Do you ever feel lonely?

Mr.Dawn

• Mod

I've always loved to live alone so I never felt lonely living by myself, but I may feel lonely in the sense that I don't have many friends to hang out with. However I'm always hanging out with my sister so that helps a lot.

• Elites

It’s natural to feel lonely some times even if you’re in a room crowded with people. I get lonely mainly when I want to share moments with someone else who would equally have a good time but obviously can’t. When I’m feeling down I rather work on it alone and come back as a better person to further share good moments with.. I enjoy being alone most of the the time lately without feeling lonely.

• Star 1

I like being alone to a point.

I once went 6 months without talking to anyone at all, and lived out of town alone. Mainly didn’t talk to anyone because I lived alone out of town, and we live in a world with self checkout. 

I don’t mind my own company but humans need contact with others at a certain point. You can actually lose your voice if you don’t use it. It took me a month to get it back when I started having to talk to people upon moving back to a civilized area. And voice cracked like puberty all over again. Lol vocal cords ARE muscles. 

Solitude is also not good for your sense of time and mental health. And both are important. Even if you’re really stable and level headed being alone with just you can mess you up a bit. feedback from other people is important. 

I do feel lonely in ways that I don't feel understood. That feeling of being around others yet still feeling alone, has always felt true to me. To be alone with another person always brought a better feeling. Communicating more so through my devices have helped quite a bit, it just feels differently. Living alone is fine, working from home is fine, sometimes I have bad days and so I feel differently. At night it's more difficult. I'm just a background person in this world, and that's fine. When I confessed to a few people that I feel lonely, it was discarded. "You have so many people who you talk to, that talk to you". So I don't really tell people anymore. That's how people see me, I understand that.

Thanks for sharing.  I get this way as well.  I just don't feel like I fit in sometimes.  As I having gotten older it doesn't matter as much to me so I think as we understand the symptoms of depression it gets a bit easier to deal with.