How Is your week going?

It took me a few days to decompress from this past weekend. Started feeling human again by Wednesday. I spent A few days fishing, camping and playing music at a festival on the Shenandoah River. Had a blast but looking forward to some cooler weather here on the East coast. I know the West coast has been brutal this year too.. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great week.. Almost Friday again! 

Edited by blueyedgrl469
  • Star 1

This week for me has been alright I’ve been working all week and it’s been steady cuz of the county fair. But tomorrow is payday I’m gonna get myself som*thing nice a new game or outfit I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 😁

• Heart 1

My week has been going not so great, but not absolutely h*rrible either. It is what it is. 🤷

I was on vacation last week, so I knew work would be backed up when I came back. It was and then some. I've been working 11 hour days and not making a dent because more work is coming in than we can put out. My subordinates are on mando OT of 10 hours days 5 days a week, and an 8 hour weekend day every other weekend. You can just see the exhaustion in their faces every day. And I have no way to make them feel better. No carrot to dangle in front of them or light at the end of the tunnel to offer them, because I know it's not going to get any better any time soon.

Job security right? But that doesn't help with the stress of everyone coming and asking where's this, where's that, when's this going to be done. And I don't have an answer for them because we have about 2 weeks worth of backlog right now already and it just keeps coming.

Sorry for the rant, but this is my life right now. I just tell myself to persevere and do the best I can do. It doesn't hurt that I'm making bank right now either.

• Star 1