Is It Ok To Be Needy In A Relationship?

Are you a needy person? 

Are you always all over your boyfriend/ girlfriend? 

Examples are always wanting to hold hands, touching them s*ex*ually, wanting it all of the time, laying on them, holding them close when you're in bed, etc etc.

• Heart 1

I must admit, with the person I am with. I think my biggest weakness is that I get jealous at times. I want attention from him at the worst times and will wait all night until he comes to bed to go to sleep so I can be by him. I do get lonely easily.

Posted (edited)

I get really needy with my girlfriend when I'm sick or don't feel well. No clue why I get like that. The other night when I was sick she kept me company while I was trying to sleep the 24 hour bug that I came down with. I was sweating profusely, had a fever, pounding headache, and a slight cough. 

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 1

I'm going to go with @katherwren and say it depends. In the context of your example, I would say no for myself. I am not a touchy feely kind of person so I don't need constant attention physically. I do however, demand a certain amount of undivided attention in a relationship. If you're always busy or make me feel like second choice then we're going to have a problem.

• Heart 1

I like to be needed. But I also can be a bit needy when I want to connect/relate emotionally. I usually give my significant others space, but hope they understand I need my time with them sometimes... it hasn't worked too often in the past though. But oh well 🤷‍♀️ 😂💕 I feel like I understand them more than they understand me. Maybe I'm asking a little too much sometimes, but then I just leave them alone and spend time with myself. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, PoptartBarbie said:

I used to be. I h**e saying it but have been rejected by him so much that now I don't really try . 

BuT it's for the best because instead of being clingy I've worked more on myself. Like with my free time reading books. Doing art. Just using my alone time for stuff I enjoy anf love 

I feel like I'm on the same page as you. I'm always being productive in my own ways, yet it's like that urge sometimes or "I wish".. I've refused to take other people back into my life though, for good reason...even though they just won't STOP asking me. Why is it that once you finally release these people you they want you back? I don't want to try again and again. 😔

• Heart 1

• Elites

Yes and no. There’s a time and place for everything. Like holding hands in the car? Ace. While we’re out walking no thank you. Sitting on the couch maybe. Intimately, there’s usually a low roar of wanting to pursue that. Lol. It’s great for fun, bonding, and stress relief. Laying down I might hold their arm so I’m not all over them. I like non ***ual physical touch more like petting hair back rubs a quick hug over the shoulders while gaming. Basically I’m up for it especially if the other person asks but there is times I’m like omg back off of me. Just bc we’re not occupying each other’s space doesn’t mean the love suddenly vanished.

• Heart 1

It depends on the relationship, but generally....yes.

As long as you're not absurdly needy where you always have to be around/get som*thing from your partner. You can be "needy" for their presence but still be independent. 

• Elites

I am very needy.

But I am extremely forthcoming about it. 

I even developed a nickname for several years 'Needy', that turned into a Tumblr handle for many years. 

Some people who have known me for years still call me it. And besides, it reminds me of Jennifer's Body.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1