Do you think you have any unhealthy attachments/or addictions?

Ann

Do you think you have any unhealthy attachments or addictions in your life, if so what? And does it bother you? Or worry you? Or is it not a big enough deal to make a "thing" of? 

I'd say my unhealthy "go-to" is stress eating. Thankfully I'm fit & healthy and it doesn't happen a lot, but I am occasionally guilty of stress eating. Sort of like, "I'm stressed. Pass me the chocolate." 

• Star 1

I dont do this anymore, but my thing was going to the moon and back for people I fell in love with, and they in return showed me that they didn't love me back, and show me in unhealthy ways. Could I do this, that, and everything in between to help them? Facing the truth that... no they didn't want me, or my help, love. They had to want that...not just me. 

Here's an example. 

00998uuG.jpg.f619fbd24b23ec4ea447ea6274614e22.jpg

I wouldn't be here right now if I didn't leave them the day before this happened. I was given the message that they were lucky to survive the accident in which they were speeding and nodding off, anybody else in the vehicle (usually me...all the time) would have not survived. 

I worry about falling for people, because I "love to hard" (not my words, but I suppose it's true). That feels unhealthy to me, and it is. I'm determined to just love myself, now though. 

So...always love yourself, all...💕 & if som*thing is terribly wrong in your relationship this badly, please get away from it...

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I dont do this anymore, but my thing was going to the moon and back for people I fell in love with, and they in return showed me that they didn't love me back, and show me in unhealthy ways. Could I do this, that, and everything in between to help them? Facing the truth that... no they didn't want me, or my help, love. They had to want that...not just me. 

Here's an example. 

00998uuG.jpg.f619fbd24b23ec4ea447ea6274614e22.jpg

I wouldn't be here right now if I didn't leave them the day before this happened. I was given the message that they were lucky to survive the accident in which they were speeding and nodding off, anybody else in the vehicle (usually me...all the time) would have not survived. 

I worry about falling for people, because I "love to hard" (not my words, but I suppose it's true). That feels unhealthy to me, and it is. I'm determined to just love myself, now though. 

So...always love yourself, all...💕 & if som*thing is terribly wrong in your relationship this badly, please get away from it...

Wow, I'm so glad you weren't part of that awful accident. Looks scary. I know what you mean about "loving hard" though. I've been a bit like that before. I can't often do half-measures etc 

• Star 1

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wow, I'm so glad you weren't part of that awful accident. Looks scary. I know what you mean about "loving hard" though. I've been a bit like that before. I can't often do half-measures etc 

Thank you...it was awful. I was being called because my ex wanted to see me. Even the "new girl" was bugging me... I felt cruel for saying no... maybe I was cruel. But they always had that manipulation technique, and they knew I'd fall for it...this accident would've boosted it..at least that's how I was feeling. I just wanted it to end. I'm glad they survived...but they didnt need me. 

That accident is often a dark shadow that passes through my mind. I constantly want to give. I do it for friends, I do it for family, but doing it for myself was and still can be difficult. I know I'll be okay if I'm ever "alone" for good. Balance, trust, understanding & healthy love is where it's at I believe. But it's okay if you never find it. You have you & those around you who are genuine caring beings. 

It's just a scary thought, it's haunting, but it happened. I'm still here... I've learned a lot & I'm thankful. I just worry, because I never want to be "there" ever again. 🤗 hugs to you 💕

• Heart 3

7 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

Thank you...it was awful. I was being called because my ex wanted to see me. Even the "new girl" was bugging me... I felt cruel for saying no... maybe I was cruel. But they always had that manipulation technique, and they knew I'd fall for it...this accident would've boosted it..at least that's how I was feeling. I just wanted it to end. I'm glad they survived...but they didnt need me. 

That accident is often a dark shadow that passes through my mind. I constantly want to give. I do it for friends, I do it for family, but doing it for myself was and still can be difficult. I know I'll be okay if I'm ever "alone" for good. Balance, trust, understanding & healthy love is where it's at I believe. But it's okay if you never find it. You have you & those around you who are genuine caring beings. 

It's just a scary thought, it's haunting, but it happened. I'm still here... I've learned a lot & I'm thankful. I just worry, because I never want to be "there" ever again. 🤗 hugs to you 💕

I probably drink too much coffee. I get a headache if I don't have it in the morning, which means that I'm addicted to the caffeine in it. Other caffeinated drinks don't seem to have same effect. Meaning if I drink tea instead which also has caffeine, I still get a headache until I have my coffee. I'm not worried about it too much though. 

I'm also addicted to my vape, and before that it was cigarettes. I've weaned myself down to the lowest nicotine level but I use it A LOT. I'm worried I'll never be able to give up the oral fixation. It worries me, but obviously it hasn't worried me enough to give it up completely. 

This forum? I guess? I use this forum a lot... I spent most the day trying to find a better layout to use than the current one and couldn't find anything... sheesh.

I love upgrading stuff, making stuff look cooler than it currently does, that's pretty addicting.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

This forum? I guess? I use this forum a lot... I spent most the day trying to find a better layout to use than the current one and couldn't find anything... sheesh.

I love upgrading stuff, making stuff look cooler than it currently does, that's pretty addicting.

It is a great site & community. So much better than social media. It was a good idea to create a place like this, I hope more and more people will migrate from places like twitter because those sites screw with people's mental wellbeing. 

4 hours ago, Ann said:

It is a great site & community. So much better than social media. It was a good idea to create a place like this, I hope more and more people will migrate from places like twitter because those sites screw with people's mental wellbeing. 

Better to be addicted to this forum than so many other things so I'm grateful.

• Heart 2

Codependency? 

but also I’m 3 years sober recovering lolimage.gif.42fdf31fc7a486089bc0f0559a23e42c.gif

4 hours ago, PoptartBarbie said:

Umm ..... let's see. Sugar free Rockstars I realllllly need to just stop but I love them. 

Working. Because if I'm not "at work" I'm trying to get my illustrations done , or editing photos for insta , or trying to make tiktoks. Or just trying to grow socials.  Which at first was fun but slowly turning into work. Also all the games I love are usually management Sims,  which literally simulate work. -_-

It s*cks how  one feels that you have to monetize all your hobbies nowadays orz

Edited by Anna Chandler
  • Heart 1

I was a;ddicted to p;orn & attention from other women for a while. 

It didn't solve my problems. It just gave temporary relief to it.

I was single & that was hard to cope with, I was depressed, I was alone. Those things were a coping mechanism to keep me from a deep depression.

Ultimately, the inevitable happened and I had to deal with those feelings. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn