Would you date someone who couldn’t keep a job?

Ghostie

• Elites

In my personal opinion, I would like my partner to work.

I think this way because I put a lot of effort into the work I do, and want to be on the same-level as my partner.

This creates more of a "team-like" relationship, where both parties contribute and eventually it can flourish into "what's mine is also yours".

*personal opinion

*ALSO, I do want to take-off from work when ch*ldren enter my life at some point, so this opinion may change

• Star 2

8 minutes ago, bones said:

*personal opinion

*ALSO, I do want to take-off from work when ch*ldren enter my life at some point, so this opinion may change

And this is a personal opinion that I support from my own experiences. It is perfectly reasonable to stay home as it is hard to get out and work when there is young c*hildren involved. 

It will be very beneficial for you that your partner and the father of your offspring works while you stay home to feed, look after their needs, and get them ready to go into public schools. It takes a good 5 to 6 years. 

My mother stayed home with my siblings until my brother was 7 and my sister was 5. She went back to work when they were old enough to go to school. At times she would occasionally have a babysitter come in for a few hours.  

My ex wife couldn't work when we had our k*ids.  She stayed home and watched them & I worked. Such is a man's duty to his family. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1

• Elites
Just now, Mr.Dawn said:

And this is a personal opinion that I support from my own experiences. It is perfectly reasonable to stay home as it is hard to get out and work when they're young c*hildren around.

It will be very beneficial to you that your partner and the father of your offspring works while you stay home to feed, look after their needs, and get them ready to go into public schools. It takes a good 5 to 6 years. 

My mother stayed home with siblings until my brother was 7 and my sister was 5. She went back to work when they were old enough to go to school. At times she would occasionally have a babysitter come in for a few hours.  

Yes, this is my mindset as well. My mother changed her entire job around for my brother and I. She changed her career to being a school-teacher, and while we were little, she worked at a pre-school, and brought us with her. She eventually worked in an elementary school. It was nice when we got older because she was home when we were home from school, and she had summers off. 

• Star 1

4 minutes ago, bones said:

Yes, this is my mindset as well. My mother changed her entire job around for my brother and I. She changed her career to being a school-teacher, and while we were little, she worked at a pre-school, and brought us with her. She eventually worked in an elementary school. It was nice when we got older because she was home when we were home from school, and she had summers off. 

My mother is a teacher as well. She started out subbing at elementary schools when I was little. Then of course she stayed home for half a decade raising my siblings. Then when they started going to school. She went back to college. In that time, she started teaching at a private high school. Then when my siblings were in middle school. She started teaching college classes. She's now an English and literature teacher and she does a lot of online classes. 

• Heart 1

• Elites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

My mother is a teacher as well. She started out subbing at elementary schools when I was little. Then of course she stayed home for half a decade raising my siblings. Then when they started going to school. She went back to college. In that time, she started teaching at a private high school. Then when my siblings were in middle school. She started teaching college classes. She's now an English and literature teacher and she does a lot of online classes. 

Unfortunately, my mother is now gone, God rest her soul.

But my mom took Masters courses online while we were little (at night, so after she put us to bed), and got two different Masters degrees online while raising us both.

My dad wasn't a present father, even though my parents remained married, he travelled incessantly my whole life (internationally, 300 days out of the year), but my mother played both roles extremely well.

I would say I was definitely raised spoiled, my mom did it all. 

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, bones said:

Unfortunately, my mother is now gone, God rest her soul.

I'm sorry for your loss. You have my sympathies. 

But my mom took Masters courses online while we were little (at night, so after she put us to bed), and got two different Masters degrees online while raising us both.

She sounds like she was very intelligent woman. You must have been very proud of her and her accomplishments. 

My dad wasn't a present father, even though my parents remained married, he travelled incessantly my whole life (internationally, 300 days out of the year), but my mother played both roles extremely well.

Was it because of a career or was he just estranged from you and your mother? 

My father was barely in my life except for 3 years. He divorced my mother 4 years into the marriage. He had little appreciation for anything. He opted out & ended up disowning me at the age of 15. We haven't spoken in years. 

I would say I was definitely raised spoiled, my mom did it all. 

You should meet my cousins as neither of them live in the real world. You don't seem at all spoiled by comparison. You have a realistic view on what the world is. I respect that.

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Heart 1

• Elites
1 minute ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I'm sorry for your loss. You have my sympathies. 

She sounds like she was very intelligent woman. You must have been very proud of her for her accomplishments. 

Was it because of a career or was he just estranged from you and your mother? 

My father was barely in my life except for 3 years. He had little appreciation for my mother and myself. He opted out & ended up disowning me at the age of 15. We haven't spoken in years. 

You should meet my cousins as neither of them live in the real world. You don't seem at all spoiled by comparison. You have a realistic view on what the world is. I respect that.

It is due to his career, he spent 30+ years on the road, and in return, lost decades of time with his family and the best things in life, like my competitions, sports events, recitals, band concerts, etc. 

That does not mean he wasn't a serial-cheater and hurt my family very much, but my mother is a Saint and still remained married to him.

I like to say my mother gave me it all, I never even noticed that my dad wasn't around that's how present of a parent my mother was, and in that I was 'spoiled'. Yes, that means materialistic things as well, but the reason I want to be the potential mother I will be one day, is because of her and how she taught me to be the ultimate parent. 

My ex's cousins were raised very wealthy and have no idea what it means to not order appetizers, a dinner, AND a dessert every time you go out to eat. I cringed in my chair when the youngest one complained to the restaurant for not having 'gluten-free' options, even though this girl was only 13 at the time. So yes, I definitely know that there can be TWO different kinds of spoiled 🤣

• Heart 2