What did you do today?

Sadly, my kitten passed unexpectedly on the 29th of October. I was and still am crushed. All of a sudden I get flooded with people asking, well more so, demanding a list of things for me to do. Yes, I like to help, yes I will do so if I can.

However, I have been in no mood as of recently. It may sound cold hearted to say, but even though I still pushed on, I just felt like I needed time to myself. So, I had this feeling of NOT wanting to help anyone at the time (but still trying to do so), I'm heartbroken, overwhelmed and agitated. I don't feel like myself at all.

So, I decided to ask a what I thought to be a question that would be answered with "tips" on how to manage my situation. Well, the topic ended up with people fighting with each other over advice to give me. Not what I expected. So, instead of hopping into being a mediator, as I would do - I just blew it off.Β 

& so ends that chapter of the week, and 2 days. πŸ˜•

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Sadly, my kitten passed unexpectedly on the 29th of October. I was and still am crushed. All of a sudden I get flooded with people asking, well more so, demanding a list of things for me to do. Yes, I like to help, yes I will do so if I can.

However, I have been in no mood as of recently. It may sound cold hearted to say, but even though I still pushed on, I just felt like I needed time to myself. So, I had this feeling of NOT wanting to help anyone at the time (but still trying to do so), I'm heartbroken, overwhelmed and agitated. I don't feel like myself at all.

So, I decided to ask a what I thought to be a question that would be answered with "tips" on how to manage my situation. Well, the topic ended up with people fighting with each other over advice to give me. Not what I expected. So, instead of hopping into being a mediator, as I would do - I just blew it off.Β 

Aww no! So very sorry to hear about your kitten πŸ’ that must be awful for you.

There's only so much of your energy you can give to other people, taking time for yourself is by no means selfish, it's a necessity. Sounds like you've had a tough week, it s ucks that the people you asked for advice responded like that.Β 

Sending love and positive energy πŸ’

• Star 1

9 hours ago, ZombiesAteCharley said:

Aww no! So very sorry to hear about your kitten πŸ’ that must be awful for you.

There's only so much of your energy you can give to other people, taking time for yourself is by no means selfish, it's a necessity. Sounds like you've had a tough week, it s ucks that the people you asked for advice responded like that.Β 

Sending love and positive energy πŸ’

You're a sweetie, dear. I appreciate that so very much. πŸ’”πŸŒΉπŸ˜₯

I'm really going to put the effort into self healing. I just tend to fall on my face over and over again when I try, major work needs done on that. πŸ˜• so I need to continue challenging myself. Positively speaking, only room for improvement & putting in that effort. πŸ’• Hugs to you, my friend. πŸ’•

2 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

Went to get my Covid vaccine booster shot earlier along with my flu shot. I didn't get my flu shot last year. Then I went out for dinner.

How's the booster treating you so far? I read where people say it feels more like the second shot in regards to side effects but that was to be expected. πŸ’•

• Heart 1

• Mod
12 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

How's the booster treating you so far? I read where people say it feels more like the second shot in regards to side effects but that was to be expected. πŸ’•

I feel fine but my arms are starting to feel sore. I hope I don't feel worse tomorrow because the last two times I got the vaccine, I felt awful the next day.

• Star 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:44 AM, brittniisundae said:

It sounds like it went from you "helping" people to becoming a door matt. How about we say "f'uck them" and do what Britni wants with her life instead.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:44 AM, brittniisundae said:

I am sorry for your loss. I am not giving any advice. You know what to do.Β 

• Star 1

23 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

It sounds like it went from you "helping" people to becoming a door matt. How about we say "f'uck them" and do what Britni wants with her life instead.

I am sorry for your loss. I am not giving any advice. You know what to do.Β 

I know. πŸ˜• It's definitely not a good feeling. I just need to work hard with this, put all my effort in, and seperate specific types of things. "urgency", yes important. It's messed with me for far too long, and yes I do put a lot of blame on myself. But, as you said. I do know. πŸ’• Thank you so much for everything.Β 

• Mod

Got up, went to get something for lunch, took a shower, and then went out to dinner for a family member's birthday. Afterwards I had to stop by the store and when I got back home I got in my pajamas and watched a few YouTube videos. Now I'm just sitting here tired but don't want to go to bed yet lol

I got set up with my new support worker! I got diagnosed w lvl 2 autism at 17 (I'm now 18) and I waited over a year to gain access to a worker and also an occupational therapist so it was really exciting. She seemed so cool as well, young, tattooed, rlly Into art and music!! It's rare I find a worker who I actually have things in common with ahhh:3!

• Elites

Woke up, got yelled at, got dressed.Β 

Got in my car, got my Starbucks, got to my office.Β 

Sat down- made a campaign, sent out the campaign, accessed more budgets, and trained a new girl entirely in Spanish.Β 

Today was a tough one. Yes I’m trilingualΒ 

WAITING TO GO HOME