How Much You Get Paid vs How Much You Wish Your Pay Was...

Hmm... I just want to make enough to get by comfortably - a lot of people think more money equals more happiness, but it doesn't... what equals more happiness is asking yourself what makes you happy, and trying to get there. A lot of times happiness doesn't take a whole lot of money.

So, the goal amount of money is just to be comfortable you know? To not be scared so much.

• Heart 1

I have to agree that I want just enough to be comfortable and not have to worry. I'm sort of there now, but I certainly pay for it at my current job. It's the kind of job that takes and takes and keeps on taking, in the context of expectations, work load, time, etc. I can't do what I'm doing now forever or I will reach burn out and have a meltdown eventually. I'm content to put up with it for a couple more years to save for a house.

I get paid every two weeks, and I make substantially more than I did last year. They gave me a humongous raise because they knew I wasn't happy. I think they thought I was going to leave (I wasn't) even though I never hinted I was going to. 

13 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

I have to agree that I want just enough to be comfortable and not have to worry. I'm sort of there now, but I certainly pay for it at my current job. It's the kind of job that takes and takes and keeps on taking, in the context of expectations, work load, time, etc. I can't do what I'm doing now forever or I will reach burn out and have a meltdown eventually. I'm content to put up with it for a couple more years to save for a house.

I get paid every two weeks, and I make substantially more than I did last year. They gave me a humongous raise because they knew I wasn't happy. I think they thought I was going to leave (I wasn't) even though I never hinted I was going to. 

See I'd go for just enough to be comfortable which is p much where I'm at now, but I'd also like to make all my friends and family to be able to be comfortable too 

• Star 1

1 minute ago, Danny said:

See I'd go for just enough to be comfortable which is p much where I'm at now, but I'd also like to make all my friends and family to be able to be comfortable too 

Agreed for those of my family who are hardworking, currently struggling, and deserve it. I have one specific family member I wouldn't help, because I know their character. Lazy, dishonest, low lifes do not deserve help. Especially when I know they'd blow it all and take advantage anyway. 

• Elites

I think $20/hr is a decent wage. Anything more than that is awesome of course. Even if I hit the lotto or whatever I would probably still work, being productive is a good feeling.