Family Drama

my parents dont understand crypto and how i make money off of it, they still think im doing i**egal s***t even though i manage to keep a higher credit score than both of them combined, have a loan for a car that i haven't missed a single payment for yet. it s*cks because i cant really explain what i do to get it because "i leave my computer on running a program and it generates the money" isn't a good answer and they think the only things computers can do are send emails and browse facebook.

Just now, Obama-Gaming said:

my parents dont understand crypto and how i make money off of it, they still think im doing i**egal s***t even though i manage to keep a higher credit score than both of them combined, have a loan for a car that i haven't missed a single payment for yet. it s*cks because i cant really explain what i do to get it because "i leave my computer on running a program and it generates the money" isn't a good answer and they think the only things computers can do are send emails and browse facebook.

i dont even make that much to give them any of it since i have a loan and other personal subscriptions i already share with them (netflix, disney+ amazon prime)

its just cringe

• Heart 1

• Mod

My aunt and her husband basically kicked out my cousin who came out as bi and his step dad called him a derogatory term and I just don't understand how they can treat him that way. Instead of being angry, why can't you just treat him the same as you did before? I can't believe people still kick out their own ch*ldren for those reasons in this age.

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, Obama-Gaming said:

i dont even make that much to give them any of it since i have a loan and other personal subscriptions i already share with them (netflix, disney+ amazon prime)

its just cringe

I’m 99.9% sure my family wouldn’t understand that either. It’s because of their age.

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

My aunt and her husband basically kicked out my cousin who came out as bi and his step dad called him a derogatory term and I just don't understand how they can treat him that way. Instead of being angry, why can't you just treat him the same as you did before? I can't believe people still kick out their own ch*ldren for those reasons in this age.

h*mophobia is alive and well. It’s a reason why people stay in the closet. They know their parents won’t accept them. It’s sad. You can’t choose what family you’re born into. Some people are just less fortunate than others.

• Heart 2

Omg is there so much drama in my family. 

I think I finally need to recap “the big blowout” TBB. Since most of my family drama is rooted in that event and it’s aftermath. 

Our family had kind of a matriarch. I’ll call her 100 since she was legit 100 years old (had certificate to prove it). She was super great and one of the few people in my family who didn’t attach strings to anything and was just genuinely supportive. The last thing she said to me was “they don’t see it but you work very hard and I’m so proud of you and happy I know you” Everyone loved 100, she was just fantastic. 

The day before she died me and my twin who lived together at the time had gotten into a huge argument about these birds. See some sicko was making tiny little nooses somehow and catching birds on our neighborhood and hanging them. I wanted to call the police and she wanted to just move. which didn’t make sense cause it was finals week. (It happened again in the same area cause some guy posted about it on Reddit asking if it ment anything) link—>

Anyway we compromised and called the landlord who reported it. But it left us really emotionally frazzled. I say this cause I think it was part of the reason the TBB happened at all. That and finals. There was a lot of stress already. 

the next day I open Facebook and see my cousin’s selfies with 100 and a big group family photo. I go aww that’s nice and click on it to comment a ❤️ Or something and the caption is “so glad we were able to say goodbye in her final moments”. 

This super upset me. A) who takes pictures with a d***g person? B) no one told me and now she was dead and I’d never be able to say goodbye. 

I got really mad and called my dad. I was very rude and asked him about the whole situation. My family has a really nasty habit of relying on the g****vine to pass info or invite people to anything. And my dad decided not to pass along the info about her being sick because he didn’t want to ruin finals for us. This is something my dad has done before, hiding deaths in the family so as not to ruin things. And all it does is prevent me from seeing people off. So I got madder and we fought. He thought I was being selfish and making it all about me. I thought my family’s bs had finally gone too far. Me and my dad fight really bad. So I’ve learned to sometimes pause it and walk away to cool off because if I’m not mature the entire time he will escalate to physical. 

so I put the phone down and went for a walk. 

I come back and my twin sister is on MY phone talking as me to my dad on speakerphone and I can hear him frothing at the mouth yelling that he’s getting in his car now and when he gets up there he’s gonna actually kick my a**. Like beat me to a pulp. And he’s done it before through my ch*ldhood so I took the threat serious. Me and my sis look the same, we sound the same. And so I get mad at her and go what the h**l? 

and she tells me I can’t handle any of my problems on my own because I’m inconsiderate so she was just doing it for me. I felt like it was a huge violation and that she’d done a way worse job of it since dad was coming to kick my a** not hers. And when I told her that she said that she was glad dad was coming to beat me up and that hopefully he’d kick me out of the apartment too because she had enjoyed the space away from me. (She had asked me not to stay in the apartment during the week before HER final a week before TBB so I slept in my car the whole week since the test was important to her and I didn’t want to fight) the last time she asked for space and I didn’t respect it she choked me until I passed out.

I paid equal rent on this place. It was my home too. You can’t just kick me out of somewhere I’m on the lease. But she just kept saying it wasn’t going to be my home anymore and I’d batter just leave now and grab what I could cause Dad probably was gonna end me anyway. So I screamed at her that it’s my home and I’m not leaving unless someone physically makes me. So she threw a mug between us, picked up a shard and said “okay” 

at that point I went full fight or flight and we fought. A really nasty fight where I got stabbed a few times and she didn’t come out looking good either. She ran away. And I just sat in the glass and cried, and basically just had a full mental break. That’s when the cops showed up and cuffed me and took me away.  Sis has called the police and said I just randomly started b**ting her so no reason. I was too out of it to explain but they saw the stabs on me and how I was acting and decided to take me to an institution instead of j*il. I stayed there for a few weeks in that state mental hospital. During which time I heard from a detective and a social worker. They informed me my lease had been broken on the apartment and that my family had taken my car. My sister was pressing charges unless I agreed to what is basically parole but with therapy and outpatient mental health. No one wanted to hear or gave a s***t about my side of the story. And if I say anything about it now they write it off as I’m nuts. 

So basically my parents disowned me until I “wasn’t crazy anymore” took everything I owned and left me in my boxers and tank top to be homeless and figure it out myself. That hospital is where I met the friend who helped me from my comment in the st*lker thread. 

It’s taken a lot of work on both ends to get to the point now where I pay them rent for a room and see them daily. And a lot of forgiveness. 

Cureent drama: my parents asked me to repair the relationship with my sister since it was “tearing the family in half” so I attempted. We got up the the point in emailing. But she upset me again and when I politely told her my feelings were hurt and why and a boundary I thought would help. She stated “emails are an special privilege I can revoke at any time if you continue to be inappropriate.” Me setting a boundary was what was considered inappropriate by her. So I gave up. I simply and politely said “then I would prefer if we ceased communication please” and I refuse to talk to her since. I went to a f**eral as the only time I have been in the same area as her since and she made a point to come over and tell me I ruin her life by existing when no one was looking Then play really friendly with my fiancé and ask him why I was being so rude to her as I avoided her the rest of the evening. 

So cousin is having big fancy wedding in October. Family super wants me and my sister to go and be there at the same time. I said I would try being civil but might leave if it’s too much for me. I also said I needed an actual invitation or I wasn’t going at all. Either through text or card or phone call or social media dm. Whatever was easiest for the bride and gr***. Because I got told about the wedding at the f**eral through the g****vine again, and I’m not doing that anymore. If they want me at an event they can tell me or invite me and actually make plans and respect other people’s time. Everyone thinks I am being selfish and “making it all about me” again for wanting a specific invite and being selfish for not being buddy buddy with my sister and cutting her some slack. I haven’t been rude. But these are my boundaries and I’m sticking to my guns. Give me an invite, and I’m allowed to state something upset me and ask for the solution. Period.

I’m not doing ab**e, disfunction, and lack of basic respect anymore. And if that makes me a Disney villain. Okay so be it.  I’m already being the bigger person here anyway. And everyone knows it. 

• Heart 1

I haven't had near as much family drama since my divorce and since I quit talking to my brother who has a bad habit of stirring up s;hit that starts fights with my mother who often sides with him. It's been a lot better since we stopped talking.