How To Identify An Unhealthy Relationship

Posted (edited)

Me and my brother have a tox*c relationship. As a result we don't talk to each other. We have nothing to do with each other. He takes offense to everything I say. He went and told my mom and his dad that I called my sister a bad mother when I never said that. That's just one of many things that he bullsh*its to them about. Not that I like my sister that much either. She and I really don't get along. He makes crap up. Whenever I talk to him that's giving him an opportunity to throw me under the bus. Just the fact I talked to him gives him room to make up stories on what we "supposedly" talked about. He lies a lot to our mom because he gets off on starting fights between me and her. He starts drama and bullsh*it. When my mom and my grandparents are gone. I'm washing my hands of him. I don't love him. I can barely tolerate him and his existence. I really wish my mom had a mis*carriage when she was pregnant with him. If he died tomorrow. I'd take my girlfriend and my k*ids out to celebrate. I'd be happy because he wouldn't be around anymore to stress me out and cause further issues. 

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 1

There are 2 people in my life who are tox*c. My brother and my ex hubby. I have minimal contact with either of them anymore, but they will both be in my life for the rest of my life whether I like it or not. My brother because he's family. My ex hubby because he's my son's father. I've already explained why they're tox*c in other topic posts and don't really feel like repeating myself. I'll just say that they're both narcissistic sociopaths and anyone they come in contact with will eventually be hurt or used by them in some way. 

TW: ab**e, d***s, being told to go off myself, homelessness, and violence.

I freed myself from a tox*c relationship almost a year ago. My ex was physically and mentally ab**ive. Lied about his sobriety and the fact he was doing hardcore d***s. Sometimes I still blame myself, but I know at the end of the day I didn’t deserve any of that ab**e. 

I’m forever grateful for my friends who helped me out of a dark situation. Even if it meant being homeless for a while, I managed to survive and build myself from the ground up again. He was the second ex I ever had that told me to… you know… and when you’re told so many times by people that the world is better of without you.. you wanna start to believe it. 

But I knew I had to keep going, I knew there was a better life for me. I know someone will love me for me. It’s realizing to not settle for trash anymore. I don’t care if it means being single for a while. I want to grow with someone, I’m done playing mommy to people who sit around all day while I drag us up the mountain. 

So to anyone in a bad relationship, know you deserve so much more than they are willing to put on the table. Love yourself, you’re worth so much.

-Leah

So when a relationship is tox*c I kick the people who are tox*c out, then they continue to be tox*c, p********g everywhere I go because that's why I kicked them out in the first place... yeah yikes.

• Star 1

22 minutes ago, Onision said:

So when a relationship is tox*c I kick the people who are tox*c out, then they continue to be tox*c, p********g everywhere I go because that's why I kicked them out in the first place... yeah yikes.

tox*c people will always try to drag you through the mud even when you shut the door behind you. My ex did it with me, he even did it in front a judge and jury when I took him to court. 

But like you at the end of the day. You know who you are, you know where you stand, and you know that tox*c people can’t help but try to make you m*******e because they themselves are m*******e.

What is said in the darkness will be brought to the light. And when it is they’ll scatter like ****roaches.

• Heart 1

• Mod

Good friends just want to see each other improve for the better; helping point out each others flaws in a healthy way can be good for friendships. It's good when we can recognize a tox*c thing and correct it ~ Building one another up can be enlightening as well- and very refreshing.   

hello kitty pink GIF