My unpopular opinion on #MeToo

Ann

I think the #MeToo movement started out with positive motives and intentions. I also think some people who have done wrong were outed because of it. I'm not denying those things. BUT I DO think MeToo became a hijacked movement by many people who sought to control, slander and accuse - to the point of ruining lives  - with absolutely no backing/evidence. 

People sold stories and dragged names through the dirt  - often for £$£$£$ and not any kind of criminal justice....!? 

Want to add that people who have been genuinely ab**ed have every right to come forward. But the whole "#MeToo = every claim has to be believed no matter what" mentality can be dangerous. 

2 hours ago, Ann said:

I think the #MeToo movement started out with positive motives and intentions. I also think some people who have done wrong were outed because of it. I'm not denying those things. BUT I DO think MeToo became a hijacked movement by many people who sought to control, slander and accuse - to the point of ruining lives  - with absolutely no backing/evidence. 

People sold stories and dragged names through the dirt  - often for £$£$£$ and not any kind of criminal justice....!? 

Want to add that people who have been genuinely ab**ed have every right to come forward. But the whole "#MeToo = every claim has to be believed no matter what" mentality can be dangerous. 

I don't believe anyone on social media anymore. I gave people my trust, and they ruined it. A woman accused RealStreamNews of horrible things, then later admitted she lied about everything - that was a huge step to me losing faith in #MeToo

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Onision said:

I don't believe anyone on social media anymore. I gave people my trust, and they ruined it. A woman accused RealStreamNews of horrible things, then later admitted she lied about everything - that was a huge step to me losing faith in #MeToo

You must have incredible strength to overcome what went down, O. When you put your trust out there and people tread all over it, that's got to be hard. 

#MeToo totally went off the rails and so many involved tried to ruin  lives on baseless accusations. 

Edited by Ann