Have you ever had sleep paralysis?

Kaitlind

• Moderators

If you've had a sleep paralysis experience, post it below.

I have once and it happened after I was having a weird dream. I woke up but couldn't move and then I felt something press down on the edge of the bed right beside me. My eyes were still closed too and I kept trying to move. Eventually I was able to move and fully woke up. It was scary 😳

• Administrator

I mean, I woke up... and felt too scared to move before... multiple times. Not sure about never actually being able to move though. Weird experience... glad they're rare.

scared halloween GIF by Justin Gammon

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Onision said:

I mean, I woke up... and felt too scared to move before... multiple times. Not sure about never actually being able to move though. Weird experience... glad they're rare.

scared halloween GIF by Justin Gammon

Yeah I've also woken up being too scared to move after a nightmare, but not being able to move is definitely a weird and scary experience.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Sid not vicious said:

Yes it was very freaky my mind was fully awake but my body wasn't it took a considerable amount of effort to move I also felt a presence  in the room with me dont know if it was a ghost or being in a half dream state either way very creepy 😢

I'm always afraid I'll have sleep paralysis again and see something scary. It's just in our minds though.

• Moderators

Being aware yet not able to move or speak is terrifying. I've had it a few times. One more weird experience (not sure if it's related to paralysis event) is when I'll wake up from a dream in my bed, then that's a dream, I wake up from that, it's a dream - it cycles about 6 times and it too is terrifying because it's so real, until something off happens or you look in the mirror or try to write something and it's distorted. I hate when that happens. 😬

35 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

Being aware yet not able to move or speak is terrifying. I've had it a few times. One more weird experience (not sure if it's related to paralysis event) is when I'll wake up from a dream in my bed, then that's a dream, I wake up from that, it's a dream - it cycles about 6 times and it too is terrifying because it's so real, until something off happens or you look in the mirror or try to write something and it's distorted. I hate when that happens. 😬

That is so dony darko stuff 😲

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

That's so strange! 

I experienced this every so often and it's not the best feeling. This usually happens to me when im half awake, when I try to get up I feel like I'm being force down on my bed and also I can't  move my whole body like the top of head down to the bottom of my feet . One time long ago it was really bad, I wanted to scream to get my mom's attention because the force was strong but I couldn't talk and after I got out it I told my mom what I experienced 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Minty said:

I experienced this every so often and it's not the best feeling. This usually happens to me when im half awake, when I try to get up I feel like I'm being force down on my bed and also I can't  move my whole body like the top of head down to the bottom of my feet . One time long ago it was really bad, I wanted to scream to get my mom's attention because the force was strong but I couldn't talk and after I got out it I told my mom what I experienced 

That sounds horrible 😦

2 minutes ago, heyitskaitlind said:

That sounds horrible 😦

It calm down so I'm happy about that,  I just really hate the feeling of it 

• Moderators

It did happen to me one time in high school had a very Vivid dream about an ex they were speaking through social media on my computer screen everything in my room was black and white but I couldn't get up to actually reply to the computer... was a really creepy dream

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, mcfly said:

It did happen to me one time in high school had a very Vivid dream about an ex they were speaking through social media on my computer screen everything in my room was black and white but I couldn't get up to actually reply to the computer... was a really creepy dream

Sounds creepy lol

• Moderators

This is one of my biggest fears, I hope I never experience it. The fact that things like the Hat Man exist where thousands of people see the same entities during sleep paralysis freaks me out

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sierra said:

This is one of my biggest fears, I hope I never experience it. The fact that things like the Hat Man exist where thousands of people see the same entities during sleep paralysis freaks me out

Eww I never heard of that!

I have insomnia pretty bad so I’ll get sleep paralysis if it’s been a rough week. It sucks and honestly doesn’t even freak me out anymore because I know my body is asleep and not my brain. 
But I did go through a phase of watching a YouTube channel called exotics lair and was interested in his tarantulas.

I’m stupid scared of spiders so sometimes I would like have sleep paralysis and open my eyes to a big ass spider on one of my walls and freak out.

And then be like look for it with a shoe and be like...

wait

I dreamt of that.

And go back to bed 😅

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I have insomnia pretty bad so I’ll get sleep paralysis if it’s been a rough week. It sucks and honestly doesn’t even freak me out anymore because I know my body is asleep and not my brain. 
But I did go through a phase of watching a YouTube channel called exotics lair and was interested in his tarantulas.

I’m stupid scared of spiders so sometimes I would like have sleep paralysis and open my eyes to a big ass spider on one of my walls and freak out.

And then be like look for it with a shoe and be like...

wait

I dreamt of that.

And go back to bed 😅

Haha I would freak out too! Sometimes I'll wake up right when I fall asleep and see things that aren't really there. One time I saw a spider run across my pillow and got up quickly to look for it, but couldn't find it. I figured it was my imagination 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Such a horrible feeling, I feel like I'm awake but I can't move or even breathe. They started for me when I was 9 when I was put into a care home. I think the sleep paralysis kept happening because of stress. 

I had a very weird dream too, the last thing I remember in the dream is it zoomed in on a person's face (pretty sure it was Clementine from TWD lol) and everything went red. When I woke up, I could only move my eyes, I tried to scream but it wasn't working. I tried my hardest to wiggle my fingers, but they weren't budging at all.

There was a dark, hooded figure in the corner of my room (grim reaper type figure i guess) and it started walking towards me, the scariest **** in my ****ing life.

Eventually I could move again but it took so much effort. Every time I tried to go back to sleep I could feel myself slipping back into paralysis. I had to sleep in another room and it was fine after I switched rooms... which creeps me tf out. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Roo_The_Otaku said:

Such a horrible feeling, I feel like I'm awake but I can't move or even breathe. They started for me when I was 9 when I was put into a care home. I think the sleep paralysis kept happening because of stress. 

Yeah I heard stress is a big cause of it.

2 hours ago, Lottiee_2001 said:

I had a very weird dream too, the last thing I remember in the dream is it zoomed in on a person's face (pretty sure it was Clementine from TWD lol) and everything went red. When I woke up, I could only move my eyes, I tried to scream but it wasn't working. I tried my hardest to wiggle my fingers, but they weren't budging at all.

There was a dark, hooded figure in the corner of my room (grim reaper type figure i guess) and it started walking towards me, the scariest **** in my ****ing life.

Eventually I could move again but it took so much effort. Every time I tried to go back to sleep I could feel myself slipping back into paralysis. I had to sleep in another room and it was fine after I switched rooms... which creeps me tf out. 

Terrifying!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
On 6/8/2021 at 5:18 AM, Lottiee_2001 said:

You doing ok? You going to pull through? Ha... ugh, sorry that happened to you.

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

On 7/8/2021 at 5:13 PM, Onision said:

You doing ok? You going to pull through? Ha... ugh, sorry that happened to you.

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

Yes I'm all good now 🤣 I just know that i should never fall asleep on my back... I actually think that I fell asleep while reading that night, guess my imagination was running wild lol