Do you think you spend too much time online?

Ann

Okay I'm curious about this. To all members here: Obviously the Internet is a massive thing in our lives nowadays and most of us have smartphones etc.

Do you ever think you spend too much time online? 

Edited by Ann

Honestly yeah I think I do spend too much online however it’s the only place where I can escape from life’s struggles and the stressors it has. Mainly me being engulfed in YouTube music or tik tok is what distracts me. But I wouldn’t say I’m ADDICTED. I do spend time out of my phone and laptop when I feel I’m emotionally and mentally stable enough to do so. Even then 30 minutes is more than enough before I have to go back into my hermit hole and internally scream for even nothing to communicate. 🙂 

I think I spend a bit too much time online. #guilty 

However I do use it as a creative resource for my projects, it's not all "wasted" time (so I tell myself). 

Uh, full disclosure, I probably do since I joined this forum. 😳 I just like this community a lot. 😁 I didn't really have one I guess, before joining this one.

Before that, I was hardly ever online since I don't do any other social media.

• Heart 1

• Elites

Yes but the internet/phones/etc have become basically extensions of ourselves, and spending the vast majority of our time on the internet is becoming a regular concept that's evolving along side us. Soon enough it will be a part of us all. 

• Heart 1

I just realised how much I've d*****d in logging into Onision forum and how many posts/visits I've made here since joining it a couple days ago... so I think that definitely answers my own question at least 😆

On that note, sorry if I'm posting too much. 

• Elites

It varies for me. I'll have a period where all I do is hang out online. Then I'll have a period where I don't touch my phone or computer for days. I've oscillated like this for years now. I do wish I spent more time with my hobbies; when I get online, I tend to waste a lot of time doing nothing important.

• Heart 1

definitely!! having an internet addiction be hard, lol. which s*cks, i was literally at yellowstone (which is BEAUTIFUL BTW!!) yesterday, and i couldnt even process i was there - definitely blame the internet 😕 i hope to fix that and get out in the real world!! i don't want to be glued to my phone so much lol-