What are your feelings towards misogyny?

What are your feelings towards misogyny both personally and religiously? 

(P.S. I'm not a Christian) But I think it's very very degrading religion to women aka b**ting them and marital r*a*pe. 

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. - 1 Timothy 2:11-14

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. - Ephesians 5:22-24

The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. - 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. - 1 Peter 3:7

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. - 1 Timothy 2:12 

It also states you have to marry your violator. 

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days." - Deuteronomy 22:28-29

“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride price for virgins." - Exodus 22:16-17

I don't see why ANY woman would want to partake in his religion. It's very degrading. I don't even want my own daughter having anything to do with this. 

The religious fanatics who wrote the Bible apparently did not respect the values of women. 

• Heart 1

Ask women to make up their minds on this subject. Women act like being a pushover male is awful and flock to men who are aggressive/domineering/condescending.

I can't keep up with the mind games.

• Heart 1

I find it completely unacceptable, religion or not. 

When with a women or liking a women, you respect them and get to know them. When it gets to ***y time you ask for consent and get a straight answer like " Yes " not: idk, sure, maybe, idc.

• Star 1

It's wrong. Plain and simple. The problem with the Bible is it's open to interpretation, so what it means to one may not be recognised by another. Subjectivity is an issue.

Misogyny has always been ubiquitous; and the internet has merely amplified tensions and negative ideologies that already existed in society.

Everyone is outraged by disrespect for women, but disrespect a man?

GROW A PAIR! BOO HOO! WOW WHAT A PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A MAN!!!

Who cares right? Oh that's fine.

Can we all just agree, both men and women are complete jokes and need to stop taking themselves so seriously?

If we can't agree on that, not sure what there is to say. Karen.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

7 minutes ago, Onision said:

Can we all just agree, both men and women are complete jokes and need to stop taking themselves so seriously?

Humans are just s***tty to each other, regardless of gender or religious backgrounds. 

Edited by Ann

5 minutes ago, Onision said:

I'm an egalitarian. I believe everyone should be treated equally. Unfortunately, that isn't about to happen any time soon.

Men who cry/show their feelings should be appreciated for doing so. I much prefer that to a tough guy who pretends he isn't impacted by anything that goes on around him.

• Star 1

• Mod

Obviously those verses in the Bible were written in a different time and from what I understand, the Bible has been misinterpreted through the years. I'm a Christian but that doesn't mean I still have to follow outdated laws. Can you imagine if people still did what those verses say? 😬 Anyway, I just believe everyone should be treated equally.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Any kind of hatred towards a *** as a whole, no matter what *** that is, is bad. ***ism, ******, xenophobia, transphobia, h*mophobia.. it’s all bad. It’s really that simple. If you hate someone for being a bad person or hurting others, that’s different. It’s wrong to hate an entire race or *** and make stereotypical assumptions about a group as a whole because there are bad apples in every ***, race, etc.

Edited by paperandsky

I think it’s kind of pointless and no one gets much benefit out of it. What’s the point in forcing men and women to mask emotions until it becomes an issue? And it’s kind of lazy. You should be confronting every person as an individual and grouping people up so your brain doesn’t have to do as much work is kind of a cop out. 

• Elites

This is a tricky subject to respond to bc there’s so many points that could be hit from op. I’ll try to tackle misogyny first.. to anyone that thinks they should be allowed authority over anyone is flat out wrong. We are all humans, we blaze through life with a blindfold on, we all were born from a woman and we all d*e. To think you have more worth over someone simply bc you can lift big rock is laughable. 
We all came out a nutsack so to think we’re special over anyone is mental illness at its finest.

We are all flesh beings and to think one human is different from another based on the presentation of cells on a body is flat out wrong.

I am tired of this mass labeling on groups of people but with that said ima be a hypocrite and say

we are all s***t in our own ways 😀

On 8/2/2021 at 11:19 PM, Leaf_ said:

This is a tricky subject to respond to bc there’s so many points that could be hit from op. I’ll try to tackle misogyny first.. to anyone that thinks they should be allowed authority over anyone is flat out wrong. We are all humans, we blaze through life with a blindfold on, we all were born from a woman and we all d*e. To think you have more worth over someone simply bc you can lift big rock is laughable. 
We all came out a nutsack so to think we’re special over anyone is mental illness at its finest.

We are all flesh beings and to think one human is different from another based on the presentation of cells on a body is flat out wrong.

I am tired of this mass labeling on groups of people but with that said ima be a hypocrite and say

we are all s***t in our own ways 😀

Agreed.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, Kaitlind said:

Obviously those verses in the Bible were written in a different time and from what I understand, the Bible has been misinterpreted through the years. I'm a Christian but that doesn't mean I still have to follow outdated laws. Can you imagine if people still did what those verses say? 😬 Anyway, I just believe everyone should be treated equally.

Misinterpretation is one thing. But when people say “it was a different time” what do they mean? IMO, it was just as wrong back then as it is now. Being a different time doesn’t time doesn’t mean it was okay in that time, just as it isn’t now. I’m not saying that’s what you’re saying, I just don’t know what people mean when they say that though.

*different time doesn’t mean it was okay

• Star 1

• Mod
2 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Agreed.

Misinterpretation is one thing. But when people say “it was a different time” what do they mean? IMO, it was just as wrong back then as it is now. Being a different time doesn’t time doesn’t mean it was okay in that time, just as it isn’t now. I’m not saying that’s what you’re saying, I just don’t know what people mean when they say that though.

*different time doesn’t mean it was okay

Oh yeah I agree. I didn't mean to sound like that made it ok because it doesn't. I meant that just because someone's a Christian doesn't mean they're ok with everything that's in the Bible, like what was posted above in this topic. I was just pointing out that that's the way things were back then. Again, it doesn't make it right.

• Star 1

13 hours ago, summerlusk said:

Misinterpretation is one thing.

When a Christian or a Christian of another denomination says "Oh, you're just misinterpreting it." that is denial talking. The scripture has stated over and over as I put in the starting post that the Biblical God endorses the oppression and mistreatment of women. How many quotes from the scripture does that particular person need before it kicks them in the a'ss that that is what it ACTUALLY means? Like the old saying goes "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." Those are the words of various men & unknown authors that made this religion for their own propaganda and agendas, not a deity or an imaginary prophet and his boy scouts club. 

That is misogyny clear as day and yes, Christianity supports it. That is clearly evident in their user manual. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

Of course there are misogynist parts in the Bible and Quran.. those were written during times women were second class citizens.

It's actually only in recent history it's considered normal men and women should be seen as equal. In Western nations at least.

In the US there still seem to be issues with hysterical feminists and hysterical men movements like MGTOW.

We don't have much of such silliness in Belgium, seriously, I've never met a woman here who called herself a feminist.

But well, you Americans have the habbit to make just about everything more dramatic than it needs to be.

40 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

Of course there are misogynist parts in the Bible and Quran.. those were written during times women were second class citizens.

The only religions that respects women is Taoism, Sikhism, & Jainism. All of the other religions oppress women and have done so since they were written. 

44 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

It's actually only in recent history it's considered normal men and women should be seen as equal. In Western nations at least.

Yes. But apparently religions such as Christianity and Islam make our fellow men "feel" superior to women and it encourages domestic violence. 

45 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

In the US there still seem to be issues with hysterical feminists and hysterical men movements like MGTOW. We don't have much of such silliness in Belgium, seriously, I've never met a woman here who called herself a feminist.

There's always dumb sh'it like that floating around the US. I never saw the point in gender wars. I'm glad that's scarce where you live. Women in my country are afraid to be in relationships because a lot of men are domestically violent and it's getting worse. 

47 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

But well, you Americans have the habit to make just about everything more dramatic than it needs to be.

Not to mention most people in the states are easily offended over every little thing. No one here was taught how to tolerate stress because they're easily butt hurt and that's aggravating to deal with from people like that. 

15 hours ago, Kaitlind said:

Again, it doesn't make it right.

No it does not and there needs to be far stricter laws on domestic ab**e. It's gotten so far out of hand. Something needed to be done a long time ago about it. Because I gotta tell ya. It's the highest it's ever been. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

The only religions that respects women is Taoism, Sikhism, & Jainism. All of the other religions oppress women and have done so since they were written. 

Yes. But apparently religions such as Christianity and Islam make our fellow men "feel" superior to women and it encourages domestic violence. 

There's always dumb sh'it like that floating around the US. I never saw the point in gender wars. I'm glad that's scarce where you live. Women in my country are afraid to be in relationships because a lot of men are domestically violent and it's getting worse. 

Not to mention most people in the states are easily offended over every little thing. No one here was taught how to tolerate stress because they're easily butt hurt and that's aggravating to deal with from people like that. 

No it does not and there needs to be far stricter laws on domestic ab**e. It's gotten so far out of hand. Something needed to be done a long time ago about it. Because I gotta tell ya. It's the highest it's ever been. 

To be fair, not all misogynists are religious. I’m not saying religion is or is not still the root of tox*c masculinity though. I’m not sure exactly where it comes from and if religion is solely responsible. I do understand that the Bible promoted to in that scripture/text you quoted. Same with Islam. Extremists in Afghanistan obviously treat women even worse, it’s absolutely horrific how women are treated over there.

Edited by summerlusk
  • Star 1

2 hours ago, summerlusk said:

To be fair, not all misogynists are religious. I’m not saying religion is or is not still the root of tox*c masculinity though.

While it may not be the root cause. It's one of those psychological constructs that aggs specific problems like these on & on.  Christianity puts out there that "Well, God allowed it in the old and new testament, and Jesus enforced it, she has to obey me and do what I want. So I'll just slap her around until she becomes more cooperative."

And for a man who grew up with Christian VALUES does not mean he would make a good husband as some women have been lead to believe by mommy and daddy. A man's Christianity allows him to discipline his wife aka beat the living sh'it out of her and that is not OKAY. Period. 

This religion was written by men who viewed women as objects and lesser creatures back then. Not written by the apostles and not fictional characters that are believed to  exist. 

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. - Ephesians 5:22-24

Oh they just couldn't stop there could they?

It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman (Proverbs 21:19 ESV)

You gotta love this one. 

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones (Proverbs 12:4 ESV)

Hebrews states that you can beat your wife. But Christian men today would be like "well....". Oh that's fine if they don't admit it. They'll just do it behind closed doors and lie about it. Perfectly okay for you to worship an imaginary deity that endorses a man kicking the sh'it out of you. 

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. - Hebrews 12:11

Yeah cause this is just a great way to fix a relationship. I'll tell ya. Just beat her up real good when she says something you don't like. Bust her lip, leave her something to remember you by. That'll fix her. 

And so train the young women to love their husbands and ch*ldren, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. - Titus 2:4-5

Yeah, I'm done with this bullsh'it religion. If I were a deity and I created mankind. I wouldn't allow this crap. 

And I'm not accusing every Christian out there that they are guilty of this. But I also don't think they have any right to cherry pick at this religion & play both sides of the fence because these are their Patron Deities RULES. You either are or you are not. I think if you are of a religion. You should follow it as it comes and not be a hypocrite about it and be like "Well, I don't really agree with that......"

But the imaginary deity that you worship said that it's okay for this or that & what does that tell you then?

When you have to stop and question your religion's rules. That means there's something wrong with that religion because there is. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

• Elites
On 8/2/2021 at 12:57 PM, Admin said:

Ask women to make up their minds on this subject. Women act like being a pushover male is awful and flock to men who are aggressive/domineering/condescending.

D’ying. Yet I agree. 🤣

But yes, as a woman, I do not appreciate misogyny. 

Edited by bones
  • Star 1

37 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

While it may not be the root cause. It's one of those psychological constructs that aggs specific problems like these on & on.  Christianity puts out there that "Well, God allowed it in the old and new testament, and Jesus enforced it, she has to obey me and do what I want. So I'll just slap her around until she becomes more cooperative."

And for a man who grew up with Christian VALUES does not mean he would make a good husband as some women have been lead to believe by mommy and daddy. A man's Christianity allows him to discipline his wife aka beat the living sh'it out of her and that is not OKAY. Period. 

This religion was written by men who viewed women as objects and lesser creatures back then. Not written by the apostles and not fictional characters that are believed to  exist. 

Oh they just couldn't stop there could they?

You gotta love this one. 

Hebrews states that you can beat your wife. But Christian men today would be like "well....". Oh that's fine if they don't admit it. They'll just do it behind closed doors and lie about it. Perfectly okay for you to worship an imaginary deity that endorses a man kicking the sh'it out of you. 

Yeah cause this is just a great way to fix a relationship. I'll tell ya. Just beat her up real good when she says something you don't like. Bust her lip, leave her something to remember you by. That'll fix her. 

Yeah, I'm done with this bullsh'it religion. If I were a deity and I created mankind. I wouldn't allow this crap. 

And I'm not accusing every Christian out there that they are guilty of this. But I also don't think they have any right to cherry pick at this religion & play both sides of the fence because these are their Patron Deities RULES. You either are or you are not. I think if you are of a religion. You should follow it as it comes and not be a hypocrite about it and be like "Well, I don't really agree with that......"

But the imaginary deity that you worship said that it's okay for this or that & what does that tell you then?

When you have to stop and question your religion's rules. That means there's something wrong with that religion because there is. 

TBH, I don’t really care what someone believes if they aren’t hurting anyone or advocating for things that are clearly wrong. It may not make sense because of what is in the Bible, but if they are for equal rights, gay marriage, etc., why should I care what they believe? The majority of the US is pro-LGBT+ rights (EXCEPT when it comes to transgender people and that’s another story) unlike in the past. I mean, I’d rather them be a hypocrite if it means not following those rules. The fundamentalists are the ones people should worry about. I get that religion is the reason they exist in the first place though.

• Star 1

22 hours ago, summerlusk said:

TBH, I don’t really care what someone believes if they aren’t hurting anyone or advocating for things that are clearly wrong. It may not make sense because of what is in the Bible, but if they are for equal rights, gay marriage, etc., why should I care what they believe? 

The Bible is against equal rights for women and the LGBT. According to the Old Testament, God doesn't like gay men and women seeing as he ki**ed them. The Biblical God even endorses slavery, genocide, torture, and the m**der of ch*ldren. At least the Ancient Greeks openly admitted that their God's were a'ssholes. Christians will never admit it. To them their "God" will always be perfect and all "good". 🙄

Hey, did you know that God m**dered 42 ch*ldren in a horrific fashion just because they mocked a bald man. 

2 Kings 2 

2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little ch*ldren out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two ch*ldren of them.

Religion is a major cause of unhappiness. Once I realized I was an atheist, I did not choose to become an Atheist,  it was like this massive weight of fear and unhappiness disappeared. My life greatly improved. I do not blame an invisible being for my mistakes.

Edited by Mr.Dawn