Popular shows that you question why people watch them?

I did watch 90 Day Fiance for a time. Until I grew very bored of it and quit watching it. It's just men getting with foreign women or women getting with some douche bag in another country and then all they do is fight fight fight. It got real old. The people on there act like idiots and seem to lack common sense. 

giphy.gif

• Star 1

Posted (edited)

The majority of reality TV. It does not appeal to me because I know that a lot of it is still scripted / rigged / or just unrelatable to real life. The Bachelor  / Bachelorette, Teen Mom, The Real Housewives, etc. I don't see the point in it and I don't find it entertaining. 

Edited by OldGreqq
Typo
  • Star 1

I have a question for you all too. When "got talent"/"idol" first appeared (I was younger then) I would giggle at those who made a t*****e score/obviously couldn't sing.

Do you believe these people were real? Or perhaps it's darker than that. They let people through, maybe those who had some mental issues just for "amus*****nt" purposes. 😒 honestly wouldn't put that idea past these people, now that I look back on it. 

I don't watch that stuff anymore so I don't know if they still do that.

6 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I have a question for you all too. When "got talent"/"idol" first appeared (I was younger then) I would giggle at those who made a t*****e score/obviously couldn't sing.

Do you believe these people were real? Or perhaps it's darker than that. They let people through, maybe those who had some mental issues just for "amus*****nt" purposes. 😒 honestly wouldn't put that idea past these people, now that I look back on it. 

I don't watch that stuff anymore so I don't know if they still do that.

I always got the impression that they let some bad ones through for amus*****nt purposes and to add some drama.

• Star 1

i think it's called american Idol? the judges act.. embarrassing? maybe that's not the word, but theyre so rude and the people just eat it up. just.. why?? i get second hand embarrassment from unnecessary conflict. straight up bashing the contestants and laughing at them- when theyre suppose to be giving legitimate critique 

• Star 1

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

i think it's called american Idol? the judges act.. embarrassing? maybe that's not the word, but theyre so rude and the people just eat it up. just.. why?? i get second hand embarrassment from unnecessary conflict. straight up bashing the contestants and laughing at them- when theyre suppose to be giving legitimate critique 

Yep! It's definitely been confirmed to me that these people are being used for "amus*****nt" purposes. Some I believe may even have disabilities... I can't watch it anymore (I did when I was younger) it's not cool to laugh and mock people like that. 

• Heart 1

Back in the day.. Jersey Shore. That show was such a trainwreck that it made me uncomfortable, yet people loved watching these people.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:00 PM, OldGreqq said:

The majority of reality TV. It does not appeal to me because I know that a lot of it is still scripted / rigged / or just unrelatable to real life. The Bachelor  / Bachelorette, Teen Mom, The Real Housewives, etc. I don't see the point in it and I don't find it entertaining. 

I think people watch those shows because they like watching people fight which each other.

• Star 2

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Keeping Up With The Kardashians gets my vote too. I kinda dislike celeb reality/fly on the wall shows. 

The other reality shows I get why people watch them because people like to gawk at the trainwreck/freak show. The Kardashians are just boring and I think people watch them to vicariously live through their rich and glamorous lifestyle. I don’t enjoy watching any of these shows though.

• Heart 1

Rick and morty.

joking I love that show. But the crowd who thinks it is deep is like….bro no, just have fun. 

Love island or big brother or any other show where the point is to stick a lot of “hot” plastic Barbie people in a fancy house and hope they bone is such a snore fest to me. 

prager U and YouTube shows like it can d*e as well. 

• Star 1

Sherlock holmes specifically the one with Benedict Cumberbatch, like it's just objectively not good or Interesting. The acting isnt bad but it just runs the whole sherlock gimmick imo. Not to mention it really goes downhill after season 3.

• Star 1