What’s the last book you read?

Poper

31 minutes ago, Poper said:

Gamings fun and all, but when was the last time you picked up a good book? What’s your favorite book you’ve read? Any recommendations? I need a new good book to get!

What kind of genre do you like? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Mystery? Romance?

Oh, I have some favorites! I forgot to get back to this topic. I don't know if people are book series type people, but I prefer a series.

Terry Goodkind is a good author and I really enjoyed his Sword of Truth book series. Slow start but worth it if you dig in. I would classify this as fantasy.

Raymond E Feist has many different series and some of them are inter-related. It is also a fantasy genre, but I got hooked onto him from a male friend who was reading his books. One of my ex's who h*tes to read even read all of my books of his that I have. He's quite good and apparently has the male approval as well.

George R R Martin, who might sound familiar because he's the author of the Game of Thrones books that the TV show is based off of. I actually read all of the books before the TV series was ever produced. Obviously this is also a fantasy genre as well. The books are better than the TV show.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series started  by Stieg Larsson. I read the books of these before the movie as well. I suppose I would classify the series as mystery. The books are better than the movies (the books are always better than the Hollywood version imo).

If you're into horror, then anything by Stephen King. He writes some messed up stuff that they can't even put in the movies. 

Ok, last one. Another fantasy series (can you tell my favorite genre). Author Christopher Paolini has a series called The Inheritance Cycle I really liked. It's about dragons!

There a million good stand alone books and authors out there too. I could suggest stuff all day long so I'll stop there.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

1 minute ago, OldGreqq said:

Oh, I have some favorites! I forgot to get back to this topic. I don't know if people are book series type people, but I prefer a series.

Terry Goodkind is a good author and I really enjoyed his Sword of Truth book series. Slow start but worth it if you dig in. I would classify this as fantasy.

Raymond E Feist has many different series and some of them are inter-related. It is also a fantasy genre, but I got hooked onto him from a male friend who was reading his books. One of my ex's who h*tes to read even read all of my books of his that I have. He's quite good and apparently has the male approval as well.

George R R Martin, who might sound familiar because he's the author of the Game of Thrones books that the TV show is based off of. I actually read all of the books before the TV series was ever produced. Obviously this is also a fantasy genre as well. The books are better than the TV show.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series started  by Stieg Larsson. I read the books of these before the movie as well. I suppose I would classify the series as mystery. The books are better than the movies (the books are always better than the Hollywood version imo).

If you're into horror, then anything by Stephen King. He writes some messed up stuff that they can't even put in the movies. 

Ok, last one. Another fantasy series (can you tell my favorite genre). Author Christopher Paolini has a series called The Inheritance Cycle I really liked. It's about dragons!

There a million good stand alone books and authors out there too. I could suggest stuff all day long so I'll stop there.

Thank you so much! I’m going to the library soon, so I wanted to go in there with some ideas in mind! Much love! 💕📚☺️

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Skoobie123 said:

Thank you so much! I’m going to the library soon, so I wanted to go in there with some ideas in mind! Much love! 💕📚☺️

Ok one more I forgot, lol! Robert E Jordan is the author and wrote the Wheel of Time series.

P.S. What is that word that got censored in your response? I see it a lot in other posts and my brain can't fill in the word it's supposed to be like it can with other censored words. It's driving me nuts since I don't know what it is!

• Heart 1

Just now, OldGreqq said:

Ok one more I forgot, lol! Robert E Jordan is the author and wrote the Wheel of Time series.

P.S. What is that word that got censored in your response? I see it a lot in other posts and my brain can't fill in the word it's supposed to be like it can with other censored words. It's driving me nuts since I don't know what it is!

Thank you! And I think it was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e haha 

2 minutes ago, Skoobie123 said:

Thank you! And I think it was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e haha 

Thank you! You don't know how much that has been bugging me not being able to figure that word out, lol. Kinda silly, I know. 😜

Edited by OldGreqq

• Elites

I've been reading a lovely, sweeping historical novel called Prairie by Anna Lee Waldo. It's a really obscure book, which is sad and kind of strange considering Waldo's earlier book Sacajawea (obviously historical as well) was a huge bestseller. It tells the true story of Wild West legend Charles Burton Irwin and his family. Really fascinating stuff and a great mix of adventure amd romance, offering an accurate look back at an exciting period of the recent past.

3 hours ago, Terminated said:

The Catcher In The Rye

I've read it multiple times. Probably really is my favorite book. 

Such a good book! 👍 

Have you ever seen the movies "Rebel in the Rye" or "Coming Through the Rye?" Neither movie got the greatest ratings but I liked them both.