What is the most important lesson in life so far?

Admin

For me... most important lesson is to never give someone more than what they give you.

Don't let yourself be taken advantage of... nice guys finish last, you wear your heart on your sleeve, it's gonna get hurt yadda yadda...

Also, keep your feelings to only those who give you back what you give them, everyone else... pretty much can't handle your words or thoughts responsibly.

Basically... be chill, be distant, be focused on what you get as much as what others get.

Haha... some may call that selfish - I call it getting what's fair & protecting yourself from those who just want a free ride at the cost of your soul's natural shine.

design glow GIF by xponentialdesign

• Heart 2
  • Star 2

People aren't always what they appear to be. Believe all you want that you may be able to help, but in truth, what they need is to want that change for themselves. & understand that you need to step away for months, or even years to heal yourself from that type of relationship. For me it was understanding more about myself. Self love is the best kind of selfish you can be. I needed that & still continue to pursue it.

Perfect Loop Illusion GIF

• Heart 1

I feel like I need to learn from people passing on. It's a hard one for me. I hope to see a lesson learned with grieving here. I'm okay with passing on,myself. Whatever happens does. However I'm having a difficult time even years ago "knowing" specific people are not coming back. (I say that, but it's different in my mind) I'm stuck in that denial. Thoughts like "they're on vacation, or they're just somewhere else at the moment". Finally hitting that feeling and lesson will be dramatic to my life. It sounds stupid... probably, but it's a lesson and some thing I struggle hard with. 💕

• Heart 3

For me? To be true to who I am and never ever change anything to keep others happy. No one should have to chip away at their own personality just to keep the judgement tribes happy 

• Star 1

Be mindful of other people experience because it’s really easy to suddenly find yourself on the other end. 

take criticism, even if it sounds stupid or just mean for mean sake pretend it’s not for a moment and digest it. Has helped me see different sides of myself and grow. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

13 hours ago, Onision said:

Don't let yourself be taken advantage of... nice guys finish last, you wear your heart on your sleeve, it's gonna get hurt yadda yadda...

I was always under the impression that was a dating metaphor. Women prefer an a*sshole, alpha male, over the guy that is  a pushover, the omega. 

The "nice guys finish last" view is that there is a discrepancy between women's stated preferences and their actual choices in men. In other words, women say that they want nice guys, but really go for men who are "j*rks" or "bad boys" in the end.

Nice guy - Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_guy#:~:text=The "nice guys finish last" view is that there is,bad boys" in the end.

Edited by Terminated
  • Star 1

1 hour ago, Terminated said:

I was always under the impression that was a dating metaphor. Women prefer an a*sshole, alpha male, over the guy that is  a pushover, the omega. 

Just gonna leave this here for the what women want topic left is mag for men right is mag for women. 

4687CD14-35A9-44D6-B6FF-C18B30EAC945.jpeg

I feel that there are constantly lessons to be learned in life, so in my eyes it’s hard for me to say what the most important lesson is. 

*Sigh* might sound sad, one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned is that at the end of the day the only person who ever truly has your back? Is yourself.

Trust is sacred, and should NOT be given away at any cost.

Respect is earned not given.

It is draining to build on any type of feelings or relationships *including friendships* because to me it’s just too much work to be let down all over again. *sounds depressing, I don’t always feel this way.. I try to stay hopeful in a hopeless world hah

Love has different meanings and forms and is WAY more complex than it will ever be simple.

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Steff said:

I feel that there are constantly lessons to be learned in life, so in my eyes it’s hard for me to say what the most important lesson is. 

*Sigh* might sound sad, one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned is that at the end of the day the only person who ever truly has your back? Is yourself.

Trust is sacred, and should NOT be given away at any cost.

Respect is earned not given.

It is draining to build on any type of feelings or relationships *including friendships* because to me it’s just too much work to be let down all over again. *sounds depressing, I don’t always feel this way.. I try to stay hopeful in a hopeless world hah

Love has different meanings and forms and is WAY more complex than it will ever be simple.

I agree with every word in that post. Which is why it's hard for me to establish friends and why I almost called it off with my girlfriend. It's hard to have confidence in anyone. So many people just take & take. It gets old.

True, it is hard to have confidence in people. This is why I sometimes appreciate that I have a big imagination because of the happiness it can bring me, then again this has had its cons and negative effects in the past. 

Most people I feel lack empathy, empathy as in the ability to try to understand or feel what someone else is feeling. The worst thing about being a so called empath is our own feelings should never be separated.. If that makes sense.

Peace is a wonderful gift that it can take years to understand or accept.

Peace is not just the concept of "no war" but rather the embracing of the calm around you.

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 12.02.42 PM.jpg

This quote is cringe, a little, but there is some value in it --- you gotta be ready for peace, and really connect with it... see the value and gift in the soft touch of the world around you. There is far more peace in the world than there is conflict. Earth belongs to peace, conflict is just a visitor.

• Heart 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:04 AM, brittniisundae said:

I feel like I need to learn from people passing on. It's a hard one for me. I hope to see a lesson learned with grieving here. I'm okay with passing on,myself. Whatever happens does. However I'm having a difficult time even years ago "knowing" specific people are not coming back. (I say that, but it's different in my mind) I'm stuck in that denial. Thoughts like "they're on vacation, or they're just somewhere else at the moment". Finally hitting that feeling and lesson will be dramatic to my life. It sounds stupid... probably, but it's a lesson and some thing I struggle hard with. 💕

I feel you. The more you have to let people go the more you get used to.

At first that beautiful friendship that you thought was gonna last a lifetime...but ended , it is just not the same fire burning, a change of perspective.

Then that person that used to lighten up your brightest days, "the one" you thought,

Interminable conversations, butterflies down your stomach, adrenaline everytime you touch...

It all ended up 

Not even your wildest denial could cope with that harsh reality. It will never come back, those moments are just memories from a past , where you were happy.

You remind all of that and your heart falls apart, the only thing you got left is hope.

Hope in being able to feel again.

• Star 1