Do you really care what others think about you?

Ann

Do you care what others think about you? Would you change som*thing you liked/wanted to do just to please judgemental people in your life? How much do other people's opinions effect you and your choices? Or are you totally true to yourself? 

Judge Judy GIF

• Heart 3

• Mod

As I've gotten older, I could care less what people think of me. If someone doesn't like me for whatever reason, I would just be like whatever and not care. I wouldn't change anything about myself to please others either. 

• Heart 3

This is a tough question.

I do not care what people think per say, as I have no filter and literally wear my heart on my sleeve wherever I go,.... this is why for me it is still somewhat important to care what people think.... sometimes... *unless it is negative stray far away from negative energy* because it leaves that little bit of room for that humbleness. For me anyway, and this is important to me. 

Do I care what people think? It’s a question that could be answered in different ways depending on how you are thinking about the question.

To answer those follow up questions:

I only change for myself. No one else.

If people can’t accept me for me, peace

People don’t affect me or my choices, I affect me and have full control.

Am I true to myself? 100% as I made a vow to never lie to myself ever again.

• Heart 2

Should I care? No. Intellectually do I know it’s stupid to care? Yes.

Do I care? Oh yeah. So much yes

im hypersensitive. It’s not so much an ego thing as I don’t feel comfortable unless literally everyone else is. So If one person is off it’s like a big danger sign screaming at me. This is why I avoid Twitter. Everyone is always upset there and it physically hurts me. I can’t stand people being hurt and double so if somehow I’m the cause. 

33139A6F-6017-43B6-99C7-BC81E3B3953E.jpeg

• Heart 3

People are going to either like or dislike you one way or another. It's not worth worrying about it because "some" people have petty and stupid reasons for not liking others. I had enemies way back from when I was in high school.  I spent 11 years in a marriage where my in-laws disliked me for whatever reasons. I didn't care. I put up with it. I have co-workers that don't like me. I still don't care. They're irrelevant to me. 

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 2
  • Star 1

• Elites
Posted (edited)

I don’t care what people think or say of me mostly. Complete strangers or friends I’ll go full weirdo mode. I do get nervous around the type of strangers that you often run into or have to share a space with only because they don’t even try to hide their nasty judgmental stares.. My small town is blonde soccer moms that run 10x’s a day seemily have their whole lives together. Sorry I prefer my colored hair over 100$ leggings 

Edited by Leaf_
  • Heart 1

Yes, I do.

7 minutes ago, summerlusk said:

Yes, I do.

I don’t know why there’s a time limit on editing, but I can’t edit anymore and I have something to add: I don’t understand how people don’t care.  Especially if it’s like a family member or a friend. Honestly, I think everyone cares what certain people think of them. I’m pretty sure everyone cares about what their SO thinks, at the very least.

• Heart 2

I think the answer to this is yes and no. When I find out someone doesn't like me for whatever reason, am I a little miffed about it? Sure. Do I dwell on it? No. I might investigate as to the reasons why if I care about having the person in my life at all. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding I can correct, or they misinterpreted something I did or said. 

Family members and close friends I definitely care about what they think. That doesn't mean that I'm going to change who I am if I think their reasons are unfounded or complete nonsense. But I'm also not going to ignore a problem someone may have with me. I may be in the wrong and need to stop and self-examine. If I conclude that I'm at fault, then I try to fix it. If I conclude that they're just being judgemental then I will attempt to explain my point of view and maybe point out that they're being judgemental and that it doesn't make me feel good. I'm all about communicating so that there's no misunderstanding or assumptions being made. If there is no reception on their end, then I shrug it off and conclude that their problem with me is not something I should worry about and we'll just have to agree to disagree. And my personal respect and care for that person's opinion will drop.

Complete strangers I care to a very limited certain extent. I want to make a good first impression. I want people to like me. But if they don't, then it's no big deal to me because they're not important to me either way.

I don't really believe people when they say they don't care. That would mean you feel absolutely nothing - not anger, not annoyance, no frustration- NOTHING. And if you feel nothing, then you just might have a little bit of psychopath, sociopath, or antisocial personality di*ord*r in you. 

Edited by OldGreqq
  • Star 1

I care if I’m fond of you but I won’t change myself to make someone happy. I will however, take note of criticism and boundaries as far as my behavior but I’m not about to lie to impress anyone or change myself drastically to cope. I care about people and what they feel, yes- doesn’t mean I’ll agree or be able to make everyone happy. Mom taught me the best thing “you can’t please everyone so you have to please yourself” Though I’ll listen to your opinion if we’re close depending on how rude it is. Will I comply ? Probably not 😂 I’ll try to acknowledge you at the least, if I care. That’s all I can offer 💫