Why Were You Canceled?

Have you ever been canceled before? Like... has someone spread a rumor about you and as a result you lost one or more friends?

What was the rumor? Or... what have you been canceled for?

I was once canceled (lost a friend) because I wrestled without an undershirt on, so through my wrestling outfit you could see, when I was going through puberty, that I had acne on my back...

My friend at the time was so gr*ssed out she just left...

My skin is very clear now (on my back) yet - the emotional scars are probably still there... lol.

sad panda GIF

24 minutes ago, NHChicky said:

Well once a long time ago, (I like weed, have most of my life, i do NOT push its use on anyone, its just my thing) An old ex bf told my girlfriends that I was a narc after we broke up...They drove past me a few times in town giving me the "hairy eye", im like wtf is going on here...SO finally they stopped and said YOUR a NARC??? I look right at them in the eyes and said...If you think im a NARC after JUST smoking my own s***t with ALL of you...then YOU are a fkn idiot!!! Well thats all it took they knew I wasnt a narc and that my ex was spreading rumors, so one of my male friends found him and p*nched him in the face!!! It was epic! He absolutely deserved it! I was annoyed with my friends for only a few moments for being dumb..but i forgave them 🙂 I h**e people who lie and people who lie on me...its just pointless and hurtful 

Man, narcs get a bad rep anyway. If you like law/order, there needs to be people reporting legitimate issues.

8 minutes ago, NHChicky said:

I hear ya 🙂 This was back in the earlier 90s 

I will add tho I dont mess around with the hard stuff...ever, I WILL rat you out if I find out your selling that crap anywhere near me.. I just see weed, and synthetic d***s as very very different.

Hey man, people throw their lives away on alcohol just as much as the other - if people want to have a harder life because they blow their money on som*thing as ridiculous as mood-altering substances, let em. America and what not.

Me personally? It's pretty obvious I never saw the point of them.

Posted (edited)

Some girl from my high school has a weird vendetta against me and told all of my boyfriends (that she knew) that I was a slut. Lmao idk why she hated me so much. She would be nice as s***t to my face, too. 

Editing to clarify that I only had one bf at a time, just, every time I started dating a dude she knew she’d pull the same s***t. 

Edited by Bellamy

3 minutes ago, NHChicky said:

And worst of all when you tell people you have a weed addiction they just laugh at you 😞 Then I just end up feeling like the biggest baby, weed aint that bad...and the cycle begins again 

People can be addicted to anything, not just d***s and alcohol: food, po rn, s ex, gambling, shopping, video games, social media...You name it, someone somewhere probably has an addiction to it.

Sure weed isn't so all consuming and debilitating as other d***s, but any addiction is bad because it takes away your self control, which can leave anyone feeling hopeless. You do you, BUT if you really want to stop (and save a few bucks to boot 😉), then find someone who supports your decision and will hold you accountable. Plus I'd encourage you to find new coping mechanisms. 

Sorry, I hope I don't sound preachy or anything, I'm just passionate about the topic as a recovering addict myself.

• Elites

I helped a fellow professional leave her ab**ive partner who worked in law enforcement.  He went after my reputation for years both online and in real life. They made a website dedicated to hating me, st*lked my home and workplace, wrote me bunk tickets. It was a living nightmare. It finally came to a legal head. I used to have a larger online presence as well and was popular for my work offline but now I stay low key and trust no one.  

• Elites

I lost friends because I spent 52 days inpatient on a psychiatric floor because I wanted to end my own life over A DV situation.  It was broken up between acute and som*thing I would describe as similar to rehab.  

My soon to be here ex husband chased me with a hammer through my house and made many threats against my life and because of a lot of really bad things with that relationship I asked for help.  Refused to talk with police even because I didn’t want him to “get in trouble” I just wanted to feel safe from myself so I didn’t hurt myself.  I still lost friends because he was as such a “great guy” and made everyone believe I was the crazy one and lying until he did the exact same thing to his new GFs after me and now they suddenly believe me

i was moved across country for safety reasons because the threat was deemed credible enough to get away from him and am losing my job (military) because of the mental health diagnosis

I worked ICU for 4 years,  saw d**th pretty frequently and could function just fine but because of my PTSD I’m not reliable,  my remaining friends and my current leadership handle me with k*d gloves because of it.

(I’m willing to bet you can relate to this one)

I let people live In our house, because their apartment wasn’t safe and they were being ab**eive to my partner and he was reacting to their ab**e (reactive ab**e) and made it look as though they were v****ms. It’s a long story but I think the moral of the story is not to let people live in your house even if you think you are doing a good thing people will take advantage of kindness the moment they are given a chance.