Is It Bad To Ghost Someone?

• Elites

I haven't ghosted someone. I think ghosting people is rude, unless that person has been disrespectful and has been nothing more than that, then you have every right to do whatever you want by all means - I just personally believe that it can effect people and make them think of themselves as annoying or that there is som*thing wrong with them if people don't talk about why they just don't like the other person anymore, it would just give the OP closure, if you get what I mean. I don't know, I guess I'm rambling.

2 minutes ago, Lilliako said:

I haven't ghosted someone. I think ghosting people is rude, unless that person has been disrespectful and has been nothing more than that, then you have every right to do whatever you want by all means - I just personally believe that it can effect people and make them think of themselves as annoying or that there is som*thing wrong with them if people don't talk about why they just don't like the other person anymore, it would just give the OP closure, if you get what I mean. I don't know, I guess I'm rambling.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way, but at the same time.. if someone is h***ssing me and won’t stop, even if I ask them to, I feel like that’s a tox*c person I don’t want in my life and I have no choice. It depends on the circ*mstances.

• Elites
Just now, paperandsky said:

I know what you mean. I feel the same way, but at the same time.. if someone is h***ssing me and won’t stop, even if I ask them to, I feel like that’s a tox*c person I don’t want in my life and I have no choice. It depends on the circ*mstances.

I mean, that's more like a block than a ghosting situation. Ghosting is just more like, just not talking to the person, ignoring them without explanation. But I guess in a way blocking and ghosting are very similar, man I think of these things WHILE I'm typing. I'm not the brightest tool in the shed.

• Star 1

I've been ghosted before. I take no offense to it. To me it means that the woman is no longer interested in me anymore. 

I try not to ghost but yes. I'm guilty of it because I ended up not liking them or they came on way too strong.

Mostly though If I'm not interested. I'll send a text saying that It's nothing they did wrong. I'm just not feeling it.

• Heart 1

Yes. People are annoying and they always do this thing if you're asleep :

hey

Hey

Why aren't you responding

respond to me now you *****

too good to talk to me?

Those people I don't respond to and put them on ignore. I don't block them because they still like my pictures and statuses sometimes. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, Kaitlind said:

No I haven't and would never do that to someone. It's just rude and I would feel really bad about it. I definitely wouldn't want it done to me so why would I do it to someone else?

Sometimes people react to rejection so badly they’ll do anything they can to hurt you… so just distancing yourself seems safer/more peaceful sometimes.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Mod
15 minutes ago, Onision said:

Sometimes people react to rejection so badly they’ll do anything they can to hurt you… so just distancing yourself seems safer/more peaceful sometimes.

I agree 💯 People will take things so personally at times. If someone ghosted me I would be hurt of course, but I wouldn't want to hurt them. That's no way to be.

2 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I agree 💯 People take things so personally at times. It's best to not even bother with them.

Easier said than done when you don't know who they are. People hide all kinds of things. 

People put on the act that they're this great person and they're really selling it. But they're not. They're lonely and m*iserable.

Ever heard of "fake it until you make it"?

That's them. The person they are behaving as is who they want to be. But it's just an imitation. They can't keep up the good boy act forever.

They are unable to have a successful relationship because of their bad habits and t*oxic personality traits. They're very obstinate and comfortable with their mindset.

I'm sure they'd like to be a good person. But they just don't want to put in the time. Wanting is one thing. Doing is a completely different path. 

However when it all goes to sh*it. They take no responsibility. You're the bad guy. Everything is your fault. That's how they justify it. 

This is common among sociopaths.

• Star 1

• Mod
22 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

Easier said than done when you don't know who they are. People hide all kinds of things. 

People put on the act that they're this great person and they're really selling it. But they're not. They're lonely and m*iserable.

Ever heard of "fake it until you make it"?

That's them. The person they are behaving as is who they want to be. But it's just an imitation. They can't keep up the good boy act forever.

They are unable to have a successful relationship because of their bad habits and t*oxic personality traits. They're very obstinate and comfortable with their mindset.

I'm sure they'd like to be a good person. But they just don't want to put in the time. Wanting is one thing. Doing is a completely different path. 

However when it all goes to sh*it. They take no responsibility. You're the bad guy. Everything is your fault. That's how they justify it. 

This is common among sociopaths.

I actually changed what I said while you were typing this, but you're right. Luckily I haven't had experiences with those types of people but I know they're out there.

• Heart 1

I have ghosted ppl before 😭 and yes it’s wrong without giving a explanation because they can be worried about you or think you don’t want to deal with them anymore. The reason why I’ve done it was because I wasn’t in the mood to keep up with the conversation or sometimes I just need a break from everybody all together and be off the phone for days. I give a explanation after the break but I know I should tell before I do . Tbh I think it’s just a bad habit of mind but ppl that knows me or even people I just met they understand that part of me and I’m so surprise that they still communicate with me up to this day  and very glad because people don’t like to be ghost especially without a word from them 

Ive been working in that area and making sure to tell them ahead of time and give them  reassurance that I still want them to be a part of my life ✨

Edited by Minty

Like I said before, it depends on the circumstances. You can be in a situation where the best option is to ghost them. It’s not an ideal situation to be in, but it happens. Like @Onision said, sometimes people react to rejection badly, so what are you supposed to do? It’s a lose-lose situation.