Would you date yourself?

20 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

mila kunis GIF

So...would you date yourself?

Why or why not?

That's an opening to inadvertently saying that if you wouldn't date YOU. Then why should anyone else?

It's kind of saying you love yourself enough to love someone else.

So yeah. I'd date me. I respect myself that much.

• Star 1

Uuuhhh, hmmmm. I honestly don't know! Lmfao! I know how I can be extremely difficult, but I also know why and how someone could get past my inner demons if they tried and handled me properly. 🤔 I know my own heart and character and so the inner me wants to say of course I would date me!

But I have to be realistic that a normal person wouldn't know all that and would have to figure it out, which I don't make easy, lol. I'm not unpleasant, just...complicated and hard to figure out. But I myself am drawn to other "non-normal" people so 🤷

• Star 1

• Elites

I feel self centered saying this but yeah I guess..? lmao I’m pretty annoying but like in a good way some times. When my heart is in it there should be no doubt about it. I’m pretty lame but I think that’s cool.

• Star 1

33 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

Yes. Even if I got annoyed I know that I'm a giver and do a LOT of stuff. Dating me the other me would never have to do an overwhelming amount of housework because I'm great at getting stuff done as soon as I make a mess. I am a very clean person who is very active and quick. Constantly doing things. Also I would know how to deal with me. Like knowing to schedule together time or like just knowing to talk to the other me would solve most issues.  

I feel you there. 💕 This made me think a lot about my own question.  I feel like I know myself in ways that I know what I'd need. Being a giver is a rewarding feeling & knowing you did and can make an impact to help is pretty amazing. I'm starting to feel like I'd date myself too, but still I know my flaws so working on those raises my happiness. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just "too much" in ways, but other ways I'm really laid back. I should really ask someone I know if they feel I balance out these things. A lot of people just laugh, and are thankful that I listen to them, or help them. But I dont receive much feedback other than I get really excited over little things, my humor is "odd", and I can go MIA, just to feel restored. Like today "I haven't heard from you recently, I was worried". If I feel there's too much around me, I take a break, but only when I finish my tasks. It's not out of character for me to not tell anyone when I'm going somewhere else for awhile, so maybe that would be a struggle. 

• Heart 1

If I was att**ctive probably yeah. But I'm not att**cted to myself, like I don't look in the mirror and say "YEAH BABY! THAT'S WHAT I'M INTO!!!!"

So... it would be a tough sell unless you just put my mind into... probably a woman's body... around the age of 25-47

• Star 2

Well, I like the fact that I know I'm very loyal and committed and that goes a long way.  But... couldn't be less att**cted to myself lol

Edited by Ann
  • Heart 1
  • Star 1