Debate: who is the best beanie baby

now,........ this is a tough debate, and yes there's a lot of possibility... there's so many of these powerful little creatures to pick from but i... think i can make my case. My opinion may be controversial, but the onision forums is exactly the place for such controversial, harrowing debate. I now present my case, and I hope you open your head and heart to my argument. EXHIBIT A
image.thumb.png.ad8a7660306ed9d15e509b2996b80bfe.png
monky. he is monky and his name is fumbles and he is the best. you could perhaps change my mind, but it'll be a tough sway as he is fumbles the monkey AND he is fuzzy, however i am willing to hear out the opinion of any esteemed beanie baby connoisseur. HOWEVER, I will provide my last piece of evidence before I close off my post. EXHIBIT B (b for boom because this is mindeblowing)
1512228743_images(5).jpg.9c81dbd4db1b88baa0bcecb88c1f167b.jpg
look at him. he is so ****ing cool. I apologize for making such a strong argument, I know I've provided a tough case for anyone with opposing opinions but I hope you are willing to chip ur 2 cents into my debate all beanie fans welcome.

• Heart 1
  • Funny 2

@Slunky you are one interesting character and I applaud you on your amazing presentation skills. 👏

You have made a compelling argument concerning a subject I am ill-equipped to debate on due to my lack of knowledge. This led me to search out further information via the internet, a trustworthy and reliable source of information on all matters.

As a result of my research findings, I present to you a counter-argument to your defense that Fumbles is the best beanie baby.

EXHIBIT A - Value

Since beanie babies are collectible items, it can be argued that the best beanie baby is the one that holds the most value or monetary worth. I searched the value of Fumbles and the highest going rate that could be found is roughly $25.

Screenshot_20210712-023026_Chrome.thumb.jpg.14380769ff8dd96c841691a7541b6a9c.jpg

This would be the going rate for a Fumbles in mint condition. From your photo, it appears as if you play with your Fumbles, so it is reasonable for me to deduce that your Fumbles is in less than mint condition. Therefore, I can purport that your Fumbles' value is less than the going rate of $25.

EXHIBIT B (B is for BANGARANG because it blows your entire argument away)

The most valuable stand-alone beanie baby that I could find is Weenie the Dachshund beanie baby. There are other beanie babies that were more valuable, but only when offered as a set in conjunction with other beanie babies.

Screenshot_20210712-022845_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6626eaa0c9199c9d67cdda70241e1d2c.jpg

As you can see, Weenie holds a much higher monetary value than Fumbles. My argument is that Weenie is the best beanie baby because it holds the most investment value. I will also argue that Dachshunds are pretty ****ing cool too. They are cute hot dogs with short little legs.

Now, I propose that we let our audience decide who is the better beanie baby between Fumbles and Weenie. Please feel free to put in your vote, but please also include why you chose one beanie baby over the other. 

• Funny 2

your passion for this monkey nearly convinced me.. if it wasn't for Swirly the Snail i might have agreed. now, i don't have a huge argument, and quite honestly this little guy is worth close to nothing in my full collection (around 9,000 in value.) however, look at the guy. spacer.png beautiful blue eyes like a cloudless sky. adorable whiskers, kinda like a catfish. very smushed mouth. irregular shaped fella!! not to mention every swirly the snail is different for its unique multicolor fabric! every swirly is its own swirly. love the swirly. 

• Heart 1
  • Funny 1

On 7/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, Slunky said:

now,........ this is a tough debate, and yes there's a lot of possibility... there's so many of these powerful little creatures to pick from but i... think i can make my case. My opinion may be controversial, but the onision forums is exactly the place for such controversial, harrowing debate. I now present my case, and I hope you open your head and heart to my argument. EXHIBIT A
image.thumb.png.ad8a7660306ed9d15e509b2996b80bfe.png
monky. he is monky and his name is fumbles and he is the best. you could perhaps change my mind, but it'll be a tough sway as he is fumbles the monkey AND he is fuzzy, however i am willing to hear out the opinion of any esteemed beanie baby connoisseur. HOWEVER, I will provide my last piece of evidence before I close off my post. EXHIBIT B (b for boom because this is mindeblowing)
1512228743_images(5).jpg.9c81dbd4db1b88baa0bcecb88c1f167b.jpg
look at him. he is so ****ing cool. I apologize for making such a strong argument, I know I've provided a tough case for anyone with opposing opinions but I hope you are willing to chip ur 2 cents into my debate all beanie fans welcome.

The Princess Diana one, look how much it’s worth according to this article I found?

AADD72E6-9823-4BD9-801A-CCB44C9E290E.thumb.jpeg.ead34ed055c5d911857cbc7a77c49350.jpeg

I used to collect beanie babies, and put tag protectors on them. I still have them in a big plastic storage container.

Edited by paperandsky
  • Heart 2

1 hour ago, paperandsky said:

The Princess Diana one, look how much it’s worth according to this article I found?

AADD72E6-9823-4BD9-801A-CCB44C9E290E.thumb.jpeg.ead34ed055c5d911857cbc7a77c49350.jpeg

I used to collect beanie babies, and put tag protectors on them. I still have them in a big plastic storage container.

the princess diana one is actually only priced so high because of 3 manufacturing defects - its rare to find these defects. i have a total of 4 princess dianas and they truly only come up to about 400 dollars alone, just because they were manufactured in a regular way but they still have value since people are deluded into hunting for them. in the grand scheme of things, the princess diana bear is impossible to tell a true price without being able to verify the defects yourself.