Did the covid pandemic have an effect on your mental health?

Ann

Just curious to see if the whole Covid pandemic had a personal effect on your mental health? Did it make you anxious or worried? Did it make you feel wary of going outside and being among people? Or were you chilled about it all?

sick i love lucy GIF

• Star 1

51 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

Well, I lost family members in 2020, so yes. Not from COVID though.. I lost my great grandma (she was over 100) and I lost my grandma who was terminally ill.

I'm sorry you lost loved ones. Must've been tough. 

• Heart 1

No, COVID itself didn't worry me or affect my mental health. The only way it affected me was at work because they cut 75% of our work force. That's what added to my stress and anxiety and not COVID itself. 

I'm a homebody anyway so it didn't affect my personal life at all. 

• Heart 1

• Mod

I was pretty chill about it. I think working during the pandemic was what was hard on me. I worked in an assisted living facility, you know where old people live, and we had to wear masks for 8 hours a day. Sometimes we would have to wear face shields over our masks during those 8 hours and other times we would have to put on PPE gowns every time we entered someone's room who was sick on top of wearing that other stuff. I understand we had to be very cautious but it was a lot to deal with. I hated my job anyway so I was already stressed and depressed and dealing with the pandemic made things worse. I ended up catching Covid by the end of the year and I was actually glad because I didn't have to be at work 😆 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Anna Chandler said:

The year was hard. Had miscarry I mentioned in another thread, multiple layoffs and just an all around bad time. So idk if it was COVID but 2020 wasn’t great 

I'm so sorry...the first mention I'm speaking about in therapy...its a hard thing to even speak about for me, i am hit with way too many emotions to even verbalize everything correctly... but that's just me though.. all of what you mentioned is a lot...I'm so sorry Anna ❤😔

I live in a place where the majority of people don't listen, nor cares. I've been a reliable person to people in need, that they and I worry about their health and do understand. These people have autoimmune di*ord*rs taking immunosuppressant meds. So...when it comes to them needing som*thing, I take all precautions necessary & beyond to get what they need. If a place didn't have curbside, delivery, or drive thru I have to walk in, so that made me even more anxious because it's adults who walk around maskless because "freedom", get up close to you because "freedom".

So I had to speak up from time to time, which I've been blasted with insults that stem from political things. I know people who constantly go to church, ditch the mask and remain in close contact with others, they believe it won't touch them, but it did with a few I know. So I get to hear about how this one person's lungs won't ever be the same...

It definitely made my anxiety worse...personally, I'm used to being with friends and having fun, creating things. That was part of my own therapy. So I do very little to none of that anymore. 😕 But I do have my reasons. & if I see a friend, they are understanding of the rules because they're an actual friend. 💕🌟

1 hour ago, brittniisundae said:

I'm so sorry...the first mention I'm speaking about in therapy...its a hard thing to even speak about for me, i am hit with way too many emotions to even verbalize everything correctly... but that's just me though.. all of what you mentioned is a lot...I'm so sorry Anna ❤😔

I live in a place where the majority of people don't listen, nor cares. I've been a reliable person to people in need, that they and I worry about their health and do understand. These people have autoimmune di*ord*rs taking immunosuppressant meds. So...when it comes to them needing som*thing, I take all precautions necessary & beyond to get what they need. If a place didn't have curbside, delivery, or drive thru I have to walk in, so that made me even more anxious because it's adults who walk around maskless because "freedom", get up close to you because "freedom".

So I had to speak up from time to time, which I've been blasted with insults that stem from political things. I know people who constantly go to church, ditch the mask and remain in close contact with others, they believe it won't touch them, but it did with a few I know. So I get to hear about how this one person's lungs won't ever be the same...

It definitely made my anxiety worse...personally, I'm used to being with friends and having fun, creating things. That was part of my own therapy. So I do very little to none of that anymore. 😕 But I do have my reasons. & if I see a friend, they are understanding of the rules because they're an actual friend. 💕🌟

I’m so sorry people have been like that to you. Anti mask people are just the worst. It’s mildly inconvenient to wear a mask at most. 

Edited by Anna Chandler
  • Star 1

11 minutes ago, Anna Chandler said:

I’m so sorry people have been like that to you. Anti mask people are just the worst. It’s mildly inconvenient to wear a mask at most. 

So true. I mean I dont mind wearing a mask but would like not to too, but during a worldwide pandemic (these people who have made their insults think otherwise 🤦‍♀️) I'd rather not be responsible for hurting others, by irresponsible m*thods. 💕 so I guess they can call me all the names in the world. 

• Heart 2