"You know what really grinds my gears?"

Admin

This is the topic where you just post about som*thing that upsets you... sound fun? Good!

What really upsets me is... when people try to educate others on topics they know nothing about... but they act like they do know... like listening to a religious person talk about the science behind Noah's arc... WHAT!?

peter griffin family GIF

• Star 3

• Mod

When people are rude for no reason such as when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you and saying hello to people you know but they don't say it back. Like excuse me for being nice lol

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

What grinds my gears?

A few things, but mainly when someone talks over me when in discussion, also another is pretty much anyone who is part of the heavy handed cancel culture mob...seeing them going off at people. Self righteous idiots. 

• Star 1

The number one thing that aggravates me is when religious and superstitious people talk about their beliefs as if they were fact without providing strong and undeniable evidence to back up their bold claims.

• Star 1

45 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

When I get a notification and it's not from who I wanted it to be lol

disappointed lea michele GIF

Curious. Since you're a moderator. How many notifications do you get here on a daily basis?

• Mod
12 minutes ago, t*rminated said:

Curious. Since you're a moderator. How many notifications do you get here on a daily basis?

2 or 3. Sometimes a little more lol. That's just me though. Idk about the other mods.

It's cool we're all different, but there comes a time with that difference where agreeing to disagree is just nice... what good is it going to do to keep hammering the same nail...

Oh, this specific thing...

P08755778883.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

2 or 3. Sometimes a little more lol. That's just me though. Idk about the other mods.

Same, also a little more depending on the topics/days. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Closed-mindedness, narrow mindedness, intolerant obstinate bigoted attitudes, people who stereotype people without really knowing them, people who always have to be right and think that anyone else with a different opinion is wrong, people who jump all over others because they have an opinion different from their own. 

fe177407fce4b306fe8311f4e260e894.thumb.jpg.efde1b1b0e193dc4e13fb43684f650b3.jpg

Edited by OldGreqq
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

The experience of watching a certain someone admitting to horrible crimes against Onision with an evil smile on their face was highly triggering for me.

I don’t want to be filled up with hatred but when you witness that level of smug a***ole, it’s really hard to control your feelings.

Just awful.

• Star 1

• Elites

When someone says som*thing rude and laughs, says oh stop I was just kidding. Just bc you laugh and label it a joke, if you’re the only one laughing you’re not funny you’re an a**.
Coming from someone with a group of friends who push limits on what to joke about and be sarcastic asf, just own it. Always some truth to “a joke” and you can just tell if it was a simple joke gone bad or someone being bad trying to cover it up as a joke.

• Star 1

5 hours ago, Keaton Astro said:

The experience of watching a certain someone admitting to horrible crimes against Onision with an evil smile on their face was highly triggering for me.

I don’t want to be filled up with hatred but when you witness that level of smug a***ole, it’s really hard to control your feelings.

Just awful.

Hey man, when people tell you who they are, you gotta believe them - that's one of the biggest issues here. It was all public, they admitted what they did, and didn't care, almost no one did - it's the chosen reality, rather than the default, unbiased truth.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

13 hours ago, Onision said:

Hey man, when people tell you who they are, you gotta believe them - that's one of the biggest issues here. It was all public, they admitted what they did, and didn't care, almost no one did - it's the chosen reality, rather than the default, unbiased truth.

Hey, I’m female btw, my username is misleading because I took note of the forum banner and decided I wanted to be Keaton Astro. Fun.

It seems like there’s no relationship to the narrative anymore. People like to create their own interpretations of history. A complete distortion of events, like it’s no big deal.

Look up -> Holocaust denial.

That, to me, is a crime.

• Star 1

2 hours ago, Keaton Astro said:

Hey, I’m female btw, my username is misleading because I took note of the forum banner and decided I wanted to be Keaton Astro. Fun.

It seems like there’s no relationship to the narrative anymore. People like to create their own interpretations of history. A complete distortion of events, like it’s no big deal.

Look up -> Holocaust denial.

That, to me, is a crime.

I say dude, man etc to pretty much everyone 😋

1 hour ago, paperandsky said:

When people LEAP to conclusions and make assumptions about you because of one thing you said. Especially if they know nothing or barely anything about you.

I believe that's also called making asśumptions. And you know what they say about people that asśume things... that it winds up making an asś out of you and me.

• Star 1

People who cannot think for the themselves/who have zero critical thinking skills/sheeple. That's what I like about this place; people actually have some sense and integrity not to just jump on the "let’s berate Onision" train.

• Star 1

26 minutes ago, Ghost said:

People who cannot think for the themselves/who have zero critical thinking skills/sheeple. That's what I like about this place; people actually have some sense and integrity not to just jump on the "let’s berate Onision" train.

Just the social media a**acks on anyone at this point... I've learned the hard way how ridiculous I and others have behaved in the past - so many of us play a part in judging strangers involving situations we know little of... more compassion and less extremism would be nice, in most all ways/all contexts.

• Star 2

• Elites

Close minded people grind my gears. When people believe that there is a one-size-fits-all approach to everything in life. Like if you don't do things their way, then you are doing it wrong. I feel that if people can meet the same goals in different ways without hurting others, then so be it. Who cares how you got here as long as you are here. 

• Star 1

On 8/14/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ghostie said:

People who don’t listen. 

Exactly. Early in our relationship. There was this guy that was h'arassing my girlfriend for s'ex. They used to be friends. Anyways, she told him no. He didn't like that answer. He kept on and on until I talked to him. He definitely didn't like the solution that I offered him. 

Lets just say d'eath threats involving a .45 Ruger goes a long way. He hasn't talk to nor has he h'arassed her since. And yes, I wasn't lying or bluffing. I would have shot him in the face. You don't mess with another man's woman. It's not good for your health. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

3 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Exactly. Early in our relationship. There was this guy that was h'arassing my girlfriend for s'ex. They used to be friends. Anyways, she told him no. He didn't like that answer. He kept on and on until I talked to him. He definitely didn't like the solution that I offered him. 

It never ceases to amaze me how entitled some people are. Especially when it comes to se*.