Would you allow the planet to be annihilated?

If you had the choice would you want/allow planet earth to be completely atomized? Ending all life and history as we know it forever with no reversal?

What would happen to consciousness? Would there be any evidence we existed?

I think if I was the one making the decisions, I would try to enjoy the world in every way that I could before it is gone. The best thing that can be done is to save souls even if it means sacrificing my own soul to do so. I am the kind of person that I would do good for the sake of doing good, even if that good would land me in a quote on quote h**l so that the things I care for can be happy.

Ideally I would like the world to be around enough to have a full life to enjoy and to do my part to help people I care about find hope and peace with themselves. No matter what they have gone through. 

22 minutes ago, Chirsts said:

If you had the choice would you want/allow planet earth to be completely atomized? Ending all life and history as we know it forever with no reversal?

What would happen to consciousness? Would there be any evidence we existed?

Why would anyone want that?

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Onision said:

Maybe someone feels as if our world is so far gone that it needs to just be scratched. I don’t, but I have a feeling someone does. At least that is what my significant other says jokingly sometimes when he watches the news. Lol

Just now, Iampinecone said:

Maybe someone feels as if our world is so far gone that it needs to just be scratched. I don’t, but I have a feeling someone does. At least that is what my significant other says jokingly sometimes when he watches the news. Lol

Oh I've heard that before... the news makes us all look nuts.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Onision said:

My thoughts exactly. 

46 minutes ago, Chirsts said:

If you had the choice would you want/allow planet earth to be completely atomized?

No. Not interested in mass global genocide and extinction. I'll pass on it. 

Ending all life and history as we know it forever with no reversal?

No.

What would happen to consciousness? 

From the perspective of an Atheist / non believer and medically speaking. Most doctors have studied that the consciousness ends when the brain dies. The brain is the platform for which the mind is able to work and exist. When you break or smash the brain, the mind quits working. Look to Consciousness after d**th. 

d**th is the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. d**th was once defined as the cessation of heartbeat (cardiac arrest) and of breathing, but the development of CPR and prompt defibrillation have rendered that definition inadequate because breathing and heartbeat can sometimes be restarted. Events that were causally linked to d**th in the past no longer end in all circ*mstances; without a functioning heart or lungs, life can sometimes be sustained with a combination of life support devices, organ transplants and artificial pacemakers.[citation needed]

Today, where a definition of the moment of d**th is required, doctors and coroners usually turn to "brain d**th" or "biological d**th" to define a person as being d**d; brain d**th being defined as the complete and irreversible loss of brain function (including involuntary activity necessary to sustain life).[15][16][17][18]

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness_after_d***h

Would there be any evidence we existed?

Probably not if you said it was atomized. There'd be no trace of us left. 

Edited by Terminated

8 minutes ago, Iampinecone said:

Question is, how would the world end up being annihilated? Does anyone have any links of theology or sources of how this could happen?

No one knows. Christian Mythology is really vague on the subject. 

41 minutes ago, Onision said:

I don't know I was just wondering if with zero pain, zero foreknowledge and no suffering whatsoever. Basically the entire planet would cease to exist. Would that be a useful thing?

11 minutes ago, Iampinecone said:

Question is, how would the world end up being annihilated? Does anyone have any links of theology or sources of how this could happen?

No idea.. I was wondering what if every atom separated from every atom around it all at one moment.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Chirsts said:

I don't know I was just wondering if with zero pain, zero foreknowledge and no suffering whatsoever. Basically the entire planet would cease to exist. Would that be a useful thing?

No idea.. I was wondering what if every atom separated from every atom around it all at one moment.

lol no.  I guess if you're real curious.

I suppose you could look up  mythical theological stories of different religions on the end of the world, none of those have ever happened and they sound off of the wall. OR You could go on Google and look up scientific and hypothetical theories on the Earth ending. 

But honestly. Did you watch som*thing on tv or read som*thing in a book to come on here and ask this question?

Edited by Terminated

1 minute ago, Chirsts said:

Just had the thought. It's nothing serious.

Well, there's several theories. Go to this page and read about omnicide. It gives scientific scenarios on mass human extinction. Very interesting.

Human extinction is the hypothetical end of the human species due to either natural causes such as an asteroid impact or large-scale volcanism, or anthropogenic (human) causes, also known as omnicide. For the latter, some of the many possible contributors include climate change, global nuclear annihilation, biological warfare and ecological collapse. Other scenarios center on emerging technologies, such as advanced artificial intelligence, biotechnology, or self-replicating nanobots. Scientists say there is relatively low risk of near term human extinction due to natural causes.[2] The likelihood of human extinction through our own activities, however, is a current area of research and debate.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_extinction