Do you think humans are inherently bad?

Ann

Do you think, in general, that humans are inherently bad? Or do you trust that most people are basically good, deep down? .... What are you reasons for your belief on this?

evil music video GIF by mattisdovier

• Heart 1
  • Star 2

• Mod

I think there are a lot of good people and the ones who are bad must have had an awful ch*ldhood or were raised in a bad household. They could have mental problems for them to act that way too. Personally I haven't had many experiences with bad people but maybe I just try to see the good in people.

• Heart 2

I would say inherently good.

Humans are basically higher beings stuck inside animals. That’s pretty much all your body is. My mental health stuff has really forced me to actually see the line where my mind ends and the physical body begins, because I do have to fight with my body to remain functional. 

So for me the mind of everyone is inherently good. We all want the same thing. Love and purpose. 
the animal body isn’t bad nor good. It’s like a lizard. It’s going to do what it’s going to do to get homeostasis which is what it wants. And if it needs to be extreme in order to do that it will. So a lot of “evil” I don’t see as evil, I just see the two not lining up right. Or hilariously it’s kinda like that “you’re not you when you’re hungry have a snickers commercial”   So anyone who is stuck in animal survival mode is inherently neutral. 

or another way to look at it is software and hardware. You can put windows 10 on different devices and it’s still windows 10. But windows 10 kinda works like s***t on a pc and it works really well on a tablet. Same for people. 

Whenever I really dig into “evil” people I always find a software or hardware issue. Repairable issues. So the only true evil for me is when someone refuses to get help. Evil can’t be inherent because it’s a choice to not seek redemption. 

and that’s why I also view it as so cruel to cut people off from that help because you think they “don’t deserve it” that’s a form of evil. But that’s also a choice. 

but yeah some people know they are sick and choose to let it hurt everyone around them and refuse help of any kind . And others refuse to let others get better and Big yikes stop pls. 

I know and have spent time with a lot of societies lowest through state institutions during my own recovery. 

I can no longer muster anything stronger than sorrow for “bad people” let alone hate. 

idk maybe I’m a bad person and this worldview is just coping with that. 

Edited by Ghostie
  • Heart 2
  • Star 1

12 hours ago, LadyDaigona said:

I do think humanity is doomed. Because too many of us are bad, or simply don’t care.

ive long felt that we should as a species just f*** right off and let Mother Earth heal. 

cuz we s*ck. Everything we touch dies

fairly oddparents everything i touch dies GIF

I 100% agree with this. Humanity is just awful & I see proof of it everywhere I go even online. Sorry to be pessimistic but there is no escape. Humans are t*rrible to the planet & each other. 

Honestly this forum is the only place I haven't witnessed any negativity.

Haha, I just realized why I'm an urbexer. I like visiting places where civilization ceased & humanity no longer resides because it has a peacefulness that is soothing. Just absolutely void of the intense anxiety inducing energy some people create. It's also nice to see nature reclaim a place. When we are finally gone Earth will be OK. It is already fixing the places we abandoned & destroyed.

Wow, my after midnight thoughts are eye opening 😅clock midnight GIF

• Heart 2

18 hours ago, LadyDaigona said:

I do think humanity is doomed. Because too many of us are bad, or simply don’t care.

ive long felt that we should as a species just f*** right off and let Mother Earth heal. 

cuz we s*ck. Everything we touch dies

I agree because of over population which has led to mass extinction of other animals, pollution, nuclear meltdowns, etc etc. 

Just check out what these people did to their river. They dumped trash and other pollutants in it from factories and ki**ed everything in it. 

• Heart 1

Posted (edited)

It's been interesting seeing all your views on this. 

For the most part I think people are basically good, and it's often the messed up situations we are exposed to during life that can bring out people's  inner cruelty to others.

Edited by Ann
  • Star 1

• Elites
1 hour ago, Terminated said:

I agree because of over population which has led to mass extinction of other animals, pollution, nuclear meltdowns, etc etc. 

Just check out what these people did to their river. They dumped trash and other pollutants in it from factories and ki**ed everything in it. 

This is quite ironic. 

I went on a deep-dive regarding polluted rivers, which are the most polluted in the world, which are in the US, the list goes on...

It is absolutely horrific if you really look into it. 

But, I do (try) and believe that for the most part, the majority of the human population has good intentions. 

• Heart 3

8 minutes ago, bones said:

But, I do (try) and believe that for the most part, the majority of the human population has good intentions. 

I try to hold onto that. 

• Heart 1

It really depends on genetics and what environment you grow up in but I do believe that humans are inherently good because we evolved to take care of each other and be morally good so that our species would live on

I think humans are t*rrible, I sometimes wonder if I’m an alien or elf like being. Though I do have faith in myself being decent and I’m apparently human, does that mean you shouldn’t trust anyone but yourself…or is that a sign of other humans being potentially good ?? 🧐

I can’t say for sure because I don’t know. I also know some animals that are kinder that humans, that makes me wonder. 

• Heart 1