Would you value intelligence/personality over physical looks?

Ann

Art Party GIF by Libby VanderPloeg

I know most of us have a "type" or preferences when it comes to dating people, or being att**cted to them. But here's a question:

If you really connected with someone, totally got on with them on a really deep level and had this amazing bond, would you consider dating them if they didn't look like your idea of att**ctive? 

• Star 1

Someone has to have an att**ctive personality if their looks are not there. What I mean is, in a practical sense, when you are being romantic with them, how could you be att**cted to them unless they have a fire inside, one that compensates for appearances?

A lot of times, attitude is pretty much everything. So if someone unatt**ctive has the right attitude, they can accomplish a lot. Just the same, if someone really att**ctive has a bad attitude, things would likely go south for them, and suddenly, their significant other isn't so interested, regardless of how att**ctive they are.

• Heart 2

This is gonna sound harsh.
You can clean a dirty person

you can put makeup on a plain person

and you can surgically correct the ugliest features. 

you can’t fix a bad person inside. 

plus we all are gonna look like is eventually anyway, so in the end it comes down to being pleasant to be around

472DFDE8-7A11-41DD-8369-F57DBE2EE4E5.jpeg

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

I'm good 😳😂

I try to keep my standards reasonable. Not too high and not too low.

But I will admit, I have pursued women that I didn't have a snow balls chance in h**l of getting with.

But well, if there's anything I've truly learned. You don't know until you try. 

The trick is to not care whether they say yes or no.

• Heart 1

• Elites

Almost everyone I’ve dated wasn’t my “preferred type” but I found something att**ctive in them beyond looks then their looks grew on me more. Some people could say some were u**y but the personality I saw is what most of the time seals the deal and I obviously didn’t think they were u**y. When I have gone for my type (alt grunge) they were total airheads but god damn were they physically beautiful. 

Yeah...I feel like people are more att**ctive to me based on their personality. I don't believe I've ever been more about physical features, even though, yeah I do like certain things, it wouldn't be a negative mark just because they don't have specific colored eyes or something. I have a curiosity towards people.

When I find somebody sweet, smart, who likes to keep their life fresh, with a helpful heart, & awesome stories about their own experiences. Just mix that into being a bit of a wallflower, that's a wow...ideas may be different than mine and that's really cool, gives you more to talk about and connect other ideas to. All of that makes me go into awkward shut up mode 😂 ...and talking about that makes me feel a bit 😕 (oh sad memories...) but it's alright! 

When they take care of themselves it's an extra bonus. I like to see people do the best they can. 💕

Wow. That was a lot of stuff. 🤔 Anyway balance is always nice, but if I had to choose that's the way I'd go, and usually go. I'm just a bit more shut off now, but enjoy friendships 🌟

Walt Disney Animation Studios Thumbs Up GIF by Disney

I am a very personality based person. Looks are really just accessories for me. 
for example, if you’re smart, funny, love to do adventures, be supportive of my ventures,  and will eat the snacks I make, I’m sold! 10/10 am happy. 

Looks will fade, the person and who they are will not. 

river stream GIF

• Star 1

16 minutes ago, LadyDaigona said:

I am a very personality based person. Looks are really just accessories for me. 
for example, if you’re smart, funny, love to do adventures, be supportive of my ventures,  and will eat the snacks I make, I’m sold! 10/10 am happy. 

Looks will fade, the person and who they are will not. 

So if this guy had the qualities you just described. You'd be into him?

5ebeb3109c9d4.image.jpg?resize=480,600

I'm human, so of course I notice att**ctive people first. As of others have said though, it's not all about looks...to an extent. I've dated people based on personality alone after I got to know them. A great personality can make a person more att**ctive. They weren't exactly knockouts but they weren't unatt**ctive either. I dunno, maybe it's mean, but if I have a hard time looking at someone and finding them att**ctive even if they do have a great personality, then it's probably never going to work out.

1 minute ago, Terminated said:

So if this guy had the qualities you just described. You'd be into him?

5ebeb3109c9d4.image.jpg?resize=480,600

amanda seyfried raise hand GIF

That's a mugshot! (I'm being Captain Obvious 😂) I don't know what he did, but depending, most people may or may not give another chance to this person. I feel like...I would try to better his life though, though I can't if it's d related, or ab**ive. (I made a promise to myself to not be around people like that years ago, you know the details, Terminated.) I don't want to...well...okay. It could be skin issues, or he could've been picking at his face because of substances. 😕 wow. I feel weird.