from time to time, but better if you have people around you to take you out , and it's more socializing and doing more things apart eating so that it is not the main focuss on the meating.

I remember the first day this summer I decided to eat out, it's always with friends. I have a friend that trains a lot and has a really healthy relationship with food, so she helped me a lot with eating different things and foods that would be "prohibited" in any other diet . For example Spanish omelette cooked the original way with lots of oil. Well I can tell you I am able to eat this dish while being satisfied without freaking out afterwards. 

I love eating pizza out, specially if the dou*h is really thin, crispy and tasty.

It has  been a long time without eating a whole pizza for myself,  now I've seen that I can make it and nothing wrong happens. 

I think this summer I have eaten way much worse but it feels like in a more sustainable way. 

And it's not like "programming cheat days" it is just dealing with people taking you out of your schedule as long as you are not competing in anything where you have to be strict, and as long as you feel like it's not a bad thing . But it is not normal avoiding it or just having a cup of coffee while the other person eats out. A happy balanced medium. Not eating out all days but planning your weekly meals in a sustainable way and then cope with "there will be some days my friends will want to take me out of my comfort zone and it's okay" 

I think this explanation could help anybody who has anxiety dealing with this topic 😸

2 minutes ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

Uff this question...if you ask me this a month ago , the answer would be "as much as I am not able to avoid it".

Now I just found out that there has to be a balance, and it's good joining your friends and having tasty, high calorics meals from time to time. And if your body is in balance nothing really bad should happen.

I literally made an experiment seeing my weight fluctuation when going out and eating "unplanned things" and I just found out that it didn't matter at all, not even the biggest amount of food could make it fluctuate a lot. So I started including "things that I would have out , but homemade" and guess what ? I gained weight but not something crazy like what I feared.

So in conclusion, moderation is key and it depends on your lifestyle plans. But I highly recommend cooking as much as you can. Doing meals that can last a few days so you can eat more days homemade.

And indulge yourself, from time to time, but better if you have people around you to take you out , and it's more socializing and doing more things apart eating so that it is not the main focuss on the meating.

I remember the first day this summer I decided to eat out, it's always with friends. I have a friend that trains a lot and has a really healthy relationship with food, so she helped me a lot with eating different things and foods that would be "prohibited" in any other diet . For example Spanish omelette cooked the original way with lots of oil. Well I can tell you I am able to eat this dish while being satisfied without freaking out afterwards. 

I love eating pizza out, specially if the dou*h is really thin, crispy and tasty.

It has  been a long time without eating a whole pizza for myself,  now I've seen that I can make it and nothing wrong happens. 

I think this summer I have eaten way much worse but it feels like in a more sustainable way. 

And it's not like "programming cheat days" it is just dealing with people taking you out of your schedule as long as you are not competing in anything where you have to be strict, and as long as you feel like it's not a bad thing . But it is not normal avoiding it or just having a cup of coffee while the other person eats out. A happy balanced medium. Not eating out all days but planning your weekly meals in a sustainable way and then cope with "there will be some days my friends will want to take me out of my comfort zone and it's okay" 

I think this explanation could help anybody who has anxiety dealing with this topic 😸

We go out but like we have a policity of not expending more than 15-20 euros. If we can make it to spend 8-10 euros per head it's just wonderful and ideal. So we can go from time to time without "making Wall Street colapse " xD . And there has to be room for dessert. 

9 hours ago, Onision said:

I've found I tend to feel less healthy after eating out... when I eat common household groceries however, I feel fine... anyone relate?

I mean, depends how the food is prepared. I can somewhat relate?

On 8/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, Mr.Dawn said:

How often do you go out and eat at a restaurant?

As little as possible.