Cancel Culture Vultures

Ann

What's your opinion on the cancel culture vultures online? 

I'm so sickened by it all.

We live in a world where any person can make any allegation and people automatically assume it is the absolute truth. The twitter mob and cancel culture are always out for blood, yet they convince themselves they are the "morally superior" ones. It's quite sick, really. The Internet can be used for wonderful things and connect us in amazing ways  - it can also be a pit of h**e.

Thankfully social media users aren't judge or jury in real cases, because their guilty verdict would be in before hearing the evidence.

Computer Rage GIF

• Heart 1

• Mod

It's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen and heard of. Social media has really changed big time thanks to cancel culture. It's gotten so bad that cartoon characters and episodes have been cancelled thanks to people getting offended. People even expect celebrities to be perfect and they will get cancelled over one mistake they made in the past or som*thing they didn't do. Those people only listen to one side of the story and will believe what they want to believe without considering anything else.

Totally agree @k*itlind

If the social media mob had their way, we'd be left with NOTHING. Empty brains, empty lives... because someone somewhere is always getting offended by som*thing, or ******ing someone over som*thing they know nothing about etc. When did the world start getting so off track. It's mad. 

• Star 1

I think leaving social media is one of the best things anyone can do for themselves… by that I mean, read nothing anyone says on Twitter or Facebook - stick to anti drama sites that are just designed to be fun that specifically kick folks who are out to ******/harm each other.

Like the site Newgrounds seems to be relatively low on drama I think.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Onision said:

I think leaving social media is one of the best things anyone can do for themselves… by that I mean, read nothing anyone says on Twitter or Facebook - stick to anti drama sites that are just designed to be fun that specifically kick folks who are out to ******/harm each other.

Like the site Newgrounds seems to be relatively low on drama I think.

I think it's a complete necessity if you're a public figure, to avoid the comments/replies on social media.

The same people who preach anti-bullying and raising mental health awareness are just as quick to get the verbal daggers out to ab**e others. It's sick. I hope the tide changes soon. 

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Ann said:

What's your opinion on the cancel culture vultures online? 

I'm so sickened by it all.

We live in a world where any person can make any allegation and people automatically assume it is the absolute truth. The twitter mob and cancel culture are always out for blood, yet they convince themselves they are the "morally superior" ones. It's quite sick, really. The Internet can be used for wonderful things and connect us in amazing ways  - it can also be a pit of h**e.

Thankfully social media users aren't judge or jury in real cases, because their guilty verdict would be in before hearing the evidence.

Computer Rage GIF

I agree completely. These vultures (sc*m is a better word) makes me sick.

I left social media before cancel culture started. Or maybe it was at the beginning of it? Not really sure, but I've been off social media for about 3-4 years.

It baffles me how people can be a part of cancel culture and not realize the ignorance of it all. The stupidity of people amazes me.

14 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

I left social media before cancel culture started. Or maybe it was at the beginning of it? Not really sure, but I've been off social media for about 3-4 years.

It baffles me how people can be a part of cancel culture and not realize the ignorance of it all. The stupidity of people amazes me.

Hey that’s really smart. Avoid the nonsense and live your life your way.

• Star 1

• Mod

some people have fun and have a life .. some people pretend to change the world and don't have a life .. Eh imagine if we all tried to work on ourselves; instead of focusing so much h**e on people we've never even met...

Tired Cat GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Heart 2

On 7/18/2021 at 4:10 PM, Ann said:

We live in a world where any person can make any allegation and people automatically assume it is the absolute truth.

People make unevidenced claims of all types. They do it in politics, they do it habitually with religion, and to v****mize someone or get what they want. It's what we call Argumentum Ad Populum. It's often used a poor tactic in religious debates via argumentum ad ignorantiam (argument from ignorance.) Like for example with Onision's issue with that stupid documentary. People have made many unevidenced and false claims, a straw man argument, making him out to be this vicious c*unt that he never was and are continuing to do so without looking at the Police Report that is evidence indicating those claims are invalid. 

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people"[1]) is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so"

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, t*rminated said:

People make unevidenced claims of all types. They do it in politics, they do it habitually with religion, and to v****mize someone or get what they want. It's what we call Argumentum Ad Populum. It's often used a poor tactic in religious debates via argumentum ad ignorantiam (argument from ignorance.) Like for example with Onision's issue with that stupid documentary. People have made many unevidenced and false claims, a straw man argument, making him out to be this vicious c*unt that he never was and are continuing to do so without looking at the Police Report that is evidence indicating those claims are invalid. 

The fact the Anti Os have a verdict of no crime found yet ignore this and say "well the police must've got it wrong" shows how completely idiotic they are 

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

The fact the Anti Os have a verdict of no crime found yet ignore this and say "well the police must've got it wrong" shows how completely idiotic they are 

Some people are very obstinate and close minded in when it comes down to their beliefs and the claims and assertions they make with those beliefs. It doesn't matter how much evidence you present to them on the case. It's false to them because that's what they want it to be. That's not realistic or logical at all. When reality proves a claim to be wrong, it's stupid to turn around and say that "reality is wrong" just so someone can continue to believe in that claim. At that point, they're delusional. 

• Heart 1

Just now, t*rminated said:

Some people are very obstinate and close minded in when it comes down to their beliefs and the claims and assertions they make with those beliefs. It doesn't matter how much evidence you present to them on the case. It's false to them because that's what they want it to be. That's not realistic or logical at all. When reality proves a claim to be wrong, it's stupid to turn around and say that "reality is wrong" just so someone can continue to believe in that claim. At that point, they're delusional. 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

41 minutes ago, Ann said:

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

What cancel culture needs to focus on is the bad habit of making unevidenced claims that cause harmful rumors.  It's bad. it's really bad with religion.  I make no claims. That means I have no burden of proof; I need to prove nothing. It is the responsibility of the person making the religious/ political/ allegation based CLAIM to provide EVIDENCE. I have no obligation to disprove their claim. It is everyone's responsibility to provide evidence to back up their claims without standing there holding the idiot ball and looking stupid. If I make a claim, I will make sure that I have evidence to prove it before I say anything. 

Edited by Terminated

On 7/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, McFly said:

some people pretend to change the world and don't have a life

When you put your whole life on one thing, especially a negative thing, how can you look at what you did and say "That was a good use of my time?" - Like if I spent the last few years obsessed with proving that PewDiePie is gr*ss for that one tweet he made forever ago and that it proves he's a monster --- and it turns out he wasn't... what would all that time then be?

A lot of people look at stuff that contradicts an idea they already married and they say, "well... I either admit I just wasted all this time and energy on a lie, or I take the easy route and claim that my narrative is still a real thing" --- People often take the path of least resistance, and in many cases, that's refusing to admit they're wrong --- which ironically takes a greater toll long-term.

• Heart 1
  • Star 2

I don’t even know you and still get h***ssed for liking you. Guarantee if I ever have a larger presence online, they’ll cancel me for it too. I think I commented on your food page once, (yes, a mere food page) and consistently still get rude comments directed at you and dragging me too. It’s scary and yet interesting, any association with a “canceled” person gets you canceled too but when I ask what you’ve done-they usually can’t explain and if I let them know they’re h***ssing me or you, they have a reason. Makes no sense and I don’t regret liking you, just wish I was able to support you without consequences or potential hate 🤷🏼‍♀️I won’t argue with the YouTube trolls though (anymore) they don’t listen to logic and I don’t respond to ig haters. I’m not going to let my feelings ever interfere in your situation or make you look bad in response to how trolls provoke you. I won’t give anyone the satisfaction 🙏 

11 minutes ago, Ghostie said:

The internet is really exhausting. There is so much information but yet no nuance or context so it’s really hard to tell what is going on most of the time. I wish people would just be kind 

Yes !! This exactly 💞

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostie said:

The internet is really exhausting. There is so much information but yet no nuance or context so it’s really hard to tell what is going on most of the time. I wish people would just be kind 

Kindness feels really good. When we crave attention more than we desire to feel good... that's when you have people betraying themselves...

I used to go for the craving of attention... then I realized it only made me more unhappy.

Reminds me of so many old people... when they were young they made so many mistakes with their attitude, and with time, wisdom grew, and they realized what the best path really was.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Onision said:

Kindness feels really good.

It does. But it doesn't feel good when you're having to give someone common decency that doesn't deserve it, like a co-worker who would love to see you fired. In my life, there is either those who are rude to you and there are those that are nice to your face, who go behind your back and try to screw you over. They come in the form of the people that I work with. There's people like this at every job. These people are not my friends. They would see me gone for their own benefit. And some people you can't be nice to. 

Like this guy that started working for us months ago. I was nice to him at first. He was the new cleaning guy. All he did was run his mouth. Talk, talk, talk. That's all he does. I showed everything he needed to do. But then he'd come into my office and just hang around and would talk. Finally one day I had to run him out of my office. I couldn't take it anymore.

His excuse was that he was cleaning my office and checking it over. Which was a bs lie. I told him. 10 minutes or less. It's a not cash register that he needs to be checking back to back to see how much money there is. He's a janitor. Look it over once and go. And if he ran out of things to do. Punch out & go home. 

I was sick of this guy. People like him see kindness as a weakness and walk ALLLLL over you until you say something. You give him an inch, he'll take a mile. 

I can't stand people like that. 

50 minutes ago, Onision said:

Kindness feels really good. When we crave attention more than we desire to feel good... that's when you have people betraying themselves...

I used to go for the craving of attention... then I realized it only made me more unhappy.

Reminds me of so many old people... when they were young they made so many mistakes with their attitude, and with time, wisdom grew, and they realized what the best path really was.

That’s really wise 🌈✨❤️ Super nice (sorry if that sounds weird words are hard)

• Heart 1

The thing I wonder about cancel culture is are these people going to start cancelling family members and people they know IRL over something they said like a bad joke or opinion? lol People love to cancel famous people, but regular people say stuff too.

I wanted to add something else that kind of goes with my last post. I remember a long time ago Lily-Rose Depp was getting backlash for supporting her own father, Johnny Depp. Like people actually expected her to not be on her own dad’s side and thought she shouldn’t be. How can they judge her for that? What if it was their own family member? And especially in this specific case, where we all know now it’s a bunch of bulls***t. 

13 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I've noticed that most people who are part of cancel culture are on Twitter. For example Shane Dawson was trending on Twitter yesterday because he posted a new video and most all the tweets were hateful, but I've seen nothing but positive comments about his return on Instagram and YouTube. Wonder why Twitter is so tox*c 🤔

Yeah and if you look at his new video, he has gotten way more likes than dislikes. And there are people who get more dislikes, like Eugenia Cooney. 

• Star 2

Just now, summerlusk said:

Yeah and if you look at his new video, he has gotten way more likes than dislikes. And there are people who get more dislikes, like Eugenia Cooney. 

This is very true. 😞 With EC, it's sad & true. 💔 You can't help (especially force) people to get help, without them wanting it. & Even after it's difficult. But it's always people who check in to see how she's doing & I believe that's what causes so much of the dislikes. 😞

• Heart 1