Favorite quote(s)

Leaf_

• Elites

Im sure it isn’t new but I thought of “the best f u is a smile” lul Kind of means end em with kindness but also your own happiness is the best revenge to people who wish for your downfall.

What is a quote or two that kinda stuck with you?

• Star 1

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

~Kierkegaard

There's another one that I like and has always stuck with me. I saw it on a poster for the marines, but have never been able to find it anywhere else so I don't know who to give the credit to. I don't remember the exact words, but it went som*thing like this:

"Dissatisfaction is the difference between the way things are and the way you think things should be."

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites
8 hours ago, OldGreqq said:

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

~Kierkegaard

There's another one that I like and has always stuck with me. I saw it on a poster for the marines, but have never been able to find it anywhere else so I don't know who to give the credit to. I don't remember the exact words, but it went som*thing like this:

"Dissatisfaction is the difference between the way things are and the way you think things should be."

Those are some good ones ^•^

"I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love."

"What is to give light must endure burning."

"I have learned that to be with those I like is enough"

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

"When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen"

"Are you proud of yourself tonight that you have insulted a total stranger whose circ*mstances you know nothing about?"

"It's okay to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear"

"I like firsts. Good or bad, they're always memorable."

"I know what its like to see ghosts that don't go away. To be watching a scary movie in your head, whether you want to or not, watching it alone."

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less. ~C.S. Lewis

Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn som*thing, in which case it’s no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing. ~Eckhart Tolle

• Star 1

While I was reading The Perks of being a Wallflower in high school, I wrote down this quote from the book:

“There is this one photograph… that is just beautiful. It would be impossible to describe how beautiful it is, but I’ll try. If you listen to the song “Asleep,” and you think about those pretty weather days that make you remember things, and the prettiest eyes you’ve known, and you cry and the person holds you back, then I think you will see the photograph.”

Edited by paperandsky

• Elites

“In a world of places, let’s go somewhere we haven’t gone” -rusty clanton

“You only realize that someday you will d*e once and everyday thereafter is a gift.
Someday your bones turn back to oil, how soon our souls will turn to soil, Its a miracle that we get to exist” -Joshua bond

• Elites

"Color my life with the chaos of trouble."

"There's every good reason;
For letting you go.
She's sneaky and smoked out;
And it's starting to show."

The caged bird sings / with a fearful trill / of things unknown / but longed for still / and his tune is heard / on the distant hill / for the caged bird / sings of freedom.” (A tattoo I have, on my right shoulder blade).