Criticisms of your generation

• Mod

Older people say that millennials just expect things to be given to them without having to work for it. My dad tells me that whenever I don't have a job and don't look hard enough for one. He doesn't say it in a mean way though. He just acts like I think I don't have to work and expect things to be handed to me and that is not true. I know that's not how things work. 

• Star 2

I've lost a lot of people to the d epidemic. I understand the world of it. It's scary to me, and it hit way too close to home. There's more to it, I understand...the professional pushers... just various things. 

Most of them who are alive, have young ones & they live with their grandparents... that's one thing. That's why one day I'm considering adopting, as I have no young ones, and I don't do anything like that. To give one a better life when they don't have one is on my goal list.  No, I'm not saying I'm better than these people, its just that lifestyle changes you...& It’s pretty heartbreaking. 

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

Older people say that millennials just expect things to be given to them without having to work for it. My dad tells me that whenever I don't have a job and don't look hard enough for one. He doesn't say it in a mean way though. He just acts like I think I don't have to work and expect things to be handed to me and that is not true. I know that's not how things work. 

Also a millennial here. It annoys me when boomers make assumptions about us that aren’t true.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I guess it's because most people of my generation are still teens but Gen Z really think they're the best generation when we also have flaws. Most of us can be outspoken and accepting but we're also quite selfish and crave attention

I’m pretty sure every generation has that problem. Older generations try to act like they had the best life because of so and so. Thinking about it, I really don’t think there is gonna be a generation who doesn’t think they are superior

I'm considered both a Millennial and a Xennial. A Xennial is basically just like a Millennial, but they remember what life was like before the explosion of the internet, cell phones, and social media.

My biggest criticism of my generation is basically their lack of thinking for themselves anymore and the way we are letting the world become even more divided. There seems to be a growing trend towards believing everything portrayed at face value. No one questions anything and accepts everything they are fed online and on social media. They believe everything the media portrays when all of it is completely biased. People are so quick to draw a line in the sand and say choose a side. The growing divide between the haves and the have-nots is growing larger and larger, Republicans vs Democrats, racial tensions, gender tensions, etc, etc. The sad thing is that people and society in general are doing it on purpose. They try to drive a wedge and create division among people if it furthers a certain desired outcome. People don't even realize they're being manipulated and lied to.

All I can say is people should do their own research. They should look at issues from every angle and not just the one they support. More often than not, they will find that there are biases, lies, things left out or taken out of context on all sides. People should question it all and come to their own conclusions. 

• Heart 1