What Foods Did You Grow Out Of? (got sick of em!)

What are foods that you used to like/love, but you ate it so many times over and over again that you got sick of it (not off) and don’t even like it or ever want it anymore? I used to like sugary soda when I was a k*d and drink it all the time, now it doesn’t even taste good to me and it’s like YUCK to me. I think that’s because I stopped drinking it though and it’s been so long since I had it that I don’t even like it anymore? Not sure exactly why.

• Star 1

10 hours ago, Onision said:

Hmm... I guess I used to eat Skittles a lot, now not so much...

Basically anything unhealthy is kinda a no no now.

Food Mood GIF by Guava Juice

Are you extremely strict then? Do you not allow yourself treat days? I mean, in video & pics you look really good and always healthy so just wondering. 

• Star 1

Pork. j**ish tradition was right. It’s totally unclean. Once I learned the amount of critters that live in there and how hard it is to cook them out, I was just like…nah I’m good. 

Fish are easy to raise and easy to cook. So that’s my protein now. 

• Star 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Mine was sodas too. Yikes with the sugar. Now I'm full on with hot tea and water. It's weird, anytime anybody offered me soda, after stopping, and I took a sip, I had a case of the hiccups, and would drink tap water if I had to. 😂

sips tea GIF by Gwen Stefani

I used to love it. I stopped and when I finally took a sip again, I was like ew. It tasted so gr*ss to me. 

Edited by summerlusk
  • Star 1

12 minutes ago, MysticDawn said:

Chilli, Stew, Roast....🤢

My mom was a single parent raising 3 k***s on her own....let's say I ate a lot of reheated left overs. I tip my hat to my momma tho, us k***s turned out alright. Thanks Ma! 💜

You just reminded me of another one. Baked potato. My mom used to microwave huge potatoes and then cut them in half and mash it all down flat on a plate and then cover it in cheese and microwave it again. We used to have that at least once a week. I know it was just a way to make a quick meal at the end of the day, but I got to the point where I was sick of it and just couldn't eat it anymore. I would just skip dinner on baked potato nights. 

I still can't eat baked potatoes cooked that specific way to this day. I usually choose mashed potatoes over baked ones when at a restaurant for that specific reason.

My mother was also the leftover queen. She would make a couple huge meals a week and then have leftovers of it the rest of the time...and then the guaranteed baked potato meal every week too.

• Star 1

2 hours ago, OldGreqq said:

You just reminded me of another one. Baked potato. My mom used to microwave huge potatoes and then cut them in half and mash it all down flat on a plate and then cover it in cheese and microwave it again. We used to have that at least once a week. I know it was just a way to make a quick meal at the end of the day, but I got to the point where I was sick of it and just couldn't eat it anymore. I would just skip dinner on baked potato nights. 

I still can't eat baked potatoes cooked that specific way to this day. I usually choose mashed potatoes over baked ones when at a restaurant for that specific reason.

My mother was also the leftover queen. She would make a couple huge meals a week and then have leftovers of it the rest of the time...and then the guaranteed baked potato meal every week too.

Oh I love me some baked potato but it's gotta have all the goodies like butter, sour cream, chives, etc.

Sorry you got the burn out on them tho. I know some people gotta think I'm nuts to pass up a nice hearty bowl of chili. It's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes 😉

• Star 1

• Elites

Never really been into cake i tolerated it growing up, now I definitely won’t go near it. I literally have to fight off people at birthday parties bc I won’t eat a freakin piece of cake. They act like I kicked someone’s cat when I say no thanks 😭 

• Star 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Leaf_ said:

Never really been into cake i tolerated it growing up, now I definitely won’t go near it. I literally have to fight off people at birthday parties bc I won’t eat a freakin piece of cake. They act like I kicked someone’s cat when I say no thanks 😭 

This! 😂 I don’t like cake and I never have. They’re like “really? are you sure? at least have a little bit! who doesn’t like cake?!” 

• Star 2

• Elites
19 hours ago, summerlusk said:

This! 😂 I don’t like cake and I never have. They’re like “really? are you sure? at least have a little bit! who doesn’t like cake?!” 

It’s like they try to sell you d***s 

come onn just have a little bit it’s funnnn 💀 

• Star 1