ever met up with an online friend before?

I've met up with plenty of online friends, some experiences good and some experiences bad! im about to hang out with an online friend ive met a bunch of times irl before tomorrow, and it got me curious, have any of you done the same? (i don't want an opinion on what I'm doing lol, but thanks for being concerned! i am just wondering if any of you have met online friends, and how did it go? was it bad? was it good? talk about it!)

• Elites

I have met a lot of people from online. A long time ago MSN use to have chat rooms and at the time I lived in VA Beach, there was a VA Beach chat room and we all use to meet up at clubs on the strip. It was cool meeting up and hanging out. I still keep in touch with most of them to this day. I have met more people from online since then, not all experiences have been good. Some people were not who they said they were, so it’s always a gamble. I’ve also been catfished twice, those were the worst experience because I did actually end up meeting one of them in person. The thing with catfish is that if your relationship starts out with a lie, you will most likely find out that the person will continue to lie and it’s just not worth it. Always make sure the person can and will get on cam with you. 

• Star 1

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

I've met up with plenty of online friends, some experiences good and some experiences bad! im about to hang out with an online friend ive met a bunch of times irl before tomorrow, and it got me curious, have any of you done the same? (i don't want an opinion on what I'm doing lol, but thanks for being concerned! i am just wondering if any of you have met online friends, and how did it go? was it bad? was it good? talk about it!)

every time i’ve tried it’s gone pretty well! i just wait until i trust them enough to meet up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I have before, but not recently. I've had good and bad experiences. It's always a gamble when it comes to people and relationships, friendship or otherwise. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you're better friends online than you are IRL. 

• Heart 1

• Elites

Quite a few! and they were all from the middle east/north africa too. i made friends with so many arab gamers and met some later on once in california once in morocco. arabs are kinda hilarous to game espc if u can understand some arabic