Do you want to be Immortal?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Two said:

I need specifics.

What type of immortality?

The alive type like Deadpool always regenerating new cells?

Or like the living d**d type like vampires?

It can be any immortality. Your imagination is the limit. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Terminated

No, definitely not. Life would get boring and I would get even more annoyed with people the longer I lived. 🙄 It's hard enough trying to show love and patience in the short life I've lived. I couldn't do it for forever. 

46 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

No, definitely not. Life would get boring and I would get even more annoyed with people the longer I lived. 🙄 It's hard enough trying to show love and patience in the short life I've lived. I couldn't do it for forever. 

It certainly wouldn't be without it's challenges.

You'd have to move every 30 or so years because people would start to notice that you're not aging. 

You'd definitely have to learn how to make money fast and lots of it.

You'd always have to keep a low profile.

If the government found out. They could detain and run endless experiments on you.

You don't ever want to go to p*****n. They'd find out eventually. Even if you got shanked and revived from it.

You'd have plenty of lovers over the centuries. You'd watch them grow old and d*e.

Etcetera etcetera.

I think it'd be difficult doing all of that.

Posted (edited)

I feel like I would eventually get really sad because everyone I know would d*e and I’d still be alive, I already h**e the thought of having to deal with more people in my life d***g when I think about getting older, so no. I mean, maybe if I had k***s and always had some grandkids no matter how old I got.

Edited by paperandsky

Not to mention, that memories fade with time. With an endless stream of people in your life, whether it be lovers, families, friends, you would eventually forget them given enough time. That's really sad imo. It would make you value people and relationships less I think. That's why immortals are always portrayed as being less than human because they just stop caring...

• Elites

Do you differentiate between Immortal and Invincible? Like Elves are Immortal but they can be slain in battle. If I were Immortal and looked the age I do, sure let's run a few centuries and keep journals. With Immortality I get to see the colonization of space, the evolution of video games (can you imagine what the next levels are after vr?)

Plus with Immortality I'd have the time to master all sorts of skillsets. Kungfu and aviation and archery... Learn every language... Sounds cool

On 7/2/2021 at 7:00 AM, t*rminated said:

It can be any immortality. Your imagination is the limit. 

tenor.gif

I choose Deadpool's form of immortality. I'd make bank selling organs on the black market. 🤣

It would get very boring and lonely after a couple hundred years. I'd also get to live to see the end of the world and watch literally everyone I love d*e which would be pretty depressing... no thanks

5 hours ago, Two said:

I choose Deadpool's form of immortality. I'd make bank selling organs on the black market. 🤣

I would want my immortality to come from Machine Phase Matter. This concept was introduced into Terminator 5: Gensys

Nah I think itbwould be emotionally exhausting tbh but if like you could add an extra 80 years of being in your 20s and not aging that would be cool, a little extra time to experience more things out of life ya know

So I'd say a fountain of youth that only stalled the aging process for 1 year that you could choose whether to continue the process or when to stop would be ideal 

On 8/23/2021 at 2:01 AM, Leda said:

yes if I had the option to stop being immortal.. ya know during a nuclear accident or something 

Ah… like the moments in games where you have god mode on then you fall into an pit area you would normally d*e in, but instead just get stuck because… god powers 👍🍀