Jehovah’s Witness

Mr.Dawn

You ever get a knock on your door?

I have in the past from them. But now it seems Baptists and Methodists are doing door to door now. My ex wife couldn’t stand them. My mom hates them. She told me to put an American Flag in my yard because they’re against nationality.

I made a wise crack the other day. I went on the river with my girlfriend’s mom, her brother, and their friends. We started playing 1 truth and 2 lies. One lie was that I was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Everyone, their friends, backed away. But my girlfriend and her mom knew that it was a lie because they’re Atheists too. They knew I was a joking.

When I came out about the Jehovah’s Witness part being a lie. Their friends all laughed in relief and started talking about how warped JW’s are.

• Mod

It's been years, but two of them came by and I did let them come in I think 😬 I just didn't want to be rude and tell them to go. I even said I already believed in God but they still wanted to talk to me and I guess get me to join their Church. I didn't because I don't agree with a lot of things they believe in. I can understand why most people don't like them.

I've never had them come to my door that I can recall. Knowing me, I probably wouldn't answer the door if it wasn't someone I recognized. I've ignored people at my door before because I didn't know them. I look at everyone through the peephole before I answer the door. 

If by chance for some odd reason I did answer the door to one, then I would have no qualms about shutting the door in their face. I don't like visitors and I have no problem telling strangers to go away. I don't see it as being rude. My house, my time, my prerogative.

• Heart 1

Posted (edited)

@Onision  Do you get them often?

I want to get a sign that says "No Proselytizing." as I don't have a problem with solicitors. 

1aj10skin5e11.jpg

Door to door salesman are extremely rare. I used to get people from Hyla which was a vacuum sales company that go door to door selling Hyla products. They even had a store in town that went out of business. 

I live in a small town that has up to 20 churches scattered around. So REALLY it's most just religious people wanting to leave Biblical pamphlets on my door step or knock and want to proselytize that I have a problem with.  It's not just JW's doing it. The Baptists have gotten horrible about domineering their beliefs on people outside of the churches in town where I live. 

Edited by Terminated
  • Funny 1

I once asked a JW a question online once, and a week later a bunch of people turned up on my doorstep to discuss it. No idea how they got my info.... I don't know.... but it was wrong and pissed me off big time 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I once asked a JW a question online once, and a week later a bunch of people turned up on my doorstep to discuss it. No idea how they got my info.... I don't know.... but it was wrong and pissed me off big time 

What'd you do when they showed up?

6 minutes ago, Terminated said:

What'd you do when they showed up?

I told them I wasn't happy and I said if I wanted to learn more I'd look online, that I didn't want them turning up on my doorstep etc. 

I invite them in for food and water if they promise not to do the pitch. Half the time it’s poor brainwashed k***s trying to get their “mission” requirement out of the way. A lot of times they get dumped on the street with nothing and told not to come back until they meet a quota. It’s hazing and they are hungry and stressed out. 

5 hours ago, Ghostie said:

I invite them in for food and water if they promise not to do the pitch. Half the time it’s poor brainwashed k***s trying to get their “mission” requirement out of the way. A lot of times they get dumped on the street with nothing and told not to come back until they meet a quota. It’s hazing and they are hungry and stressed out. 

There was this girl in high school who liked me. It was well known to everyone that she was a dedicated JW. She was nice, don't get me wrong. She gave me a Jehovah Witness version of the Bible. She even paid me a visit once at my place of work. I started evading her at school, would turn her down on going out with her (she was sore about it), and I even quit talking to her. Her best quality is that she was a strong, confident & determined woman. Most g*rls don't even tell you what they want. 

2 minutes ago, Terminated said:

There was this girl in high school who liked me. It was well known to everyone that she was a dedicated JW. She was nice, don't get me wrong. She gave me a Jehovah Witness version of the Bible. She even paid me a visit once at my place of work. I started evading her at school, would turn her down on going out with her (she was sore about it), and I even quit talking to her. Her best quality is that she was a strong, confident & determined woman. Most g*rls don't even tell you what they want. 

She sounds sweet. She was trying to be kind but in a misguided way

Just now, Ghostie said:

She sounds sweet. She was trying to be kind but in a misguided way

Absolutely. I heavily suspected that the kind of relationship she was looking for was one based on her religion. And I've told plenty of religious g*rls beforehand who wanted to date me that I was an Atheist and that I didn't believe in the existence of gods. They lied and said that was okay. I've had 2 long lasting relationships. One woman that I was with for almost 4 months and that ended because she decided she wanted someone who shared the same set of beliefs. My marriage ended over a whole pile of issues that went unresolved. Since my divorce, I've sworn off religious women. I'll keep them as acquaintances or friends. But I won't go into a relationship with them. Because that worked out so well before. 

48 minutes ago, Terminated said:

Absolutely. I heavily suspected that the kind of relationship she was looking for was one based on her religion. And I've told plenty of religious g*rls beforehand who wanted to date me that I was an Atheist and that I didn't believe in the existence of gods. They lied and said that was okay. I've had 2 long lasting relationships. One woman that I was with for almost 4 months and that ended because she decided she wanted someone who shared the same set of beliefs. My marriage ended over a whole pile of issues that went unresolved. Since my divorce, I've sworn off religious women. I'll keep them as acquaintances or friends. But I won't go into a relationship with them. Because that worked out so well before. 

Yes I have a few friends who are religious who fall into the trap of “maybe our relationship can save them” and that’s just not how functioning relationships work. You need to love someone for them as they are. Not perceived potential. 

• Heart 1