When you reject someone and they get mad?

Have you ever rejected someone and then they went all psycho on you? Someone once told me they hope I d*e just because I rejected them and wasn’t interested. I didn’t even say anything mean to them or about them.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites

I hear that happens to a lot of people and they don’t deserve that reaction. 
Surprisingly I haven’t had that happen. Worse case is they keep trying to pressure and convince me to be with them. Which is super creepy an telling of their character so I’ll cut them off. Or I get ghosted. Like all I was to you was some *** and once I say no you want nothing to do with me? Cool trash took itself out. Usually can stay friends after a rejection. Like nothing personal you either have the vibe or you don’t.

• Star 2

I tell people I'm unavailable a lot, even my exs. So it's really not people I meet, but my exs get really mean. 🙃 "unavailable, what's that mean? Who is it? Leave them! I'll do "it" this time. 🤨" Then they st*lk me until I get out of their system, multiple names, whatever. Unavailable could mean a variety of things, but they don't stop to think "oh maybe she's not accepting anybody right now". Regardless, it's uncalled for that they bug my family and friends, and me. They've wished me ill too, and thr***ened themselves. They know it's more of my weak point when they thr***en themselves. They could say mean things about me all day, I don't have to prove anything. But they know I'll reach out or say I'll get them help. 

• Star 1

It makes sense, nobody likes being rejected. Even if you do it "right", people often feel like you're not just rejecting their relationship but rejecting them personally. As if saying "you're not worth it".

Starts from a lot of insecurity on their part though.

Only thing you can do is be honest and upfront ASAP. The longer they feel like a relationship is a possibility, they more difficult it becomes.

I've only had one experience of someone going all crazy on me. I've only tried online dating once in my life, and I happened to meet this person that way. We went out a few times, and I just didn't have any kind of spark with him. When I told him I wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with him, he got all angry and verbally ab**ive. He wouldn't leave me alone blowing up my phone, and he showed up at my apartment uninvited more than once. I had to finally call the cops on him and he thankfully stayed away after that. That scared me so I swore off online dating after that experience. 

• Star 1

Also want to say that when people respond "negatively", they're doing you a massive favor.

I had a woman st*lk me because I told her no. She showed me that I was insane  for even thinking it was possible to make som*thing work. In the end I was EXTREMELY thankful.

• Star 1

Even though I’m nice and if I reject someone I’m now always “the bad guy” 🤦‍♀️ I get called horrible names h***ssed  etc. I once had a dude get so mad at me he started st*lking me on social media showing up to my work it was awful... 

• Star 1

46 minutes ago, Amanda K said:

Even though I’m nice and if I reject someone I’m now always “the bad guy” 🤦‍♀️ I get called horrible names h***ssed  etc. I once had a dude get so mad at me he started st*lking me on social media showing up to my work it was awful... 

Some people are just crazy. Like I said, I literally said nothing rude to this guy (I’m not a ***** like that) and that’s how he reacted. I know I didn’t deserve it at all.

• Star 1

8 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

Some people are just crazy. Like I said, I literally said nothing rude to this guy (I’m not a ***** like that) and that’s how he reacted. I know I didn’t deserve it at all.

No one deserves any kind of ab**e sorry you had to go through it as well sweetheart-hugs-

• Heart 1

On 7/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, summerlusk said:

Have you ever rejected someone and then they went all psycho on you? 

Yeah. My ex girlfriend, Liz. I was with her for 3 months. She was talking to other men. She lied about not having a criminal record, had she told the truth, I would have still given her a chance, I just hat being lied to. All she did was lie. 

She had severe mental illness. She was getting worse and worse. I didn't want my k'ids subjected to it. She hated them. I was afraid she was going to hurt them. I had get rid of her quickly. So I lied to her, said I got evicted from my apartment & was moving in with my mother & agreed to a long distant relationship because her mom lived 3 hours away. I lied because I had tried breaking up with her before. She wouldn't take no for an answer. So I waited 3 weeks before trying again. I needed time to cook up a lie and formulate a way of getting rid of her. 

She did  go psycho when I told her I had lost the apartment in a text message. She was screaming when I got home in front of me and my k'ids. I called my ex wife. She picked them up for me so I could drive Liz to her mother's. That's not all she did. 

On 7/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, summerlusk said:

Someone once told me they hope I d*e just because I rejected them and wasn’t interested. I didn’t even say anything mean to them or about them.

She texted me for a whole month begging me to take her back. When that didn't work. She tried faking a pregnancy test using images from Amazon. My ex wife got involved because she didn't like her trying to extort me. So she called her out on her bs.

So, then Liz found my family members on Facebook and lied about being pregnant. She had never met them before. I don't know how she found them seeing as I have no social media. When she confessed that she had been lying and was desperate. I still said no and told her to quit contacting me. 

Again. She messages me a few days later calling me a lying b'itch. I had never come clean about getting evicted to her. But I was moving, just not in with my mother or anyone else. 

That weekend. She called DFS and lied, accusing me of b**ting my son. BUT, when the cop and the social worker came over. They had been told that I had the k'ids on me. I did not. My ex wife had them because it was her turn according the court document which I showed them. They knew then they'd been lied to. My ex wife was off in another town over the weekend. So she had to take them in to be looked at by the sheriff. They found "NO EVIDENCE" that I beat or a'bused my k'ids. 

I called Liz and she confessed, but I was stupid and didn't record her admission to guilt. She said it was revenge and that I deserved it for being mean to her. 

Then the police officer called me. He asked if I knew who false reported me. I gave him Liz's information, her address and phone number, and told him that she confessed to false reporting and h***ssment. He never did call me back on it. So I'm certain nothing happened. 

After that. I never heard from her again. 

On 7/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, summerlusk said:

Have you ever rejected someone and then they went all psycho on you? Someone once told me they hope I d*e just because I rejected them and wasn’t interested. I didn’t even say anything mean to them or about them.

"h**l hath no fury like a woman scorned"

(that means a woman you reject) Same often applies to men.

Rejection, for a lot of people, especially those who are messed up, doesn't translate to "I should improve" but instead, "They wronged me because they rejected me" --- it's an endless cycle and mentality with some folks so... you gotta just be careful who you talk to in the first place.

With some people, no matter what you do, you can never be the good person to them, not if you don't want to be around them.

1 hour ago, Onision said:

"h**l hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Very true. They get even all right. Even if you did nothing to them. 

(that means a woman you reject) Same often applies to men.

My brother talked about getting "even" with a girl who left him when he was in high school. He was a football player, she was a cheerleader. He doesn't take rejection very well. Because she left him for one of his friends. He talked about breaking her stuff that she gave him and b'eating up her new boyfriend and making her watch him do it. He'd sit there and just entertain these ideas. 

Rejection, for a lot of people, especially those who are messed up, doesn't translate to "I should improve" but instead, "They wronged me because they rejected me" --- it's an endless cycle and mentality with some folks so... you gotta just be careful who you talk to in the first place.

Exactly how Elizabeth behaved when I left her. She didn't think she did anything wrong & when I was with her. When I voiced my concerns to her. They went through one ear and out the other. After she had called DFS on me. I confronted her and like you said, she claimed it's because I "wronged" her, her words being that I was mean to her. I got mean with her, because anytime I said no, she kept on and on. So me being nice was interpreted by her as me being a door mat & that was not working. She left me no choice but to get mean. 

With some people, no matter what you do, you can never be the good person to them, not if you don't want to be around them.

That's a few people in my life. No matter what I do. I'm the bad guy. Sick of it really. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

Some people just cannot handle rejection. And I’ve always found it’s those who didn’t get a lot of practice in life. (Everyone says yes to them and their parents give them everything they want and more) 

only time this has ever truely upset me was when a guy a was friends with asked me out and I said I’d rather stay friends and he launched into a rant about what even was the point of our friendship if it wasn’t going to get him laid. Did I mention everyone I’m close with knows I am Demi ace? Dating me probably wasn’t gonna get you f-ing laid anyway buddy! 

yeah hurts to know your whole relationship with someone was fake from the start. 

On 10/15/2021 at 6:30 AM, Ghostie said:

yeah hurts to know your whole relationship with someone was fake from the start. 

That’s kinda why rumors aren’t always completely bad. If someone close to you believes the junk others say, and they turn on you, you just got saved years worth of time you would have wasted on them. 

May they find justified remorse, and you find better friends.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, Ghostie said:

Some people just cannot handle rejection.

I've fallen in love with rejection over the years. There's been a few women that dumped me. It stung at first, I'm not going to say it wasn't hard.  But in the end that was great because I could go explore my options. 

And I’ve always found it’s those who didn’t get a lot of practice in life. (Everyone says yes to them and their parents give them everything they want and more) 

Maybe. One of my ex's grew up poor and being violated by her dad. Her complaint was that men never stuck around, me being one of them. Because she had severe mental issues that I couldn't deal with. She didn't need to be in a relationship. She needed to see a medical therapist. I'm sorry, I've never come across mental illness as severe as hers & my first ever girlfriend had schizophrenia and she was no where this bad. 

only time this has ever truely upset me was when a guy a was friends with asked me out and I said I’d rather stay friends and he launched into a rant about what even was the point of our friendship if it wasn’t going to get him laid. Did I mention everyone I’m close with knows I am Demi ace? Dating me probably wasn’t gonna get you f-ing laid anyway buddy! 

I'm sorry that happened to you. Maybe he'll get testicular c*ncer and lose his balls. Then maybe he'll learn that there's more to life then trying to screw all of his friends....literally. 

Friendships are subjective and therefor conditional. From my point of view, the idea of a perfect friend is imaginary and is therefor one sided as well. I love the idea of having someone being completely selfless and being very giving. The idea is sweet and sounds very beneficial.

I've been a giving friend before. I've given money & gifts to friends when they gave me nothing but betrayal and bad mouthed me behind my back. My mother warned me and it didn't pay off. You can't buy people and I realized that later on.

You'll probably never know what kind of friendship you had with him. You still had some kind of relationship with him.

Some people don't understand what friendships are. To them friendship has a different kind of definition. Believe it or not, a lot of people are Quid Pro Quo. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. When one of you fails to deliver, then it's over. I learned that a long time ago in high school. If I had money, I had friends. When I had no money, I had no friends. In your case, he wanted to be friends with benefits. You said no. He ended it. 

Did he betray you?  I'm sure he did. People are selfish creatures of habit. I've been f'ucked over more times than I can count. 

People preach all of the time that friends should be like family and do things for you like a loved one. Okay, well that's a positive and healthy friendship. But you can't expect that from people. Because the person you're interested in may not be capable of mutually being a true friend. You may just have something they want. 

Which is why I mostly just keep acquaintances.  That doesn't mean I don't have friends or that I don't want friends. I just don't want to get taken advantage of and until I know the person better. It's more of a "we'll see" kind of thing. Just because I get along with someone doesn't mean I'm going to invite them over, sleep with them, or go out to lunch. No. Maybe in a year if they're still around. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn