Is Giving Up Good?

Having another k*d. Kinda sorta have given up on relationships too (but not completely) and finding someone I fit well with. I can fit with anyone if I choose to change who I am to fit them and I'm not willing to do that, lol. 

I gave up on all of my dreams when I was a teen in high school. I had imaginary high standards and not to mention delusions of grandeur. I thought I was going to be rich one day. None of that happened. 

My teachers sat down with me. They basically told me to snap out of it. I struggled in school. I basically woke up from the fantasy world that I was living in. Reality slapped me in the face. I ended up just going into work right after I dropped out. I have my own house and car. I think I've done well for myself. 

giphy.gif

• Star 1

• Mod
1 minute ago, t*rminated said:

Is your channel still up or did you shut it down?

It's still up but I deleted the videos. I quit making them a few years ago. I just use my account to watch videos.

1 minute ago, k*itlind said:

It's still up but I deleted the videos. I quit making them a few years ago. I just use my account to watch videos.

Sorry it didn't pan out for you. 

What was the focus of your channel?

• Mod
Just now, t*rminated said:

Sorry it didn't pan out for you. 

What was the focus of your channel?

It's ok and I just made all kinds of videos that were popular to do at the time. I think I was trying too hard but I had a few people tell me they were fans, which was nice. I just got bored because my videos weren't getting many views or comments.

• Elites
1 hour ago, t*rminated said:

I gave up on all of my dreams when I was a teen in high school. I had imaginary high standards and not to mention delusions of grandeur. I thought I was going to be rich one day. None of that happened. 

My teachers sat down with me. They basically told me to snap out of it. I struggled in school. I basically woke up from the fantasy world that I was living in. Reality slapped me in the face. I ended up just going into work right after I dropped out. I have my own house and car. I think I've done well for myself. 

giphy.gif

I feel this , but i am still hoping for grandeur 

On 7/7/2021 at 5:01 PM, Kaitlind said:

It's ok and I just made all kinds of videos that were popular to do at the time. I think I was trying too hard but I had a few people tell me they were fans, which was nice. I just got bored because my videos weren't getting many views or comments.

That s*cks. At least you tried though and gave it your all. You ever think you'll pick it up again?

• Mod
10 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

That s*cks. At least you tried though and gave it your all. You ever think you'll pick it up again?

I don't think so. I'm not really into making videos anymore. Plus I don't like the way I look or sound on camera lol

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I don't think so. I'm not really into making videos anymore. Plus I don't like the way I look or sound on camera lol

I understand. I don't like how I look on camera or how I sound either. It makes me feel insecure and embarrassed. 

• Heart 1

On 7/7/2021 at 6:01 PM, Kaitlind said:

You can always revamp your approach and try again. I think it’s brave to have a YouTube channel, you impress me. It’s hard to guess what people will like too. There are famous you tubers who couldn’t hold a conversation like you and just film themselves incessantly. At least you tried 💜 I’d watch your channel 😊

• Heart 2

• Mod
8 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

You can always revamp your approach and try again. I think it’s brave to have a YouTube channel, you impress me. It’s hard to guess what people will like too. There are famous you tubers who couldn’t hold a conversation like you and just film themselves incessantly. At least you tried 💜 I’d watch your channel 😊

I appreciate that! I'm just not into making videos anymore and it made me cringe watching myself later on lol. Those days are over for me.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I appreciate that! I'm just not into making videos anymore and it made me cringe watching myself later on lol. Those days are over for me.

Aw I do understand 💞 I can’t even listen to my voice in an Instagram story without cringing lol I sound like a chipmunk 🐿 😂 

• Funny 1