What is the worst illness you’ve had?

Admin

Just now, Onision said:

How do you get through that?

I was put on an inhaler and different meds, being the anxious k*d I was I hated using it. Tons of exams and tests, luckily I never was hospitalized. My mom was by my side through the whole thing. Long nights, appointments, and a puke bucket or two lol. 

Scary stuff especially being so young and having pneumonia, I’m surprised I recovered so fast. 💕✨

5 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

I had a 103 fever when I was a c***d. That’s probably the sickest I have been. Also had strep throat once, that s*cked. 

Oof I h**e strep and bronchitis like I always had upper respiratory illnesses growing up. 😵💫

• Star 1

2 minutes ago, Skoobie123 said:

I was put on an inhaler and different meds, being the anxious k*d I was I hated using it. Tons of exams and tests, luckily I never was hospitalized. My mom was by my side through the whole thing. Long nights, appointments, and a puke bucket or two lol. 

Scary stuff especially being so young and having pneumonia, I’m surprised I recovered so fast. 💕✨

Oof I h**e strep and bronchitis like I always had upper respiratory illnesses growing up. 😵💫

Now I get sinus infections sometimes. Those also s*ck ***.

The worst illness that I've ever had, by far, is depression. Right now my physical health might not be at its best but, nothing compares to that endless  sadness.

As I've said a few weeks before, I am getting diagnosed to see how damaged my brain is. I almost d*e twice this year, this month I've been a minimum of three times a week in the hospital to get checked and I've realized about lots and lots of things that I'm whiling to share with you all. Screenshot_2021-07-19-10-50-56-663_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.f7dcffc98419813d8e958ef4460525eb.jpg

When I was a c***d I used to see the world in black and white. Now I see it in a vibrant colour pallet and it's a huge different. Just look at my "parodying meme face" do I look like I've had to be more than 14 hours without eating ? Do I look like I've been Injected with trashy things to confirm If I am in the need of an urgent surgery or not?

That's a huge different, I feel that the worst way of dieing is not by a car accident, by a sickness... It's when you're not able to live your life how you want it to be. It's not when you are wether homeless, broke, single, married, young old, it's when you are sad.

.I am going to set  as an example, the auxiliar that was the one directing my last test , a magnetic brain resonance with contrast.  At first he started doing his "hellow funny joke to make you feel comfortable" but at the end he told me that he didn't want to be there that it's just too much, he is a photographer too but he had to choose a better option in order to cope with paying the bills. He was really skilled, he was not a nurse but he helped me with an intravenously that was not put correctly and was making me bleed a lot, (As I'm young I am more likely to be attended by young practicing nurses that are learning, he just has to sup*rvise them but with a quick movement he just solved it). When the test finished as I was laying down in the cold bed with two nurses cleaning both of my arms he told me that I reminded him another "practice student" that was working with him, he really thought I was his student. 

When the test finished  I was allowed to leave to the cafeteria for eating , meanwhile he was collecting all the info for giving me a CD to take it for the neurologist. That was when he looked at me with the more heartbreaking gaze, that gaze will forever be in my mind. He looked at me like he was the one d***g inside, I don't really now what he saw in my brain, If he was able to understand what was going on, If that damage reminded him of som*thing or whatever but I felt how sad he was and I almost cried. Despites I'm a walking meme that was hard.

If you are wondering, I am ****** free, I was at high risk and one doctor, before leaving his job because of depression, told me that I might have it, chest ****** with metastasis, imagine how sad would he have had to be to reflect all is inner pain in telling me, without, doing me hormones test and more things, that I was dieing. Just because my brain issues, and my way of being, I just might be d**d.

The worst illness is sadness 

That's why I like making people happy :3

5 hours ago, Onision said:

I was sick all day today, could barely stand. You know that feeling like you’re on a merry-go-round? That was me for hours.

Anyway, what is the worst illness you have had?

Sick K On GIF

Hey, hope you feel better. 

2 hours ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

The worst illness that I've ever had, by far, is depression. Right now my physical health might not be at its best but, nothing compares to that endless  sadness.

As I've said a few weeks before, I am getting diagnosed to see how damaged my brain is. I almost d*e twice this year, this month I've been a minimum of three times a week in the hospital to get checked and I've realized about lots and lots of things that I'm whiling to share with you all. Screenshot_2021-07-19-10-50-56-663_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.f7dcffc98419813d8e958ef4460525eb.jpg

When I was a c***d I used to see the world in black and white. Now I see it in a vibrant colour pallet and it's a huge different. Just look at my "parodying meme face" do I look like I've had to be more than 14 hours without eating ? Do I look like I've been Injected with trashy things to confirm If I am in the need of an urgent surgery or not?

That's a huge different, I feel that the worst way of dieing is not by a car accident, by a sickness... It's when you're not able to live your life how you want it to be. It's not when you are wether homeless, broke, single, married, young old, it's when you are sad.

.I am going to set  as an example, the auxiliar that was the one directing my last test , a magnetic brain resonance with contrast.  At first he started doing his "hellow funny joke to make you feel comfortable" but at the end he told me that he didn't want to be there that it's just too much, he is a photographer too but he had to choose a better option in order to cope with paying the bills. He was really skilled, he was not a nurse but he helped me with an intravenously that was not put correctly and was making me bleed a lot, (As I'm young I am more likely to be attended by young practicing nurses that are learning, he just has to sup*rvise them but with a quick movement he just solved it). When the test finished as I was laying down in the cold bed with two nurses cleaning both of my arms he told me that I reminded him another "practice student" that was working with him, he really thought I was his student. 

When the test finished  I was allowed to leave to the cafeteria for eating , meanwhile he was collecting all the info for giving me a CD to take it for the neurologist. That was when he looked at me with the more heartbreaking gaze, that gaze will forever be in my mind. He looked at me like he was the one d***g inside, I don't really now what he saw in my brain, If he was able to understand what was going on, If that damage reminded him of som*thing or whatever but I felt how sad he was and I almost cried. Despites I'm a walking meme that was hard.

If you are wondering, I am ****** free, I was at high risk and one doctor, before leaving his job because of depression, told me that I might have it, chest ****** with metastasis, imagine how sad would he have had to be to reflect all is inner pain in telling me, without, doing me hormones test and more things, that I was dieing. Just because my brain issues, and my way of being, I just might be d**d.

The worst illness is sadness 

That's why I like making people happy :3

Yeah, my mental illness is my worst illness I feel. And sometimes I even scare myself. I mean years of dealing with it in the best way I can to whoever reading this, I am alright. I stray from certain people in my actual life that go out of their way to purposely and spitefully set my triggers off. 

I mean I think that’s what they are called , triggers. I am so thankful to be living with a counselor man let me tell you. I am incredibly grateful for the selected people in my life and my cat Peace. Literally, her name is Peace. 🤍 Also grateful to have time off from school. It has helped me a lot this past month mentally. 

Last night *sigh* was tough for me. Needless to say I took care of myself still and tried to remain calm and still get on with my routine.

Ate better, and slept ok, more hours than I normally do and I had dreams so I know it was a better sleep. It is so important to take care of yourself, even if that means taking a step back and needing time for ones self. 

Everyday is a new day to start fresh 

Plus, the sound of water is calming to me. Haven’t worked the courage to set up my sleep sound machine because well AC stays on, and I literally own a ton of boxed fans, and regular fans. My fans stays on at all times. So right now there is four fans and the air conditioner on blast 💥 

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, Steff said:

Hey, hope you feel better. 

Yeah, my mental illness is my worst illness I feel. And sometimes I even scare myself. I mean years of dealing with it in the best way I can to whoever reading this, I am alright. I stray from certain people in my actual life that go out of their way to purposely and spitefully set my triggers off. 

I mean I think that’s what they are called , triggers. I am so thankful to be living with a counselor man let me tell you. I am incredibly grateful for the selected people in my life and my cat Peace. Literally, her name is Peace. 🤍 Also grateful to have time off from school. It has helped me a lot this past month mentally. 

Last night *sigh* was tough for me. Needless to say I took care of myself still and tried to remain calm and still get on with my routine.

Ate better, and slept ok, more hours than I normally do and I had dreams so I know it was a better sleep. It is so important to take care of yourself, even if that means taking a step back and needing time for ones self. 

Everyday is a new day to start fresh 

Plus, the sound of water is calming to me. Haven’t worked the courage to set up my sleep sound machine because well AC stays on, and I literally own a ton of boxed fans, and regular fans. My fans stays on at all times. So right now there is four fans and the air conditioner on blast 💥 

Hehehe I used to love fans, they will always be trending. I think they are way much better than air conditioner itself. I remember one time when I was like 5/6 before starting school going to buy school material and I ended up playing randomly with a lonely fan that was in a shop.

Air conditioner has been the most thing that we use here, it's a must if you want to take a proper nap without having a near death experience, and don't even talk about having a "high carb meal" before a long sun walk and trying to sleep.

Remember, you need to be surrounded by the correct people, more than anyone else , so that's why you have to even take more care. To garantize your well being. No excuses. It's your health. Whenever someone makes som*thing you don't like or you think its hurtful,  don't get your bad feelings take advantage of you and express them . Sometimes not all the people are able to listen so you also have to be able to realize who deserves your words and how does not 😉

• Heart 1

• Mod

I hope you're feeling better! The worst illness I had was strep throat. Also having the Coronavirus s*cked because I had brain fog that wouldn't go away and at the same time it felt like I had a cold.

The worst physical illness I've had is probably the chicken pox, which I thankfully do not remember. I'm blessed with an amazing strong immune system so the worst I get is a one day stomach bug or the common cold.

The worst mentall illness I've had is depression/anxiety and addiction. That is a constant lifelong battle that I will have to deal with and manage my whole life.

3 hours ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

Hehehe I used to love fans, they will always be trending. I think they are way much better than air conditioner itself. I remember one time when I was like 5/6 before starting school going to buy school material and I ended up playing randomly with a lonely fan that was in a shop.

Air conditioner has been the most thing that we use here, it's a must if you want to take a proper nap without having a near death experience, and don't even talk about having a "high carb meal" before a long sun walk and trying to sleep.

Remember, you need to be surrounded by the correct people, more than anyone else , so that's why you have to even take more care. To garantize your well being. No excuses. It's your health. Whenever someone makes som*thing you don't like or you think its hurtful,  don't get your bad feelings take advantage of you and express them . Sometimes not all the people are able to listen so you also have to be able to realize who deserves your words and how does not 😉

As a professional writer and someone who gets writers block, heard everything you said and hey stay awesome ok💜 I appreciate the kind words even though everyone’s mind works in different ways. Just a way of life. 

And stay safe healthy and happy ❤️ 
xoxoxoxo 

• Heart 1

A couple years ago I ended up in ICU, almost died. Complications from falling seriously ill in pregnancy. I am lucky to be here. The experience was so traumatic. Never felt so ill in my life as I did then. 

Edited by Ann

• Elites

Covid

Depression

Just now, Leaf_ said:

Covid

Depression

(for me and to only me) it seems so minimal compared to all the ways that the mind and body can be against us

On 7/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, Steff said:

As a professional writer and someone who gets writers block, heard everything you said and hey stay awesome ok💜 I appreciate the kind words even though everyone’s mind works in different ways. Just a way of life. 

And stay safe healthy and happy ❤️ 
xoxoxoxo 

A writer huh? I hope you start a topic discussing your craft more, I'm curious.

• Heart 1

Sure, supposed to be back in college soon had time off; *to clarify online college* *GCU* *been doing it a couple of years now* *plan on staying in college even after graduation because it is good for my mental health & I love learning* was homeschooled most of my life still remained a social person maybe half of why I do like being in school* honestly though? Apart of why I actually do like this website / forum a lot is because the set up is similar to my school or I should say reminds me of a similar navigation.? So, in a sense I am glad I discovered you when I did and this forum. Not saying that I feel like I am in school I guess I am saying that I appreciate you and I appreciate all the other nice people on here as well ❤️💜

Also, long term and short term goals learned that from school a lot has stuck with me and research is fun to me sometimes. One of my long term goals is to be a proof reader.....Amongst many dreams, speaking of literal dreams I am not sure I dreamt last night. It is 6 am here used to waking up early ALTHOUGH I think I am feeling better enough to get back to sleepies. Needed a quick shower always helps when I wake up sometimes and physically don’t feel good. Plus, SOMETIMES I actually enjoy taking care of myself. I mean not saying I don’t take care of myself just life gets the best of everyone some days. 

It could be difficult although I feel that to me it is so important to hang onto the little things that make me happy in life, so for that I am forever grateful. 

Sometimes I just get shy or nervous when it comes to making a move in anything in life so thanks for taking notice that I am a writer and saying what you said Onision, means more than you’ll ever know actually. =]

1 hour ago, bones said:

The Swine Flu (H1N1 Virus)

I lucked out and never got Swine Flu.

1 hour ago, bones said:

or Mono.

I got Mono in high school. I got really sick and was out for 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, bones said:

Both of which closed my throat and needed many hospital visitations.

My case with mono was never severe. I was fortunate enough that I didn't get severe symptoms. 

• Heart 1

I’ve been really sick a few times but honestly nothing kicked my a** quite like having covid during a blizzard. I get so mad when people say it’s like the flu now. I can work through flu. Covid got real close to actually killing me