An Argument?

• Mod

Well I feel that people can't change each other's minds most of the time, so it's kind of pointless to argue with them. I just let them have their opinion. It is important for both of us to be heard, but I usually don't say much if I disagree with someone because I don't want to start an argument.

I think it's a mixture, but being heard is a big thing to most people. Being shouted over, spoken over, ignored etc is really a very frustrating thing and probably leads to more arguments etc 

• Star 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, Kaitlind said:

Well I feel that people can't change each other's minds most of the time, so it's kind of pointless to argue with them. I just let them have their opinion. It is important for both of us to be heard, but I usually don't say much if I disagree with someone because I don't want to start an argument.

Yeah, but people try to argue with me if I say som*thing they disagree with. So sometimes it’s the other person starting an argument because you said som*thing they disagree with. I’ll say som*thing and they’ll go “well, you’re wrong” instead of just agreeing to disagree they just have to tell me I’m wrong.

Edited by paperandsky
  • Star 1

• Mod
41 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

Yeah, but people try to argue with me if I say som*thing they disagree with. So sometimes it’s the other person starting an argument because you said som*thing they disagree with. I’ll say som*thing and they’ll go “well, you’re wrong” instead of just agreeing to disagree they just have to tell me I’m wrong.

Exactly and when that happens it's best to not go much further because some people can get really defensive 

• Star 1