Do You Own A PS5? Why?

Admin

Yes for Work Reasons like Testing Models / Prebuilds etc but i barely "Play" on it  (Developer Edition so the "main" use is developing anyway we shouldnt use them for regular playing to prolong the lifetime allthough we are allowed to) (So yeah we didnt really "paid" for it i wouldnt pay that much either currently)  

Edited by MisaNeko420

No, I haven't bought one because there's nothing wrong my PS4. Plus there's always a high demand for new consoles when released which causes the price to sky rocket. The law of supply and demand. The corp's do it on purpose so they make more money.

I'll wait a year or two for the hype to d*e down and the price to fall. Plus it allows time for all the kinks to be worked out that usually happens with new tech.

I think these new consoles are doing badly because of the pandemic. I hear there's a huge lack of game titles being available for them. It's actually in the toilet. 

But personally. NO. I don't want a PS5. All Sony is doing is selling Remasters on the PSN store for it. That's bullsh*it and a waste of people's hard earned money. Nope. Not getting one. 

It’s been tough for gamers to find a PlayStation 5 and even tougher if you don’t want to spend exorbitant prices on eBay.

Thanks to a variety of factors—COVID-19 impacting supply chains and manufacturing, the rise of scalpers with bot-driven tech and incredibly high demand—the PS5 is a hard-to-come by gadget. After dealing with Nintendo Switch shortages at the beginning of the pandemic, it’s a bummer to deal with a similar problem for the PS5 and Xbox Series X, the two new-gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft respectively.

But it gets worse—because of course it gets worse! Life is t*rrible.

Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2021/05/23/ps5-restock-warning-bad-news-sony-playstation-5-stock-2022/

Don't expect to get one next year either.

It sounds as though PS5 supplies will continue to be limited into 2022.It was never going to be easy launching a new console in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, and Bloomberg now reports that Sony has spoken to a “group of analysts” about the supply constraint issues affecting PlayStation 5 supplies, reportedly warning that shortages will continue into 2022.

IGN Article: https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-now-expecting-ps5-shortages-to-continue-into-next-year

But that's fine because there's a huge lack of games for it.

For many gamers, though, playing next-gen console titles has proved rather difficult in recent months, because finding next-gen consoles (or current-gen, I guess at this point) has been next to impossible. Whether you blame worldwide pandemic microchip shortages, or unscrupulous scalpers, or unblinking bots, it’s been an absolute logistical mess, for both Xbox Series X|S and PS5.

Countless gaming fans just can’t seem to land any of this new hardware. The good news, however, is that there’s always PC, and if you can score a decent graphics card for less than, say, infinity dollars, then that might be your best bet moving forward. It’s better than adding recently stocked Sony and Microsoft systems to your online cart only to have them disappear within literal seconds.

Forbes Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwallace/2021/08/08/gamers-frustrated-response-to-sony-not-a-ps5/