Jump to content

Do you struggle with your mental health ? Are you on meds ? How does it affect you?


Recommended Posts

I've had migraine since I was in fifth grade every doctor we visited had different opinions on migraine . Some went as far as to say it's not a real thing . It's really affected my education . There isn't a day that I haven't had a headache which is a horrible experience. It has so many triggers and the only way I could subdue it was either with meds or puking my guts out or sleep . I used to puke till I passed out which slowly turned into an unhealthy ed . I was also put on anxiety meds to the point it triggered psychosis . At this point in my life I'm off meds and everyday is a struggle. I don't want to seek help ,I want to get over my fears and ask for help someday hopefully 🙂

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Elites

I’m currently not on any med*cations for anything. I’m in therapy right now but my appointments are very far apart usually. I used to be medicated for both of those, on different med*cations on and off over the years but I always end up feeling a bit hollow so I’m not on anything right now. Everybody is different. My anxiety affects me the most but I really like my job a lot so that definitely helps. 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got several "Problems" regarding mental health specially a problem with going outside between others and socialize. / anxiety  I totaly go into Panic mode then 😕

med*cations i only have some drops i can take if i cant handle it anymore but normally i use Cannabis to relax and be calmer around others which helps alot. (Allthough with mental health problems you have to really watch out with cannabis since it can also trigger hidden psychosis) 

What i learned is that Chatting can help me alot i used to write with a Emergency Email Help for Teens and Young adults with such Problems up to Suicidal Thoughts etc and they helped me alot even if it was just 1 Email a week to talk about the week and how i feel etc. 

And that was just the thing which i have to work with currently. Luckely i came over my suicidial thoughts and attempts with the help of my Partner 🙂

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Brookeireland said:

I’m currently not on any med*cations for anything. I’m in therapy right now but my appointments are very far apart usually. I used to be medicated for both of those, on different med*cations on and off over the years but I always end up feeling a bit hollow so I’m not on anything right now. Everybody is different. My anxiety affects me the most but I really like my job a lot so that definitely helps. 

Meds really mess you up and you really do lose touch with reality ,it makes us feel so empty . I'm glad you have a job that you like , it's like an escape and it really does help even if you don't notice it. I hope you make good progress with your therapy and get to a point where you're comfortable and happy 🙂

26 minutes ago, MisaNeko420 said:

I got several "Problems" regarding mental health specially a problem with going outside between others and socialize. / anxiety  I totaly go into Panic mode then 😕

med*cations i only have some drops i can take if i cant handle it anymore but normally i use Cannabis to relax and be calmer around others which helps alot. (Allthough with mental health problems you have to really watch out with cannabis since it can also trigger hidden psychosis) 

What i learned is that Chatting can help me alot i used to write with a Emergency Email Help for Teens and Young adults with such Problems up to Suicidal Thoughts etc and they helped me alot even if it was just 1 Email a week to talk about the week and how i feel etc. 

And that was just the thing which i have to work with currently. Luckely i came over my suicidial thoughts and attempts with the help of my Partner 🙂

I feel so good hearing that you're over your suicidal thoughts and you have a loving and supportive partner . I bet you're proud of yourself when you see how far you've made it in life . Anxiety is so indescribable I still can't seem to understand how it's affecting me ,it is so complex . Fascinating how the human brain is! I've got to be honest I've had my struggles with m******a from a young age and it really has affected me real bad . I went from having no idea what it was to a point where it was replaced food in my day to day life . But now I'm much more sane compared to that dark place I was in . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Elites
17 minutes ago, Kaehx said:

Meds really mess you up and you really do lose touch with reality ,it makes us feel so empty . I'm glad you have a job that you like , it's like an escape and it really does help even if you don't notice it. I hope you make good progress with your therapy and get to a point where you're comfortable and happy 🙂

Oh gosh thank you. I hope you find a way to improve those monster migraines! 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have brain issues, convulsion related and I'm getting diagnosed soon.( When I am too stressed my heart beat drops and I faint, sometimes if it drops way too fast I convulse, and it makes me feel tired for a few days, so my improvements get slowed)

Although my mental health is at its best when I'm with a healthy behavior. I felt a few weeks ago like I was hitting rock bottom so I am working on it.

Despites the fact that I used to be the kind of person that just "spent hours alone doing exercise"  now I cannot be just "lost in the middle of nowhere" , well , I shouldn't. 

Today I've realized that I have to find a happy medium because I almost felt asleep in the middle of my come back to home. 

That's the physical aspect. Then the mental is more complicated to explain . It could be easier seeing it.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

I have brain issues, convulsion related and I'm getting diagnosed soon.( When I am too stressed my heart beat drops and I faint, sometimes if it drops way too fast I convulse, and it makes me feel tired for a few days, so my improvements get slowed)

Although my mental health is at its best when I'm with a healthy behavior. I felt a few weeks ago like I was hitting rock bottom so I am working on it.

Despites the fact that I used to be the kind of person that just "spent hours alone doing exercise"  now I cannot be just "lost in the middle of nowhere" , well , I shouldn't. 

Today I've realized that I have to find a happy medium because I almost felt asleep in the middle of my come back to home. 

That's the physical aspect. Then the mental is more complicated to explain . It could be easier seeing it.

I hope you can maintain a healthy lifestyle with ease in order to keep your mental health in check. I also hope you get diagnosed so you can take the next steps towards finding a way to deal with it . Finding a happy medium is hard work but once you find it you will Benefit more from it . Wishing you the best with your mental health and well-being xo

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kaehx said:

I hope you can maintain a healthy lifestyle with ease in order to keep your mental health in check. I also hope you get diagnosed so you can take the next steps towards finding a way to deal with it . Finding a happy medium is hard work but once you find it you will Benefit more from it . Wishing you the best with your mental health and well-being xo

Thank you a lot!!! I have a positive mindset and it helps a lot xx Wishing the best to you all too ❤️❤️

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have depression and bpd, i was on antidepressants, sleeping pills, xanax and antipsychotics. It helped me in some ways, i felt less pain and have less thoughts. But on the other hand it made me feel complitly d**d and empty and my suicidal thoughts became even worse. I attempted s******e few times every time when i was on med*cations. Im still on antidepressants and antipsychotics but in smaller doses, i also started smoking weed, and im better now. Its ironic how antidepressants can make your suicidal thoughts worse, they were really bad even though i felt less pain it was like a need, its confusing, but i know its not always the case.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, hhana2859 said:

I have depression and bpd, i was on antidepressants, sleeping pills, xanax and antipsychotics. It helped me in some ways, i felt less pain and have less thoughts. But on the other hand it made me feel complitly d**d and empty and my suicidal thoughts became even worse. I attempted s******e few times every time when i was on med*cations. Im still on antidepressants and antipsychotics but in smaller doses, i also started smoking weed, and im better now. Its ironic how antidepressants can make your suicidal thoughts worse, they were really bad even though i felt less pain it was like a need, its confusing, but i know its not always the case.

Meds are so messed up , I'm sorry you've had such a tough journey . But I do hope you find your happiness and comfort zone xx. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I struggle with an anxiety / depression combination. I've been diagnosed a number of things, but since every doctor decides to give me a different diagnosis, I don't take stock in their labels and just go with a blanket self-diagnosis of "I have issues."

I've been prescribed a number of different meds over the years (Ritalin, Prozac, Lexapro, and some others I don't remember the name of), but I have opted to go the no med route. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but I've gotten myself to a "good enough" place mentally that I can manage my issues on my own. Meds just make me feel yuck like others have already mentioned. The only thing I'm currently prescribed is Tarazadone because I struggle with insomnia. Even that I don't take on the regular though. I only take it when I get so sleep deprived that I make myself sick (I get k****r headaches when I get super sleep deprived).

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I go through anxiety, depression, ptsd, abandonment issues, Suicidal thoughts. I should be on meds but I’m not. I’ll admit I have a past issue of abusing med*cation and I don’t wanna go down that road again. Some days are good some bad. Example today is a meh day. I feel like it’s sadly gonna be one of those days 😔 

Edited by Amanda K
  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Amanda K said:

I go through anxiety, depression, ptsd, abandonment issues, Suicidal thoughts. I should be on meds but I’m not. I’ll admit I have a past issue of abusing med*cation and I don’t wanna go down that road again. Some days are good some bad. Example today is a meh day. I feel like it’s sadly gonna be one of those days 😔 

You should feel really proud of yourself for being able to not relay on abusing  med*cation again. I have a few friends that are on meds for different anxiety, psychosis crisis and I can tell you. The more you relay on medicine the worst. Sometimes it's inevitable, but If you are able to do the hard hard work, it will always be a better option.

I hope you can slowly but surely improve and get less bad days!!

For example, from my perspective with convulsions, if you have a healthy lifestyle, and a routine, (get quality amount of hours of sleep ) stay away from weird lightenings, you will have less complications.

Most of the mental disease, brain damage it's really complicated finding a proper diagnose, so you better start understanding with a professional of course, how your body reacts and how can you do to stay safe.

I've been told that most of the times the prescription made for someone that has just have a crisis , it is not that "well made" and it's difficult getting the correct med*cation "at first sight". So if it's too much and you get addicted to it. It ends up being even worse than before.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SummertimmeSahneh said:

You should feel really proud of yourself for being able to not relay on abusing  med*cation again. I have a few friends that are on meds for different anxiety, psychosis crisis and I can tell you. The more you relay on medicine the worst. Sometimes it's inevitable, but If you are able to do the hard hard work, it will always be a better option.

I hope you can slowly but surely improve and get less bad days!!

For example, from my perspective with convulsions, if you have a healthy lifestyle, and a routine, (get quality amount of hours of sleep ) stay away from weird lightenings, you will have less complications.

Most of the mental disease, brain damage it's really complicated finding a proper diagnose, so you better start understanding with a professional of course, how your body reacts and how can you do to stay safe.

I've been told that most of the times the prescription made for someone that has just have a crisis , it is not that "well made" and it's difficult getting the correct med*cation "at first sight". So if it's too much and you get addicted to it. It ends up being even worse than before.

It’s been a struggle i use to ab**e my meds so bad it was messing up my stomach. I try some other alternatives that does help. It would be a plus to get a decent sleep schedule but it’s a challenge. 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OldGreqq said:

I struggle with an anxiety / depression combination. I've been diagnosed a number of things, but since every doctor decides to give me a different diagnosis, I don't take stock in their labels and just go with a blanket self-diagnosis of "I have issues."

I've been prescribed a number of different meds over the years (Ritalin, Prozac, Lexapro, and some others I don't remember the name of), but I have opted to go the no med route. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but I've gotten myself to a "good enough" place mentally that I can manage my issues on my own. Meds just make me feel yuck like others have already mentioned. The only thing I'm currently prescribed is Tarazadone because I struggle with insomnia. Even that I don't take on the regular though. I only take it when I get so sleep deprived that I make myself sick (I get k****r headaches when I get super sleep deprived).

Even if we choose the no meds route there's always a healthy alternative that might work for you but you need to work hard to find that alternative . But I'm glad you're in stable and better place 🙂 stay safe you .

55 minutes ago, Amanda K said:

It’s been a struggle i use to ab**e my meds so bad it was messing up my stomach. I try some other alternatives that does help. It would be a plus to get a decent sleep schedule but it’s a challenge. 

When we ab**e certain things it's usually a cover up and if quit we always find another thing to ab**e but if you get throught it somehow you begin to appreciate the little things and live life a bit more 'normal' .

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've struggled with anger and depression. Been on med*cations in the past tense. Those med*cations that the osteopathic physician puts you on are really hard on your liver and kidneys long term. 

So I quit taking them. The major factors that solved my problems was my divorce and the removal of tox*c people in my life. The next thing I've done is self control and alone time to think. 

Sometimes yard work or going for a walk are good stress relievers.

Do som*thing thar makes you feel accomplished no matter how small that accomplishment is. As long as it makes you feel a tiny bit better.

  • Heart 2
  • Star 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm finally on a low dose of little meds for my mental state. I'm scared of meds. So the less the better. Between 15-20 years they've put me on meds of different categories (& sometimes at the same time!) & for being at a young age I shouldn't have been on them. I've had several severe side effects & they messed with my life. Yeah, you could say I'm a resentful little lab rat when speaking on this issue.. All I needed was someone to trust that I could talk to. I didn't have that & it took several years to obtain it. I studied through a family members manual to figure out what was wrong with me when I was very young, went through my own classes. But I found what I truly needed...& I hope you all do too ❤

I feel alot healthier in my age now & mental state. I have a therapist who understands and listens. I can't help my out of the blue panic ******s, or the nightmares that appear. But I have a great support system, and I use my coping skills. I've struggled yeah. Multiple hospital stays, the meds, the bad thoughts, the long years, er visits, but I'm finally at a better place than I ever was. & I'm determined to keep it up. I have the low dose/count meds that help, and the skills I use. It's been a long road, and I wish you all the love and support you need ❤

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...