Post An Example of EXTREME Clout Chasing

Admin

This is a pretty good example... this dude was so desperate to be famous that he wound up falling/ending his life just for views/likes etc.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/7841444d31637a6333566d54/share_p.html

Wu Yongning was a guy who thought "Hey, you know what I can do to get attention? Do things that common sense says, DANGER, DANGER, DO NOT DO."

Anyway... know of any examples of people wanting to be famous so badly that they risk it all?

Image 002.jpg

• Mod

I remember when some people, mostly teenagers, did the "hot water challenge" by pouring boiling water on themselves or drinking it for views. I think one person ended up with 3rd degree burns. How dumb can people get?? 

• Heart 1

gorilla-glue.thumb.jpg.024c2e0db43b2d93adc85ea7e29dbf69.jpg

After the first person received help from gorilla glue in hair, and there were announcements not to do this and to check the bottle:

gorilla-glue-3.thumb.jpg.f54efe610286761d96bc486d62c3c383.jpg

this person decided to do the same exact thing on tiktok to make profit. Raised enough money for surgery & travel to LA like the first person but also received 3k. The first person above, raised 24k for medical bills and was reported that they are donating most of it to charity. 

• Elites
48 minutes ago, Onision said:

So she wound up being... fine. And everyone was freaking out about nothing?

Yep. Still one of the stupidest ideas to even attempt. 

But she did do something outrageously dangerous because 'yolo', and to get a few million views on TikTok.

I'd never jump into any body of water with the amount of fecal matter, dead bodies, pesticides, urban runoff, loads of bacteria...

1 hour ago, brittniisundae said:

gorilla-glue.thumb.jpg.024c2e0db43b2d93adc85ea7e29dbf69.jpg

After the first person received help from gorilla glue in hair, and there were announcements not to do this and to check the bottle:

gorilla-glue-3.thumb.jpg.f54efe610286761d96bc486d62c3c383.jpg

this person decided to do the same exact thing on tiktok to make profit. Raised enough money for surgery & travel to LA like the first person but also received 3k. The first person above, raised 24k for medical bills and was reported that they are donating most of it to charity. 

I never really thought it was accidental. I just thought they did it for attention like this guy who padlocked his ear claiming that a random stranger ran up and slapped it on him when he wasn't looking. 🙄

31CE818900000578-3474882-Tom_Grim_Fandan

• Star 1

6 minutes ago, Terminated said:

I never really thought it was accidental. I just thought they did it for attention like this guy who padlocked his ear claiming that a random stranger ran up and slapped it on him when he wasn't looking. 🙄

31CE818900000578-3474882-Tom_Grim_Fandan

This is a total maybe then with the first person, because I dont quite understand why you would grab gorilla glue to put in your hair. There was just no excuse for copy cats, or the second person to try. I did think it was a mix up, but apparently not.Screenshot_20210818-155515_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b38504a184f2d35d767b908e6163d254.jpg

& oh this guy was from the UK right? He was on break at work. Wouldn't there be cameras? Did he get that checked? How did he get that off?! 😳 

2 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

& oh this guy was from the UK right? He was on break at work. Wouldn't there be cameras? Did he get that checked? How did he get that off?! 😳 

He "claims" some guy up the road took it off with bolt cutters. He didn't provide pictures or have a witness take credit for taking it off. I still believe to this day that he did it just for sole purpose of getting attention. 

Mr Matthews later commented - after re-iterating how mad he was - that he was 'so glad old boy lived up the road and had bolt cutters'. 

Article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3474882/Man-left-fuming-sneaked-locked-PADLOCK-stretched-earlobe.html

• Star 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Terminated said:

He "claims" some guy up the road took it off with bolt cutters. He didn't provide pictures or have a witness take credit for taking it off. I still believe to this day that he did it just for sole purpose of getting attention. 

Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

Okay that definitely is very suspicious. 🤦‍♀️

• Funny 1