Biggest work horror/funny stories?

So I’ll go first… just now I spilt a five gallon bucket of ranch in the walk in… 

Ive also have a pressure washer sprayer, spray all over my ***… don’t ask questions. 

😭😭

Tell me YOUR work experiences! 

Fail Season 5 GIF by The Office

I work at a 24hr gas station so I got nothing but stories 😂 let’s see my most recent one would have to be it was about almost midnight and this dude came in with his girlfriend and was getting pissed cuz we didn’t have our sweet tea up ( it gets rinsed out and cleaned around 9-10pm) which the clerk said it only take a couple mins to make some he decided to throw a fit because we also didn’t have our other fast hot food in the warmer. He proceeded to act like a toddler and spray WD40 all on the floor then when he came to the register decided to open a bottle of sanitizer and squirt it all on the scanner gun and the counter and on the floor 🤦‍♀️ Mind you this guy had to be in his 40s-50s

• Elites

I was on my way out of the school to go home when one of my co-teachers came up to me and in a panic said “all hands on deck”. She was bringing in a student COVERED head to toe in poo. Behind this student was his brother ALSO covered in poo. I walked out to the playground and there was poo all over the playground. Awful awful awful. I guess one of them decided to just start throwing it and smearing it everywhere. Fun times

2 minutes ago, Amanda K said:

I work at a 24hr gas station so I got nothing but stories 😂 let’s see my most recent one would have to be it was about almost midnight and this dude came in with his girlfriend and was getting pissed cuz we didn’t have our sweet tea up ( it gets rinsed out and cleaned around 9-10pm) which the clerk said it only take a couple mins to make some he decided to throw a fit because we also didn’t have our other fast hot food in the warmer. He proceeded to act like a toddler and spray WD40 all on the floor then when he came to the register decided to open a bottle of sanitizer and squirt it all on the scanner gun and the counter and on the floor 🤦‍♀️ Mind you this guy had to be in his 40s-50s

Holy cow! Some people just have the AUDACITY. I applaud you for putting up with those guys! 😭😭💕

• Elites
9 minutes ago, Amanda K said:

what a friggen temper tantrum!! 

Mine is pretty boring. It was back in my younger days when I was a waitress. We had the humongous trays for food that weighed a ton when fully loaded. I dropped an entire tray. Food and drinks went flying, and it made so much noise everyone turned and stared. So embarrassing! 😳

• Mod

I have a funny/embarrassing story that happened to me when I started working at my very first job at Cici's Pizza. My boss would play a prank on new workers by telling them to go outside and collect air in a plastic bag. I forgot the reason but it was dumb. So being the shy/gullible teenager I was, I went outside to do just that. Then he told me it was a prank. I didn't get it but I laughed. As for horror stories, when I worked in nursing homes I saw a lot bad injuries the elderly people got from falling. One person cut their leg open pretty deep and another one busted their head open a little bit. There are a lot of stories I have of working at those places.

8 minutes ago, Brookeireland said:

I was on my way out of the school to go home when one of my co-teachers came up to me and in a panic said “all hands on deck”. She was bringing in a student COVERED head to toe in poo. Behind this student was his brother ALSO covered in poo. I walked out to the playground and there was poo all over the playground. Awful awful awful. I guess one of them decided to just start throwing it and smearing it everywhere. Fun times

OMG I would simply pass away 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, k*itlind said:

I have a funny/embarrassing story that happened to me when I started working at my very first job at Cici's Pizza. My boss would play a prank on new workers by telling them to go outside and collect air in a plastic bag. I forgot the reason but it was dumb. So being the shy/gullible teenager I was, I went outside to do just that. Then he told me it was a prank. I didn't get it but I laughed. As for horror stories, when I worked in nursing homes I saw a lot bad injuries the elderly people got from falling. One person cut their leg open pretty deep and another one busted their head open a little bit. There are a lot of stories I have of working at those places.

Oh goodness I’m so sorry! I remember having to look after my grandma before she passed and I almost didn’t catch her when she slipped in the shower while I was helping her bathe. Scary stuff!! 😭💕

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Skoobie123 said:

Holy cow! Some people just have the AUDACITY. I applaud you for putting up with those guys! 😭😭💕

I dunno how I keep my cool most of the times it doesn’t help that I’m a Assistant manager and I have to deal with “Karen’s” xD everyday som*thing new always happens like the other night our computer went down that takes orders and it showed me this 😅😅

9288E6D8-494A-4837-B174-6C05E39F48BE.jpeg

3 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

Mine is pretty boring. It was back in my younger days when I was a waitress. We had the humongous trays for food that weighed a ton when fully loaded. I dropped an entire tray. Food and drinks went flying, and it made so much noise everyone turned and stared. So embarrassing! 😳

Oof it’s never fun when all eyes are on you when som*thing like that happens! Retail, food industry, it’s a jungle! 😭💕

• Mod
3 minutes ago, Skoobie123 said:

OMG I would simply pass away 😭😭😭

Oh goodness I’m so sorry! I remember having to look after my grandma before she passed and I almost didn’t catch her when she slipped in the shower while I was helping her bathe. Scary stuff!! 😭💕

Yeah thank goodness you caught her in time!

28 minutes ago, Amanda K said:

Was he intox*cated or mental? I don't think I could handle people like that. I don't have enough patience or politeness in me. I would lose my sh*t, tell him exactly what I thought, and probably get fired, lol. 

17 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

Was he intox*cated or mental? I don't think I could handle people like that. I don't have enough patience or politeness in me. I would lose my sh*t, tell him exactly what I thought, and probably get fired, lol. 

He wasn’t drunk and seemed in the right state of mind. Well almost 😅 and I dunno how I handle it sometimes once I had a guy drop 4 slices of pizza on the floor just to be a d*ck I lost my s***t that day I was like what the F I’m not your Fking maid 😅😅 I didn’t get a write up which was nice 

I was in charge of a lot at my old job. I was constantly running everywhere in the store to get things done.  Dealing with keeping the front in order, the safe and money at the end of the day (or morning), stocking, taking care of my customers, cake writing and cupcake making when the station closed before the store, making sure other departments had what they needed. One day we were running low on frozen bags, so I went to the back to find out the night stock team put the boxes of bags higher, and there was no step ladder to be found. (I am short. 😂)

So I stepped on two ledges (as advised) to take some down from the top, to place them or have them fall down into the cart. Well, while I fell back, 3 of the 15lb boxes fell on my head and shoulder, and I ended up with a concussion. I informed the boss straight away and they said I was fine. Then my coworkers noticed slurring, and me walking funny. They demanded the boss to take another look. I was brought in, diagnosed by corporate that I was fine because I could raise my arms, so to continue my shift. No ambulance was called, and afterwards I drove myself to the doctor. A neurologist didn't call me back until my symptoms went away. I struggled for over a month with a severe headache and pain with lights while continuing to work. Some places really don't care, they just want your effort. Corporate denied me of 2 of my injuries at this place. It was horror to me.

Shannyn Sossamon Cringe GIF

1 minute ago, brittniisundae said:

I was in charge of a lot at my old job. I was constantly running everywhere in the store to get things done.  Dealing with keeping the front in order, the safe and money at the end of the day (or morning), stocking, taking care of my customers, cake writing and cupcake making when the station closed before the store, making sure other departments had what they needed. One day we were running low on frozen bags, so I went to the back to find out the night stock team put the boxes of bags higher, and there was no step ladder to be found. (I am short. 😂)

So I stepped on two ledges (as advised) to take some down from the top, to place them or have them fall down into the cart. Well, while I fell back, 3 of the 15lb boxes fell on my head and shoulder, and I ended up with a ***** concussion. I informed the boss straight away and they said I was fine. Then my coworkers noticed slurring, and me walking funny. They demanded the boss to take another look. I was brought in, diagnosed by corporate that I was fine because I could raise my arms, so to continue my shift. No ambulance was called, and afterwards I drove myself to the doctor. A neurologist didn't call me back until my symptoms went away. I struggled for over a month with a severe headache and pain with lights while continuing to work. Some places really don't care, they just want your effort. Corporate ignored denied me of 2 of my injuries at this place. It was horror to me.

Good Lordy!!! I’m so glad that you’re ok, but dang girl your work did you dirty!! It makes me so mad that corporate cares more about a check than their employers. A head injury is no joke! 😭😭😭💕

• Star 1

1 minute ago, Skoobie123 said:

Good Lordy!!! I’m so glad that you’re ok, but dang girl your work did you dirty!! It makes me so mad that corporate cares more about a check than their employers. A head injury is no joke! 😭😭😭💕

I definitely learned a lot from that job. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to help our customers, and learn more skills, but behind the curtain was so much different. 

I feel pretty used when I think about it. I moved closer to commit. They knew that, and I was called in on my off days. I did what I could. But that was a t*****e day that turned into a month thing. I'm pretty thankful for the coworkers who tried to help, and even helped me with things after it all happened. A lot of them left after I was gone, but we still keep in touch. ❤ &  you're so right it is no joke. To anyone reading this definitely do not let your workplace take advantage of your physical or mental health. You have rights. ❤

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

So I stepped on two ledges (as advised) to take some down from the top, to place them or have them fall down into the cart. Well, while I fell back, 3 of the 15lb boxes fell on my head and shoulder, and I ended up with a concussion. I informed the boss straight away and they said I was fine. Then my coworkers noticed slurring, and me walking funny. They demanded the boss to take another look. I was brought in, diagnosed by corporate that I was fine because I could raise my arms, so to continue my shift. No ambulance was called, and afterwards I drove myself to the doctor. A neurologist didn't call me back until my symptoms went away. I struggled for over a month with a severe headache and pain with lights while continuing to work. Some places really don't care, they just want your effort. Corporate denied me of 2 of my injuries at this place. It was horror to me.

Corporation's don't really have a choice when it comes to workman's comp (depending on the size of a business). You can file a claim yourself. Then it's up to workman's comp to approve or deny the claim. You can also insist on medical attention at the time of injury. They might try to discourage you from it or say you don't need it because they don't want to pay, but they're legally obligated to get help if you feel like you need it.

I only know this because I worked in HR at my last job and I had to respond to a lot of workman's comp claims from people claiming they were injured on the job. I will also say, that the longer you go from the injury to seeking medical treatment, the more likely it will be denied. It's always best to seek that medical attention immediately at the time of injury instead of waiting and doing it on your own.

• Star 1