What inspired you to go vegetarian/vegan?

Ann

To those who don't eat meat:

What inspired you to drop meat from your diet? 

I haven't eaten meat since I was 11 (in my 30s now). What started it was seeing a documentary about animals in abattoirs and it totally f***** me up. Went home from school and told my parents, "I can't eat meat, ever again." And here I am today. 

• Heart 1

• Mod

I became a vegetarian back in 2014 and it was for the same reason of seeing slaughterhouse documentaries. I think I cried at one of them or almost did. I even tried going vegan once but that didn't last long. Throughout the years I would go back and forth between being a vegetarian and a pescatarian. Unfortunately I went back to eating chicken last year and I still eat fish. I just have this problem where I'm picky and get tired of everything I eat quickly. I don't even like to cook and that's an important thing to do when you're a vegetarian.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

A few years ago, I went vegetarian. There were even some stages where I went completely vegan. I cut out meat and some dairy because I watched a lot of Onision's videos surrounding the topic. I confirmed and agreed with his rationale after doing some research of my own about some of the tragic affects that meat consumption can have on your health, the environment, and the sick treatment that animals go through because of our own selfishness. He also pointed out how there is technically no reason why most people can't go vegetarian, and I saw the logic in that too. The pros out weighed the cons of this lifestyle, and so I decided to give it a try. Once I did, I felt so much better. I felt lighter, more energetic, and more confident. I even lost some weight from it, which was a nice benefit. 

Now I maintain a more omnivorous diet, consuming small servings of fish and poultry. I still feel great as I once did, although I am considering going vegetarian again. 

Vegan Vegetables GIF by Dinner Twist

Edited by Schatzi

• Elites

I’ve never felt right eating animals. I almost never ate it growing up bc it just didn’t feel right to me. I realized vegetarianism was a thing and pondered if I could actually go all the way with it. About three years ago I finally did after watching some documentaries on slaughter houses and nutrition and researching lots of recipes. I get teased for it a lot irl but it doesn’t bother me too much.

• Mod

Actually started on it for diet reasons but the more I learned about how the meat industry works.. I just stayed this way.. XD

James, definitely inspired it a lot, but I ate too much junk-food at the time, so I gave it a try, and have been a vegetarian for about 3 years now!~

hungry vampire GIF