Religion of Onision Forum Members... What Is Yours?

Curious to know if you have any spiritual beliefs/subscribe to any kind of belief system?

For me, I lean towards believing there is more to this world than just the physical/material. 

I've also had some completely creepy things happen which felt unexplainable. 

I'm definitely open minded. 

Edited by Ann
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1

3 hours ago, Onision said:

I'm Agnostic, which basically means I see the thousands of religions and I say "Maybe"
Lana Del Rey Yes GIF

I think saying "maybe" is so much more reasonable than atheism. Atheism is far too final, leaves no room for possibility. And we have such a tiny,  tiny awareness of everything in the grand scheme of things. We can never know anything for certain on this side of the curtain, imo

• Star 1

I just try to be good to the environment around me. Do what I can for the people around me, be good to the randoms. Show kindness to animals. 

If any higher being(s) even care about this then I'm fine with that. 

If I end up in another life, ok. If I end up in darkness or light, ok. If I end up on a space ship, ok. If I end up in a forever sleep, ok. 

Don't know what religion that is close to, but...I'm not worried about it. 

• Heart 3
  • Star 1

I believe in G.O.D= Good Orderly Direction. Whatever you believe in...or don't believe in...what ever church...one attends...if it makes one HAPPY and betters their lives...then its G.O.D....Im so happy everyones beliefs differ...how boring life would be if everyone thought and believed the same way....YAWNS

• Elites

I'm Christian, and not to be r/notliketheotherchristians, but I usually dislike being around other Christians.

Mainly because *most* Christians I meet are like my mom... My mom actually told me that listening to anything besides Christian music was a sin... She very literally told me that it was equally as bad as m**der. Why is that you may ask? Well, because music is for worship and if the music is not to God, well then you are worshipping som*thing other than God and BAM to h**l you go.

• Star 1

• Elites
14 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

I just try to be good to the environment around me. Do what I can for the people around me, be good to the randoms. Show kindness to animals. 

If any higher being(s) even care about this then I'm fine with that. 

If I end up in another life, ok. If I end up in darkness or light, ok. If I end up on a space ship, ok. If I end up in a forever sleep, ok. 

Don't know what religion that is close to, but...I'm not worried about it. 

I am exactly the same! 

• Star 1

9 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

I just think som*thing probably exist, just unsure what. , kind of like onision. Those things could be true but who knows for sure ? 

There's a quote. 

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

Per the traditional aphorism, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", positive evidence of this kind is distinct from a lack of evidence or ignorance[1] of that which should have been found already, had it existed.

The difference between evidence that som*thing is absent (e.g., an observation that suggests there were no dragons here today) and simple absence of evidence (e.g., no careful research has been done) can be nuanced. Indeed, scientists will often debate whether an experiment's result should be considered evidence of absence, or if it remains absence of evidence. The debate regards whether the experiment would have detected the phenomenon of interest if it were there.[3]

The argument from ignorance for "absence of evidence" is not necessarily fallacious, for example, that a potentially life-saving new drug poses no long-term health risk unless proved otherwise. On the other hand, were such an argument to rely imprudently on the lack of research to promote its conclusion, it would be considered an informal fallacy whereas the former can be a persuasive way to shift the burden of proof in an argument or debate.[4] Carl Sagan criticized such "impatience with ambiguity" with cosmologist Martin Rees' maxim, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

carlsagan1-2x.jpg

And then we have the Black Swan Fallacy. 

The black swan fallacy is the tendency of people to ignore evidence that contradicts their beliefs and assumptions. This fallacy can also refer to the tendency to believe that things they've never witnessed don't exist.

Article: https://www.shortform.com/blog/black-swan-fallacy/#:~:text=The black swan fallacy is,never witnessed don't exist.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_swan_theory

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 1

I don’t like the word religion and I’m tolerant of everyone, unless you try to push a thought or concept onto me. I went to a Catholic school and I became a Buddhist there 😂 later on I discovered Hinduism. I gravitate towards that I suppose, but I am a little different because I have many pagan friends and those who believe in Satan too. I can relate to many concepts they believe in. I have clear morals and I’m very spiritual but I’ve had many bad experiences with religious people in my life, that’s understandable I think. I don’t claim anything but I do love my Hari Krishnas (ppl like George Harrison) 

ted-ed animation GIF

It's weird anyone has any religion at this point... humans have been wrong pretty much every time considering there are thousands of religions, so why act like you know anything? The millions of other people were confident too... they were wrong ~

Now science, that's cool.

• Star 3

15 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

I'm allowing myself to put this here. 😂

I found these pretty funny. XD

polytheism-why-have-just-one-imaginary-f

the-family-the-prays-together-is-brainwa

the-bible-sharing-fake-news-long-before-

Here's why Churches should be taxed and not treated as a non profit organizations by the US. That money is being flushed down the toilet. They're not helping anyone other than presenting the illusion that they are. 

instead-of-building-mega-churches-how-ab

• Star 1

Take science more seriously but would say I'm agnostic rather than atheist because there's so much we don't know yet. Change one little thing in the cosmological constants (laws of nature) and life wouldn't be possible in the universe. So it looks like this universe is precisely fine-tuned to make life possible, which would suggest there is a fine-tuner. If there would be something like a God it would be so beyond our monkey brains we can't even begin to imagine what it would be like.

33 minutes ago, Danny Van Hecke said:

So it looks like this universe is precisely fine-tuned to make life possible, which would suggest there is a fine-tuner. 

Are you speaking hypothetically or are you making an unevidenced claim?

No one knows whether the universe was created or if it's always been there. Argumentum ad Populum, Creationism is a religious & supernatural concept. I don't believe  it unless otherwise there is evidence to back that up. The Big Bang Theory is a "theory" that has never been proven. There is no evidence supporting that it is true. 

If there would be something like a God it would be so beyond our monkey brains we can't even begin to imagine what it would be like.

Hypothetically yes. If a deity existed, It wouldn't be up to par with mankind's expectations. 

Take science more seriously but would say I'm agnostic rather than atheist because there's so much we don't know yet.

Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic Theist? 

I am an Agnostic Atheist. 

The agnostic Atheist says, I have no reason to believe the claim “god exists.” They, deities may or may not, but until some convincing evidence is given, I have no good reason to believe in "GOD claims".

A Gnostic Atheist would assert, “I know there are no GODS.” Which is nearly as hard to evidence as the claim that a God exists.

The Agnostic Christian is simply a Christian who has no idea if a god exists or not but chooses to believe anyway. Thus "Pascals Wager". 

The Gnostic Christian is a Christian who would assert, "I know God exists" which is hard to find evidence to back up their claims that their god exists. 

This of course can be applied to every religion in the world. 

Examples - Gnostic Hinduist, Gnostic Muslim, Gnostic Shinto, etc etc. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

You ever notice how if you don't share the same beliefs as another person online, suddenly, for a lot of people, it is now their mission to pick apart your beliefs?

Been there, done that, accomplished little. Lol.

• Star 3

3 hours ago, Onision said:

Been there, done that, accomplished little. Lol.

Like Homer Simpson? lol 🤣

46 minutes ago, bones said:

Confirmed Roman Catholic. 

My father grew up Catholic. Then changed to Presbyterian. My mother felt that I needed religion in my life. She was in between being Baptist & Methodist churches around town. So she made me go to church, read the bible, and all of that jazz. I found it to be very unrealistic and boring, so I'd fall asleep in the pew. When I was 18, I happily announced my Atheism. She didn't take it very well. I honestly don't know how long I was an Atheist unofficially but I can tell you that I never took Christianity seriously after I read scripture from the Bible at the age of 11.

47 minutes ago, bones said:

Definitely question many things. 

That's good. What are some of those many things?

51 minutes ago, bones said:

Not definite on much

lol same. 

5 hours ago, Onision said:

You ever notice how if you don't share the same beliefs as another person online, suddenly, for a lot of people, it is now their mission to pick apart your beliefs?

As Jesus once said “sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get caught having se* with sheep”.

c76d98eb4ff72e83bd2da505779e699b257050c9

1 hour ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Jesus once said “sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you get caught having se* with sheep”.

He also said “The iPhone 13 is all hype. I’m sticking with the earlier model.” - Jesus Christ, 2021 AD

• Funny 1

18 minutes ago, Onision said:

He also said “The iPhone 13 is all hype. I’m sticking with the earlier model.” - Jesus Christ, 2021 AD

Really? damn, that would be goofy as h'ell. I'm having Micky Mouse and Thor over for dinner tonight.

Thor is a mighty friend and Micky Mouse is a slayer of giants, they are certainly welcome at my table. We shall break bread together and their blessings shall be upon me and my journey through life. A little flattery goes a long way with the Norse & Disney gods. They don’t give a s'hit about prayer. 🤣

ddswz0u-34ca9fb6-d385-4866-a919-2972304f

Edited by Mr.Dawn

On 10/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, Mr.Dawn said:

Are you speaking hypothetically or are you making an unevidenced claim?

No one knows whether the universe was created or if it's always been there. Argumentum ad Populum, Creationism is a religious & supernatural concept. I don't believe  it unless otherwise there is evidence to back that up. The Big Bang Theory is a "theory" that has never been proven. There is no evidence supporting that it is true. 

Hypothetically yes. If a deity existed, It wouldn't be up to par with mankind's expectations. 

Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic Theist? 

I am an Agnostic Atheist. 

The agnostic Atheist says, I have no reason to believe the claim “god exists.” They, deities may or may not, but until some convincing evidence is given, I have no good reason to believe in "GOD claims".

A Gnostic Atheist would assert, “I know there are no GODS.” Which is nearly as hard to evidence as the claim that a God exists.

The Agnostic Christian is simply a Christian who has no idea if a god exists or not but chooses to believe anyway. Thus "Pascals Wager". 

The Gnostic Christian is a Christian who would assert, "I know God exists" which is hard to find evidence to back up their claims that their god exists. 

This of course can be applied to every religion in the world. 

Examples - Gnostic Hinduist, Gnostic Muslim, Gnostic Shinto, etc etc. 

Most scientists think there are enough reasons to assume there was something like a big bang. Maybe they're wrong and scientists of the future will have a laugh with that theory, who knows?

A universe that has always been there also doesn't make sense from a human perspective since we can't wrap our head around something that has always existed, common sense says everything had to have a biginning somewhere.

Definitely don't buy creationism in a religious, supernatural concept.. "supernatural" would just be something our current science hasn't discovered yet.

Agnostic atheist.. the Gods we have in our religions are mostly human imagination.