Reasons you broke up

Posted (edited)

What are the reasons broke up with your exs? Sorry if this is already a topic.

18 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

What are the reasons broke up with your exs? Sorry if this is already a topic.

This can be about why you broke up in general, whether you dumped them or vice-versa, or it was mutual.

Edited by paperandsky

Yes, this is already a topic so I'll just sum mine up shortly since I already gave the long version, but I'll add a couple of things.

Reasons I broke up with other people:

Emotionally ab**ive, financially irresponsible, no job, cheating / players, mooching bums, incompatible personalities 

Reasons other people broke up with me:

Used to be an alcoholic so that was obviously a problem (2.5 years sober now), they were cheating and left me for the other girl, they got scared and couldn't handle the fact that I was considering a guy roommate (dumb, right?), and I don't know for sure, but also probably because I'm a bit...how to put it... I'm a bit of a paradox? conundrum? oxymoron? I'm hard to pin down and figure out is the best way to put it. I'm unpredictable and hard to get to know, and people don't like that in a relationship I guess. I also come with a lot of past baggage. 🤷‍♀️

• Star 1

Posted (edited)

One is my ex wife of 11 years. Too many differences. She was tired of me. She was done. She had a mental and emotional melt down. She started hanging around her psychotic sister. They did d*rugs together. Things got u*gly. It happens. I've made my peace with it.

I met a girl online before my divorce was final. We were together for almost 3 months. She didn't like my daughter. She was selfish. She was greedy. She was a chronic liar. She displayed sociopathic traits and she was very manipulative.  It got to the point I feared for my k*ids. I felt like som*thing really bad was coming. So I ended my relationship with her and that got really u*gly. She lied about being pregnant. She went to my family on Facebook. She upset my mother. She called DFS. She spammed my phone with messages. She totally went ape sh*it.

I felt it was justified.

Edited by Terminated

Usage. Extremely controlling. Cheating. ab**e. Lies.

Lessons learned.  You can't help a person who refuses.  You can't expect healthy relationships when you're not stable yourself, especially with the environment around you.

Take a break.  Work on you. Focus on you. So You're able to give love to a person who will give it right back to you eventually. Always recognize your value. Refuse anyone who has motive to strip that from you. ❤