Why Do People Like Alcohol?

I never really understood the appeal... I just don't get the whole getting drunk thing... or the taste of... what seems like cleaner... you know?

It kinda feels like... you're drinking som*thing that isn't good for you... it's not natural, like... g**** juice feels... it just seems... bad.

Anyway, what do you think? What's the appeal?

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Heart 1

Everything in moderation, including moderation, after a point that's just ab**e. Alcohol is actually good for you in some ways, just like apples.
lol i'm a bit older but getting into my age, it actually helps to prevent blo.od clots is why i should drink a beer from time to time.. though i am
slacking, i'm not very fond of alcohol myself but just because i don't like som*thing that doesn't make it bad. lol plus you know how that goes
that's typically just general knowledge bending to which ever fit one's purpose or agenda more, everyone's got som*thing their selling.. rather
they maybe products or ideas, not to be too literal-locked within your own spectrum of knowledge. Don't need Merchandise to sell som*thing

like you, trying to sell that alcohol is bad because you don't see the perks and will ignore them either way, as if you're some supreme being. lol
i don't like onions but they still have their properties and health benefits.. i really don't like the flavour or texture bleh, but i'm not judging.. even
if they make your breath stink too when somebody eat's them.. makes it rather offensive but if that's what somebody wants to eat, power to you

lol the POWER to repel me! i actually think it's a lazy cop out for people who are inspired to cook but can't really cook, like "cooking for dummies"
uW yeah, the power of the o****n, never seen that one before. Fun fact: People like to make things LOOK more complicated than they actually are.
Most things aren't that complicated but want to look like they are or actually did som*thing. i'm telling you, as the highly intelligent beings we are
GREATER that any computer, all computer combined.. one being generates more energy every second that all the machines in the world, including
the hydrogen colliders, it's in everybody to not only create but it's in our nature to create. Haven't ya ever seen "Humans" on The Nature Channels?
though, again, can never take much to the bank, it's in our nature to create lol even when it comes to stuff that's supposed to be educational, bleeh

all these talks about cancelling etc would be wonderful if original creators stood more of a chance on platforms, people do require a creative release.
kind of sick of the romanticizing of truly dark things.. or should i say evil, while we're restricted and force fed. It is never good for anything but selling  
stuff that's generally just loading a few pockets. but hey, that's one way to keep the economy up while maintaining population control.. okay .. okay ..
think i'm just going to shut up now, this is about the point a shoes goes flying at me or my account gets t*rminated.. if that happens, i understand lol
it's much safer to STAY ASLEEP, go with the grain, submit my mind, my soul, my spirits, it's really a sure way to get by and make it in this world, *sighs*

I don't really like the taste of alcohol but I like to get drunk because I can forget about my problems for a bit and enjoy the moment (even if I won't remember it the next morning lol)

They used to find pleasure within your very touch...embibed upon its nectar..never feeding such. When your kind words were my breakfast..your laughter was my wine...a single smile intox*cated me...our fingers intertwined...but now the roses have wilted...and I feel you touch no more...the petals have dried and crumbled...they dance upon the floor....instead of your honey kisses...and your embrace so bitter sweet...I get my love from this BOTTLE...LIQUID PLEASURE MY LIPS MEET.

I h**e the taste of it, but having a little bit helps me with my anxiety especially in social situations. Thats why alcoholic cakes are so good because you don't taste anything while also getting the relaxed feeling of being tipsy.  

I can’t stand the taste of alcohol, so I usually drink som*thing super fruity or sweet tasting, the only reason I drink is to feel less. It helps me to not think about all the bad things around me, and helps me calm my nerves. Not that it’s a good coping mechanism but it’s one that I’ve grown accustomed to I suppose.

7 hours ago, Onision said:

Anyway, what do you think? What's the appeal?

I don't drink. I don't like the taste. I absolutely h**e it. What mostly deterred me from drinking is the people throughout my life and what it did to them. 

I think it causes more problems than it solves. Some people just can't have one drink. They have to get good and loaded and then they become someone else's problem. My father and his wife would get loaded in the evenings and then they would get mean and belligerent. My ex wife developed a drinking problem later on in our marriage. I've seen other people act stupid and cause problems who got drunk. 

My former brother in law and his wife would get drunk and fight to the point she would have to leave and go stay at her parents house while he slept it off. 

So no. I don't think anyone should drink. It's not cool or funny. 

• Mod

I never understood why people drink that stuff either. I've tasted certain drinks out of curiosity but they all tasted awful. I don't see the point in getting drunk either. It doesn't seem fun and you wake up with a hangover the next day 🤷

• Star 1

So most of us don't like how it tastes... you'd think the industry would fix this by now, but just social expectations/peer pressure seems to do all the work to compensate for the taste.

Imagine if eating hair or fingernails was socially popular... how many people would follow that trend despite how cringe it is...

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Onision said:

So most of us don't like how it tastes... you'd think the industry would fix this by now, but just social expectations/peer pressure seems to do all the work to compensate for the taste.

Imagine if eating hair or fingernails was socially popular... how many people would follow that trend despite how cringe it is...

I don't think there would be any benefits to that whatsoever tho 😂 most people deal with the bad taste bc they like the effects

19 minutes ago, Onision said:

I think they encourage you to mix it with soda, juice, or make jello shots. Still tastes nasty. 

3119_m.jpg

I tastes t*****e, which is why if I ever have a glass of wine.. I never finish it. I like champagne better. But like @Sierra said, people drink it for the effects, just like every other drug. Personally, it just makes me sleepy.

6 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

I tastes t*****e, which is why if I ever have a glass of wine.. I never finish it. I like champagne better. But like @Sierra said, people drink it for the effects, just like every other drug. Personally, it just makes me sleepy.

I mean champagne is wine, but I like it better than others. 😣

• Elites

So many options and mixes to create I don’t see why people willing drink what tastes horrible. I’ll stick to margaritas, wine or pickle backs. Also I don’t see the appeal of getting drunk but I do have a drink or two just enough to get a buzz. First time drinking I had no clue what I was doing and my “friends” made me drink wayyyyy too much. It hit me all at once and kept coming. I got left in someone’s yard, luckily they saw me and were nice enough to call an ambulance. Drank charcoal and didn’t drink for years after. Still didn’t blackout so tbh I don’t believe when people say they can’t remember what happens when they drink. That’s just me tho. I don’t dare to go overboard or too often. Chill out alone just vibe out to music more deeply and escape.